It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP anti human and anti-Progress agenda of NOTHING but fear and hatred

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Ah, the righteous republican mantra. "It is ok for me but not for thee". That is not complicated either. That is evil.

Almost like the democrat mantra.

"It is ok for thee but not for me"

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Typical righteous republican. I don't like my taxes going to farmers who fail, corporations who fail, multi trillion dollars going to arabs and jews in other countries because they are too afraid to fight their own battles. But I pay anyway. Time to give the american people a raise for their generosity to the rich and foreigners.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

I'm not going to say there isn't want in the US, but barring neglect or choice, no one in the US need live in a 3rd world life style.

I've lived in a country where there are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world conditions. Even those in poverty in the US have much more than many of people.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Typical righteous republican. I don't like my taxes going to farmers who fail, corporations who fail, multi trillion dollars going to arabs and jews in other countries because they are too afraid to fight their own battles. But I pay anyway. Time to give the american people a raise for their generosity to the rich and foreigners.

Nor do I. End all farm subsidies and foreign aid. Fine by me! But you realize that those farm subsidies help keep food affordable for the poor? Just want to make sure. I'm fine with that ending, are you really?

End all of that and let american's keep their paychecks. That would be great!

I knew we'd find common ground!
edit on 23-11-2014 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think that the issue is more supply / demand based. With the majority of jobs requiring college education (many for no reason), a college degree has now become almost as essential as a high school degree used to be.

We need to address the idea that 4 years of college may not be the best choice for many of our young people.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

If it is so great in those poor countries, why did you leave? Yeah, I know that is the dream of righteous republicans. To bring anarchy and poverty on US citizens. Then hunger won't feel so bad, will it, if millions more are hungry too.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I didn't say it was better than the US. In many ways, it was worse.

Honestly, you're not making a whole lot of sense to me. Instead of escalating, let's all take a deep breath. Now, I've seen you post that you want college to cost $50 a credit hour. I'd like to understand how you would do this without seriously undermining the quality of public colleges?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

LOL examples???

Democrats agenda is to overload the system with domesticated voters and bankrupt the nation. Once that happens anarchy will break out and they can rebuild the nation in the form of communism. It has always been part of their end goal. Democrats call it the CLOWARD PIVEN STRATEGY. Look it up.
edit on 23-11-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

All the burden should not fall on the student and their parents. I don't know why universities need rock climbing walls and all that crap to attract rich brats. If college has become too expensive for middle class worker families, then the government needs to help or colleges need to cut the fat, not the education. Preferably, both.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

"Now its cutting the throats, metaphorically speaking, of young people who will be in debt most of their adult lives,
You detractors talk a lot of crap as your children sink into drowning debt."

Nope, not at all. My children understand when college is appropriate and that there are cheaper, better ways to learn a skill that will help them provide a good life for their families. My kids won't be going into debt in order to pay for schooling and I won't be paying for their schooling. They know exactly what is expected of them and the consequences of the actions they may choose to take (ie. going into debt).

See, it's simple to teach your kids that they have to pay for what they get, but you have to be willing to tell them "no" when they can't afford what they want. Nothing in life is free, you either pay for it yourself or steal it from someone else and I think we can all agree that stealing is not the moral direction to go.

Oh your children. What about the millions of others. There not perfect like you and your children.

So people make a choice out of good intentions and then have to go broke because the system is broke.

Everybody is not as savvy as others should they be blamed for that?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I totally agree.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Do you see my avatar? I live in the middle of wheat country. My father in law, a rich man, gets a subsidy every year. If the weather and farmers cannot produce, we should be screwed. I grow my own veggies for the whole winter in my back yard. Except this year. The heat killed it, first time in 60 years. And, we americans eat way too much food. I had three kids in three years and have never weighed more than 130 pounds. If the weather keeps screwing with the yields, how much money do you want the government to pay farmers for food they CAN'T produce?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
none of this matters without a constitution.

your bickering is futile.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LurkingRelentlessly

I agree somewhat. Righteous Republicans tore that up with The Patriot Act. Now republicans want to take it back. Fools, no one gives back Power.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

correction*

now the citizenry wants to take it back.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: nenothtu

Exactly, I think it's ridiculous to complain about someone doing nothing when they did nothing themselves.

I think they keep flopping on this issue so both sides have something to distract us with

That's a fair bet. The Republicans want cheap labor, and the Democrats want cheap votes, Both are disinclined to do a damned thing about it. Neither is in it for the benefit of either the immigrants or the American people, despite all their pretty rhetoric.

Both "sides" are in it for the Party, neither for the People. I know what used to be thought of here in the U.S. when a certain other nation where Party prevailed was under discussion.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Simple answer. This is not true. The Dems had a filibuster proof majority for less than 70 days. There have been an unprecedented number of fillibusters since then. A fillibuster means that the minority party refuses to allow a vote - the actual Democratic process - from occurring.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Now its cutting the throats, metaphorically speaking, of young people who will be in debt most of their adult lives,
You detractors talk a lot of crap as your children sink into drowning debt.

Go ahead keep voting for candidates( both parties but as usual GOP is much worst) slaves of the Banksters and other greedy interests so your children will end up worst off than you

I fail to see how it's my problem if you fail to teach your children about debt, and how it's bad, and why, and to avoid it like the disease it is. I taught mine - yours are not mine to raise. so no, MY children won't end up that way, however yours turn out is up to you.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

If it is so great in those poor countries, why did you leave? Yeah, I know that is the dream of righteous republicans. To bring anarchy and poverty on US citizens. Then hunger won't feel so bad, will it, if millions more are hungry too.

Honestly, if that were the Republican dream, if that were what they were after, they would all vote Democrat. You should be old enough to recall the days of the Soviet Union - THAT is what it looks like when the government hands everything to you that it thinks you should have. Breadlines and the like.

BTW, where is the Soviet Union now?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Oh your children. What about the millions of others. There not perfect like you and your children.

So people make a choice out of good intentions and then have to go broke because the system is broke.

Everybody is not as savvy as others should they be blamed for that?

"Blamed"? No - but Darwin WILL extract his pound of flesh, regardless of where one wants to drop "blame". Actions have consequences, even the actions that are "not savvy". Nature and the world enforce that, and they don't care a bit.

Indeed, "what about" the "millions of others"? None of them are mine to raise. I gave mine a fighting chance. If their caretakers don't do that for them, it's really not my problem - unless you WANT me to raise your children?

edit on 2014/11/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join