It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Washington (CNN) -- An investigative report prepared by the House Intelligence Committee finds little to support questions raised about CIA actions on the ground in Benghazi, Libya, the night of a deadly 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound.

The report, from Chairman Mike Rogers, R-Michigan, and ranking member Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger, D-Maryland, concludes there was no intelligence failure prior to the attack, no stand-down order to CIA operatives trying to go assist at the besieged consular building, and found conflicting intelligence in the wake of the attack about the motive and cause, which were reflected in early public comments by the administration.

But the investigation also found the security at the diplomatic outpost was weak and also described a "flawed" process used to create talking points for House members and also then-U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice, whose public statements after the attack incensed critics who said the administration was avoiding calling the attack terrorism.

cnn

I added the bold text to the article. Well there you have it folks a report lead by republicans proves finally all the talking points from right leaning pundits are mostly false. Benghazi was nothing more than a political attack ploy for ideological gain. I expect most to not believe this report because the brainwashing on this topic goes deep, but it is what it is.

here is the report pdf

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Could that be because currently we have ISIS to deal with and the Right wing war machine is relying on the CIA to further it?

Just throwing that out there to think about, because I am sure at this point the "party of war" has so much spittle dripping down their chins that admitting what you have posted just might be their way to say "let's be friends" to help them in this new terrorist threat?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And duh. In the elite-corrupt-brainwash world, it was absolutely not what John McCan't and Lindsey Grahmsping for Straws could handle or spin. They should return to Americans rather than Corporate Shilldom. Spin is ending.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The GOP already did an investigation months ago and came back saying there was no Benghazi Scandal. It was the last of like 13 independent investigations on the matter, all of which came back with the same answer. Nothing. The fact that it was done by the Republicans should have put it to rest then, but I guess there are still some of them who feel like beating that dead horse a little more until they are satisfied.
edit on 21-11-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
All the hype and investigations have served their purpose, now that the Republicans have control. Let's hope they live up to even a fraction of their promises.
edit on 21-11-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
All the hype and investigations have served their purpose, now that the Republicans have control. Let's hope they live up to even a fraction of their promises.

They won't!

More smoke and mirrors, and the ignorant voters will rise to the occasion and elect one of them over the other as always......

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Well there you have it folks a report lead by republicans proves finally all the talking points from right leaning pundits are mostly false.

Whew! Well that's just great! Apparently rather than being completely full of # the administration was only somewhat full of #.

I can now sleep soundly tonight knowing that our fearless leaders tell the truth, most of the time.

Oh, I too added the bold text.
edit on 21-11-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Benghazi is little more than a red herring, overblown in signifigance for political gain. Yeah, getting our consulate attacked and our ambassador killed was very unfortunate, but let's face the facts. It was a consulate, not the main embassy, in a country that is one bad day from total anarchy, in an attack conducted by violent angry mobs stirred up by fundamentalists., and 4 people were killed.

By contrast, the 1998 embassy bombings in Kenya tooked out TWO EMBASSIES, killed hundreds of people, and was part of a growing escalation of violence from a group who would soon become enemy number 1. Yet I didn't see endless hearings regarding that.

It's the same thing with Fast and Furious. I mean, REALLY?!?!?!?!?! It is not like this is some shocking, unheard of crime never before committed by Washington. Or did they sleep through Iran Contra, Bill Clinton selling nuke tech to Chicom, and the Bush family's continued boot licking of the Saudi Royals? Every freaking admin since Kennedy has been involved in illegal gun running to whoever their favorite pet thugs were at the moment. So why would Fast and Furious be any different? It's the same BS I've seen from every prez since I've been alive.

The IRS scandal was the only one really worth pursuing. If the Republicans want to impeach Obama, that would be their best shot.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
And I bet we're still going to hear about it. Yes it was a tragedy... just one that couldn't have been stopped. Well unless our foreign policy had been different the past 50 years or so.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Amazing isn't it? And this was Issa's GOP led investigation!

Expect crickets in this thread from the Usual Benghazi crew.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Amazing isn't it? And this was Issa's GOP led investigation!

Expect crickets in this thread from the Usual Benghazi crew.

Yes but at least they know that is one more thing they have to cross off their list of reasons to impeach Obama.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Like I said it will not change the minds of many including Sen. Graham

Washington (CNN) -- Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, has some harsh words for the recently released Benghazi report, led by his own party.

"I think the report is full of crap," Graham told Gloria Borger on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday.

"I don't believe that the report is accurate, given the role that Mike Morell (deputy director of the Central Intelligence Agency at the time) played in misleading the Congress on two different occasions. Why didn't the report say that?"

cnn

Heaven forbid facts get in the way of ideology!

new topics

top topics

join