It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP anti human and anti-Progress agenda of NOTHING but fear and hatred

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The government does help. It's called fasfa. Look it up.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
For now,against Obama is good enough...

Thats not a policy. Ya boo politics which gets the country nowhere.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed

If it stops his destructive agenda it will be good for the country.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Largely true, but do people forget about Karl Rove? Dick Cheney? Dunno if there's a democrat comparison. Like how before Bush was elected it was planned and calculated to throw gay people under the bus to win an election, when Cheney himself has a lesbian daughter. They never really cared about the issue it seems evident, but just as a tool to win. Cheney cares about his daughter and condones that, but just not for everyone else. How much more blatant and hypocritical can you get. You're either in or you're out, real and honest with your family, fake for your job.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Someone else mentioned earlier as well, Republicans deciding to, before anything has even happened, try to make Obama's administration "fail". Even if it hurts Americans, or even their own constituents...the ones that voted them in. That mentality seems commonplace among republicans.
edit on 11/24/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Willtell

"Now its cutting the throats, metaphorically speaking, of young people who will be in debt most of their adult lives,
You detractors talk a lot of crap as your children sink into drowning debt."

Nope, not at all. My children understand when college is appropriate and that there are cheaper, better ways to learn a skill that will help them provide a good life for their families. My kids won't be going into debt in order to pay for schooling and I won't be paying for their schooling. They know exactly what is expected of them and the consequences of the actions they may choose to take (ie. going into debt).

See, it's simple to teach your kids that they have to pay for what they get, but you have to be willing to tell them "no" when they can't afford what they want. Nothing in life is free, you either pay for it yourself or steal it from someone else and I think we can all agree that stealing is not the moral direction to go.

Oh your children. What about the millions of others. There not perfect like you and your children.

So people make a choice out of good intentions and then have to go broke because the system is broke.

Everybody is not as savvy as others should they be blamed for that?

Yes, you should reap the consequences of your decisions. I missed the part where your (not personally) bad decision making was anyone else's problem.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Dfairlite

Do you see my avatar? I live in the middle of wheat country. My father in law, a rich man, gets a subsidy every year. If the weather and farmers cannot produce, we should be screwed. I grow my own veggies for the whole winter in my back yard. Except this year. The heat killed it, first time in 60 years. And, we americans eat way too much food. I had three kids in three years and have never weighed more than 130 pounds. If the weather keeps screwing with the yields, how much money do you want the government to pay farmers for food they CAN'T produce?

Again, I am fine with getting rid of these subsidies. I'm glad to see you agree with me. Let's move that forward.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I know. I am all for it. But if you make over 46K per yr (at the time I sent my kids to school), you could not get grants. Just loans. That is why we are in debt.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turq1
Someone else mentioned earlier as well, Republicans deciding to, before anything has even happened, try to make Obama's administration "fail". Even if it hurts Americans, or even their own constituents...the ones that voted them in. That mentality seems commonplace among republicans.

Could that be because they listened to obama? They listened to what he wanted to do? So they didn't want him to succeed at those goals? Who would have thought.

I love how some try to bring this argument out as if it shows they didn't give the guy a chance, but really all it shows is that they listened to what he said he wanted to do and vowed to stop him from doing it.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I know. I am all for it. But if you make over 46K per yr (at the time I sent my kids to school), you could not get grants. Just loans. That is why we are in debt.

Or you could have had them work their way through college or join the military or save up enough money to go themselves. But hey, I hear you, there was only one way and that was to become a debt slave!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Why do you assume such negatives about my family? My youngest son will graduate next semester. He has worked for service master the whole time. His books alone, every year has been $600.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Why do you assume such negatives about my family? My youngest son will graduate next semester. He has worked for service master the whole time. His books alone, every year has been $600.

You said they had to go into debt, that was not an assumption.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Turq1

Republicans are not "trying" to make his administration fail. They system of checks and balances is such that when one group of people disagrees with the other in how to run things, then we have what we have in Congress. Republicans didn't want socialized healthcare but Democrat ruled Congress passed it. So that's how that works. It's not because people want him to fail. Although his policies should fail because they are based in Marxism, and they will fail and have failed because they are Marxist plans. And Marxism really doesn't work even though it may look good on paper, it's a failed theoretical system. So that's a snapshot of reality.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed

"Getting nowhere" is a reprieve when one is headed straight at the gates of Hell, on the fast track.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turq1

I can't see how making ANY of the last several presidents fail would have been a bad thing...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Did you go to college? We sent three. It takes all our resources along with loans and grants, together, to make it all the way to the end. We are finishing our part up and the kids take over the loans once they graduate. I can't imagine how anyone except the rich will be able to afford the cost with the tuition increasing 13% every year. At least.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You know, I started to say "I'd love to make 46k a year" - but then thought about it. Not a chance I'd really want that, especially not in the current tax climate, where I have the IRS trying to make me pay private corporations for stuff I'll never use. My health ain't none of their damned business, and making more money just gives them more leverage.

Not worth the effort. I'd rather stay poor.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Sounds like you got off kinda light. One of my books, way back in the 90's, was $185.

One book.

For one semester.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

They went to community and state colleges. Don't know if that makes a difference in price compared to universities. But, the costs are escalating too fast compared to the average income (around here) of 50K.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Turq1

Republicans are not "trying" to make his administration fail. They system of checks and balances is such that when one group of people disagrees with the other in how to run things, then we have what we have in Congress. Republicans didn't want socialized healthcare but Democrat ruled Congress passed it. So that's how that works. It's not because people want him to fail. Although his policies should fail because they are based in Marxism, and they will fail and have failed because they are Marxist plans. And Marxism really doesn't work even though it may look good on paper, it's a failed theoretical system. So that's a snapshot of reality.

His policies aren't really Marxist. In Marxism, you give everything you have to the government, and they give you back what they want you to have - they give you back the crumbs from your own table.

In Obamism, you give everything to a private corporation by governmental edict, by threat of government punishment, and they give you nothing back.

It's true, however, that in both systems, you're screwed if you play by their rules.

edit on 2014/11/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join