It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI arrests two in connection with plot to set off bomb during protests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm not sure "badgering" would even be enough by itself. Although in the hands of a lawyer who knows what is possible. What I've come across most often is a sequence of events that seem to take place. Usually it starts with an undercover agent infiltrating some organization. For example a mosque, which is common as of late. The idea is to get accepted within the organization in order to find possible members who may be planning something. Obviously the organization is a "targeted" one which some would cry fowl however it's not like you're likely to find a likely terrorist at an antiques show so IMO it makes sense to "target" to some degree.

Typically at this point is where it gets cloudy as far as "intent". The agent might find some potential subjects even though they are in reality either just more vocal about their issues or easily excited. The agents themselves are looking for possible criminals like a hammer looks for a nail. Eventually it will find one or whatever is "close enough" to one in their opinion. It's not even "badgering" or force that is applied, which may be where you're theorizing is off a bit. The opposite seems to be the case more often. Nobody is threatened to do something, but usually encouraged to do so in a positive way.

What I mean is that the agent starts giving them possible plans of what to do. Will pay for them to learn skills, obtain weapons, vehicles, etc. Many times giving them the encouragement, training and equipment they never could have obtained on their own even if they wanted to. The Newburg 4 is a stunning example of this and you should check it out. It's shocking to see how far they actually went with those guys and how they actually just created the so called terrorists that they were going to bust.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

If it's as cut and dry as setting up a person who wants to buy something illegal with a fake dealer than no, that's not entrapment and such persons have committed a crime and deserve to be arrested, charged and tried.

What I'm talking about is something entirely different. Often times when it comes to movements that the government does not like recently with the Occupy movement, agents or informants will pose as activists for months and pick out the mentally ill/disabled, damaged people with severe emotional problems... ones usually stuck out on the fringe of these movements/issues and groom them, literally brainwash them the way a cult leader would and nurse them through the point of them wanting to do something horrific. The goal obviously is to paint the whole movement as violent and radical.

In other instances FBI agents and undercover cops would march along with protesters posing as Anarchists or some other group the government wants perceived as extremist, put masks on and then engage in property destruction... the MSM shows protesters with black kerchiefs and dressed all in black, waving black flags smashing storefront windows, done deal... you saw the reaction here on ATS to that I'm sure.

In Ferguson cops have caught dressed as protesters hurling glass bottles at the riot police so that the riot police could justifiably move against the crowd. Also turning their backs to the looters (no doubt some undercover work there too) and stopping protesters from trying to protect businesses.

Then there's cases like the NATO5/NATO7 where the FBI misrepresented entirely. I believe the last of them was released Thursday (finally).

And again there's COINTELPRO. Look it all up. It all sounds Orwellian and something out of a good thriller. It's not. Enjoy the rabbit hole.

ETA: This isn't to say that there are never extremists involved with protests/movements. That definitely happens too.
edit on 11/22/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
From the intel I'm getting, there are forces at work behind the scenes that are taking these protest to a whole new level. The protests that are planned for after the verdict are in affluent predominantly white areas of St. Louis. The have government offices, Police stations, Hospitals, banks, and several key infrastructure point as area they wish to occupy.

Here some of the intel I've been seeing from the area

A few groups have been reported to be making a large quantity of molotov cocktails.

Also have reports that the New Black Panther Party has been purchasing a large quantity of ammo in the last week or so.

A battle plan that one of the protest groups leaked online outlines the areas they plan to occupy. They plan is to basically cut St. Louis in half. Occupying key intersection preventing law enforcement and emergency personnel (mainly the fire department) from reaching areas in an emergency. Put that together with some of the rhetoric from some you can see they if rioting occurs they plan to burn down white neighborhoods, and loot the high end areas of St. Louis.

It should be noted that only a few groups are preparing for violence. But like any mob once stirred up there can be little stopping them.

I pray cooler heads prevail.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Do you have any proof of Ferguson PD dressing as protestors? Any links?

I did a cursory Google search and found nothing.

That is a pretty bold accusation to make if no evidence exists.

edit on 22-11-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JBRiddle

I hope your intel sources are wrong, as that sounds pretty intense. I doubt that many of the citizens of Ferguson want it to go that way, but there seem to be many others who do. There are so many different overlapping or conflicting agendas and things definitely appear to be coming to a head.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Isn't it common knowledge since 9/11 authorities do indeed infiltrate groups? These undercover authorities after infiltrating groups later lead to arrests about terrorist activities? Isn't this standard operating procedures in our post 9/11 USA?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBRiddle
A battle plan that one of the protest groups leaked online outlines the areas they plan to occupy. They plan is to basically cut St. Louis in half. Occupying key intersection preventing law enforcement and emergency personnel (mainly the fire department) from reaching areas in an emergency.

Do you have a link to that leaked plan? I did a search, but didn't see anything. Just curious. I'm not that far from St. Louis, though hopefully far enough.
edit on 22-11-2014 by ikonoklast because: Corrected a typo

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I am surely not going to take your, nor anyone elses word on this site for "proof."

I would like to see some evidence first.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It's on lives streams and I'm not pouring through hours of video per source, sorry. If you're a cop, you know this happens, why play games?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You made the claim that it is or was occurring in Ferguson, perpetuated by the Ferguson PD and did not provide any evidence to back it up and I am the one playing games...

Until you can furnish some sort of evidence in regards to Ferguson I will hold my judgements. What I won't hold though is my breath...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Well I certainly hope you aren't going to hold your breath cuz I'm not doing it lol. You can choose to not take me at face value, I'm not offended. But you do know it happens don't you?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I try not to say never. Just about anything is possible in a world full of human beings.

That being said we are discussing the Ferguson incident.

I looked for evidence and could not find it. You will not post anything so this is just useless dialogue. Let's move on.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: JHumm

Well obviously you are still free to build pipe bombs, buys lots of guns and generally dismiss humanity as inferior while promising to kill anyone who comes too close to your bunker nirvana.

Just don't make plans to kill lots of people and bad # won't happen....

This should be the urban dictionary definition of the FBI.

Give or take the last sentence.
edit on 23-11-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If one group was busted...you know that there are others. This is simply going to be an excuse to 'shut # down' as they have been protesting. This is a flash point to be used for violence. Plain and Simple.

Al Sharpton should be indicted on EVERY action that causes harm to anyone since he is calling for action in over 20 cities around the country.

The worst part of this entire situation is that there are only two outcomes.

1. There will be more death by police based on protecting themselves and/or innocent people.
2. No matter how much black/black or black on white violence, as SOON as one black person or protester is shot by someone is not of dark complexion, the MSM and the POTUS will chime in again and set race relations back another 60 years.

It is a sad,sad day for our country.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Or mass protest might give way to effect change on a grand scale and our right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness restored. Perhaps change going away from our prison for profit industry will be weakened and the streets will become a safer place for the community that are not afraid of the police and there tactics, will prevail.

We can dream can't we?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join