It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP anti human and anti-Progress agenda of NOTHING but fear and hatred

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: MOMof3

That is fine, Aunt Betty can go the nursing home and I hope all her nurses are conservative in their care.

Sounds like one bitter attitude.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I want tuition of $50 per credit.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No. Sad. That none of her young relatives want to be around her anymore. Her loss.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have family like that, too - they'd just as soon see me dead over my political views. So much for the compassion of liberals. They have "compassion" as long as we want to tow their line... for the rest of us, not so much.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

And what quality of educator do you think $50 per credit will buy? They could probably make better money at McDonalds flipping burgers, and have a shorter work day to boot.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

If money bought the best of everything, doctors would not get sued. CEO'S would not bring down a whole globe with bad judgments. I don't believe the person from Harvard is any smarter than my kids who went to state colleges. They are taught the same science, math, laws of physics. You are just paying for a name at Harvard. And if the government picked up the tab over the $50, the profs would still be making the same wage. Oh, and eliminate the BS classes.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

"NOTHING ON COLLEGE TUITION which is ready to explode"
Ummmm... it already has exploded. You don't seem to understand economics... See, this democrat "everyone should go to college" thing increases demand, which increases price. Then you have the government giving away money or guaranteeing people can go into massive amounts of debt in order to go to college and what does that do to college? Drives the price up! So the solution is to get people away from thinking college is a necessity and to stop giving away money to go to college.

"NOTHING ON JOBS"
There are dozens of jobs bills passed by the house, collecting dust in harry reid's desk.

"NOTHING TO STOP AMERICAN JOBS GOING OVERSEAS"
Ok, but at least we aren't trying to make it so that there are another 8 million people competing against you for the jobs that haven't been sent over seas.

"NOTHING ON URBAN BLIGHT"
Get out of the urban areas.

"NOTHING ON GLOBAL WARMING"
If you'd stop on the "you'll accept that global warming is fact" (it's not) then you'd get a lot more support for anti-pollution measures.

"NOTHING ON OTHER ENVIROMETAL CONCERNS"
See above. (what is enviro metal? a new element maybe?)

"NOTHING ON WOMANS EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE"
Already achieved. Name a place that has different pay scales for men and women or shut up.

"NOTHING ON POVERTY"
Jobs will help the poor more than welfare ever has.

"NOTHING ON LOW WAGE STAGNATION"
There are so many possible causes to this that it's hard to nail down what to do about it. Arbitrary government measures will only exacerbate the issue.

"NOTHING ON THE MINIMUM WAGE"
There should be no minimum wage. If I want to work for $3/hr I should be able to.

"NOTHING ON VAST ECONOMIC INEQUALITY IN THE NATION THAT’S GETTING WORS DAILY"
In economic freedom, it will work itself out. What is the democrat solution? Confiscate it? Ok, what would you do if the government started taking more of your money? you'd hide it better or you'd save more of it because it's now an expense. Hardly a solution.

Side note: I always love when a title is written like yours, it's easy to know that a flow of irrational attacks will follow.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Now we're getting closer to what you REALLY want - you want the government to buy your kid's educations, beyond primary and secondary. Are there any more of your bills you would like the government to pick up, while we're giving other people's money away?

What are you willing to give the government in return for that money? Nothing is ever really free - the piper must always be paid.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: FyreByrd

I haven't had a vacation since 1996. When I was working, it was anywhere from 84 to 120 hours a week.

I want a goddamn refund from those "fighters"!

Why yes, yes I AM special! thanks for noticing! I'm so special that I can see the failure in the claimed "victory" that was trumpeted there! That's certainly not a run-of-the-mill superpower - Progressives can't seem to see it, for example...

What good is a 40 hour work week when it winds up pricing and regulating jobs right out of the country? I kinda see your point, though - LOTS of people get "vacations" then!

Funny thing about the 40 hour work week. It was not the government that gave that to you, it was Ford motor company. They invented the five day, eight hours/day, work week to streamline efficiency. Pretty much every factory followed suit, then the "labor" party of the day took credit for it. Organized labor and government are responsible for very little when you really start to look at the history of things. Their shining achievements are pushing these things to slow to adopt companies. But given time, it would have happened anyway (sometimes faster).

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Now we're getting closer to what you REALLY want - you want the government to buy your kid's educations, beyond primary and secondary. Are there any more of your bills you would like the government to pick up, while we're giving other people's money away?

What are you willing to give the government in return for that money? Nothing is ever really free - the piper must always be paid.

Now, let's be clear. She wants the tax payer to buy her (and her kids) things. The government doesn't have any money that it doesn't receive from the taxpayer. Taken by force.
edit on 23-11-2014 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

"NOTHING ON COLLEGE TUITION which is ready to explode"
Ummmm... it already has exploded. You don't seem to understand economics... See, this democrat "everyone should go to college" thing increases demand, which increases price.

yes, it did - tuition explode, I mean. I once upon a time paid $50 per credit, as MOMof3 would like to see now. that was 30 years ago (around 1981)... at a community college, even then. Actually, the government paid that, for me - call it a "grant" or call it "payment for services rendered" - it makes no difference, the ultimate source was the same.

By 1993, when I was studying physics and astronomy at university, I was paying $750 per credit - and that was out of MY pocket - but the education was much more... thorough.

I can only imagine what it is now.

Then you have the government giving away money or guaranteeing people can go into massive amounts of debt in order to go to college and what does that do to college? Drives the price up! So the solution is to get people away from thinking college is a necessity and to stop giving away money to go to college.

If I had it to do over again, that's the solution I would have picked. College education did me exactly zero good - hasn't even managed to pay for itself, much less turn a profit. Now, that is neither the college's fault nor the government's fault - that's MY fault, for picking a field that doesn't have much in the way of demand for it.

"NOTHING ON WOMANS EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE"
Already achieved. Name a place that has different pay scales for men and women or shut up.

That was actually achieved by law in June, 1963. I guess maybe some folks haven't got that memo yet, because now - 50 years later, after the fact - I still hear it all the time as a catch-phrase, but they never get very specific about it, as with examples or anything like that.

edit on 2014/11/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I have been paying taxes since 1968. I have been married to the same man for 36 years. All my kids have the same last name. All my kids work, go to school and pay taxes. I have one car, rent, and all my other resources go to my family and their needs. I am very proud of having a hard working family. Ah, republicans, just like 'em to go after you family. That is all you republicans know how to do, rule by punishment and nastiness.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
>>
There should be no minimum wage. If I want to work for $3/hr I should be able to.
>>

I think you really have no idea how awful poverty statistics are in the US are right now...and how many people, especially the middle-class, today are in-fact living BELOW what would be "sufficient" to even live a "middle-class" life. (While costs of course are going up at the same time.)

Short: MASSES (the vast majority of people) in the US are poor. Take away the very few, very wealthy and all you have left is a 2nd, no, a 3rld world country looking at what people make and have available. (Credit Cards, student loans etc. obviously don't count!)
And if you think that NO minimum wage and having people work for $3/hr would solve anything. MUCH LUCK WITH THAT!!

edit on 11/23/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Exactly, I think it's ridiculous to complain about someone doing nothing when they did nothing themselves.

I think they keep flopping on this issue so both sides have something to distract us with

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I have been paying taxes since 1968. I have been married to the same man for 36 years. All my kids have the same last name. All my kids work, go to school and pay taxes. I have one car, rent, and all my other resources go to my family and their needs. I am very proud of having a hard working family. Ah, republicans, just like 'em to go after you family. That is all you republicans know how to do, rule by punishment and nastiness.

I missed where I went after your family. All I said is that you want tax payers to buy you and your kids things. If you are attempting to counter that by saying you pay taxes, that's a terrible argument. Your taxes don't even cover the portion of your money which the government spends now. Add in higher education and you'll be paying much more in taxes. But see, you want someone else to pay for it because you 'can't afford it' or don't want to afford it, or whatever.

IOW: Why would you want government to do something for you that you can do for yourself? Simple, you can't do it yourself or don't want to put in the effort to do it yourself. The only motivation to have the government pay for services is that you can't afford or don't want to pay for them. You want to take money from someone else. It really isn't complicated.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
>>
>>

I think you really have no idea how awful poverty statistics are in the US are right now...and how many people, especially the middle-class, today are in-fact living BELOW what would be "sufficient" to even live a "middle-class" life. (While costs of course are going up at the same time.)

Short: MASSES (the vast majority of people) in the US are poor. Take away the very few, very wealthy and all you have left is a 2nd, no, a 3rld world country looking at what people make and have available. (Credit Cards, student loans etc. obviously don't count!)
And if you think that NO minimum wage and having people work for $3/hr would solve anything. MUCH LUCK WITH THAT!!

Ahh yes, 'poverty statistics'. Well, let's see, Absolute Poverty is defined as: "the deprivation of basic human needs, which commonly includes food, water, sanitation, clothing, shelter, health care and education."

All of those things have a government program to provide them. Therefore, absolute poverty is not possible in the US unless an individual lacks the motivation to head down to the government offices and get their cheese. I have no sympathy for those who WILL NOT help themselves.

Now if your talking poverty as we see it in the US (I don't have as much nice stuff as that guy) a single full time minimum wage worker makes 2k over the poverty line for themselves a spouse and a child. Two children, and they're $570 below poverty. So if mom works for a month, they're over poverty.

Finally, don't construe my argument about minimum wage to be an argument that wages should decline. It is not that. Wages would stay the same, but the avenue to obtain skills would be widened significantly if there were no minimum wage. There's a reason teen and black unemployment are so high, and that reason is minimum wage.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Ah, the righteous republican mantra. "It is ok for me but not for thee". That is not complicated either. That is evil.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The college tuition explosion is the result, imo, of capitalism allowed to run amuck—put a price on everything all the time for whatever reason....Without any moderation( JUST LET GREED RUN AMOK) as long as the elite get a cut in this case the Banksters and colleges (who are more businesses than learning institutions.)

Now its cutting the throats, metaphorically speaking, of young people who will be in debt most of their adult lives,
You detractors talk a lot of crap as your children sink into drowning debt.

Go ahead keep voting for candidates( both parties but as usual GOP is much worst) slaves of the Banksters and other greedy interests so your children will end up worst off than you

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Ah, the righteous republican mantra. "It is ok for me but not for thee". That is not complicated either. That is evil.

No, it's ok for those who can afford it, or pay their own way, or go into debt to do it. But it's not ok for the government to run prices up by guaranteeing loans. Take a look at housing prices and the increase when government backed loans became so popular. Similar isn't it? But hey let's just bury our heads in the sand and scream lalalalala because the intention for everyone to go to college is noble and good! There's a saying about the road to hell and what it's paved with.... it applies here.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

"Now its cutting the throats, metaphorically speaking, of young people who will be in debt most of their adult lives,
You detractors talk a lot of crap as your children sink into drowning debt."

Nope, not at all. My children understand when college is appropriate and that there are cheaper, better ways to learn a skill that will help them provide a good life for their families. My kids won't be going into debt in order to pay for schooling and I won't be paying for their schooling. They know exactly what is expected of them and the consequences of the actions they may choose to take (ie. going into debt).

See, it's simple to teach your kids that they have to pay for what they get, but you have to be willing to tell them "no" when they can't afford what they want. Nothing in life is free, you either pay for it yourself or steal it from someone else and I think we can all agree that stealing is not the moral direction to go.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join