It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP anti human and anti-Progress agenda of NOTHING but fear and hatred

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I don't know what to do anymore Willtell. People, like my Aunt Betty Jean (70 yrs to my 64) in Mississippi vote only on how to destroy the Blacks. I swear to God, a true story. She and her kind carried the past election.

We are not spending the holidays with her or none of our tea party conservative families. The hate and the subjects that we are not allowed to talk about, well, those days are over. We are all very tired of hating so many groups, for no real reason, other than fear. We are very tired of bailing out corporations who poison, trillions spent on Jews and Arabs across the ocean, while our own downtrodden citizens have no hope. I don't know why destroying the first Black president is more important than their own families well being and future. That is fine, Aunt Betty can go the nursing home and I hope all her nurses are conservative in their care.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: Sunwolf

Because people like me were against immigration reform and amnesty and wrote to our representatives by the hundreds of thousands.That`s why.

So the Republicans controlled everything for 6 years, and hundreds of thousands of people like you were against reform and all, and in response the Republicans did NOTHING, never even brought it up as the huge major issue it is now? I'm not really seeing the logic here. If so many people were so passionate about it as you say, shouldn't some sort of action, ANY kind of action been taken back then? Or are you saying Obama should have just ignored everything like the Republicans did?

So,you don`t remember the gang of 8 in the last administration trying to pass amnesty?The Republican backed amnesty?7 times it was brought forward and the public pushed it back?My family made 3000 phone calls and sent hundreds of letters against amnesty.That`s why nothing made it past both houses of congress.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This must be a summary of the democratic plan then. Same as always, attack republicans. This will be very helpful in solving the nations problems.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Both parties establishment have the same exact donors. The Tea Party is the least of the problem.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

Since no-one on the right ever brought something to the table I cannot even *evaluate* them in terms of their politics, because THERE IS nothing.

Not bringing something you like to the table is not the same as not bringing something to the table at all.

As you already pointed out, so many issues like global warming,

No "plan" necessary.

jobs,

They've got a pretty complex plan to achieve that - but I'm not surprised that "Progressives" are unable to grasp it in it's detail and intricacy.

minimum wage,

Use it properly - you know, what it's there for.

college tuition.

I went to 4 separate colleges and universities, and still can't figure out what your question is here RE "college tuition". They have it, you pay it. What's the question about it? If you want "free" tuition, have the government start a tuition-free college. they had those in the Soviet Union I understand. Worked well for them, didn't it? So go for it!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

Both parties establishment have the same exact donors. The Tea Party is the least of the problem.

Nobody ever suggested the democrats are saintly it’s just that they support issues that are more beneficial to the lower and middle classes.

That is often counteracted by the bribes of lobbyist to democrats as well as the bribes to the GOP.

That’s true but on issues the GOP ARE 100 PERCENT ONLY FOR THE 1 PERCENT ELITE RICH AND SUPER RICH

That is the ONLY reason they are in politics.

edit on 23-11-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I have logical thinking skills…it’s just that YOU are OVERTHINKING A simple equation.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Another way to cover up truth is to put this op in this forum

I think that is a bad idea.

Not mine btw

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: nenothtu

I haven't had a vacation since 1996. When I was working, it was anywhere from 84 to 120 hours a week.

I want a goddamn refund from those "fighters"!

Why yes, yes I AM special! thanks for noticing! I'm so special that I can see the failure in the claimed "victory" that was trumpeted there! That's certainly not a run-of-the-mill superpower - Progressives can't seem to see it, for example...

What good is a 40 hour work week when it winds up pricing and regulating jobs right out of the country? I kinda see your point, though - LOTS of people get "vacations" then!

edit on 2014/11/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I agree that free tuition in American colleges does not work. Take for instance Cooper Union. That endowment set up specifically for free tuition was too much temptation for Hedge Fund Fools;

"Cooper Union may be an extreme example, but it’s hardly the only college suffering from a combination of decades of bad decisions and recent treacherous markets. Its endowment was typical of the many endowments and pension funds that took the plunge into so-called alternative investments like hedge funds, which have lured investors with the promise of generous and steady returns in both good times and bad. And compared with many universities, Cooper Union did a good job managing its endowment through the recent financial crisis. As recently as 2009, the school maintains, it ranked first among all American universities for endowment performance."
Link www.nytimes.com...

Corporate Republicanism is sucking the life out of american families. Not the poor, not the people of color.

edit on 23-11-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Why can’t some people get it through their thick skulls that this is a simple issue not encumbered by any degree of complexity other than BS…
The attempt to cater to the RICH and SUPER RICH at the expense of simple MORALITY 101…People in this country learned in Sunday school

Tell us one country that practiced austerity and that led to a vibrant economy?

They are doing austerity right now in Europe and the people are suffering…it hasn’t worked.

Its a scam of the rich for the rich by the rich to mainatin their ill gottem gain and their number one puppets are the GOP and their simple minded followers

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: Sunwolf

Because people like me were against immigration reform and amnesty and wrote to our representatives by the hundreds of thousands.That`s why.

So the Republicans controlled everything for 6 years, and hundreds of thousands of people like you were against reform and all, and in response the Republicans did NOTHING, never even brought it up as the huge major issue it is now? I'm not really seeing the logic here. If so many people were so passionate about it as you say, shouldn't some sort of action, ANY kind of action been taken back then? Or are you saying Obama should have just ignored everything like the Republicans did?

Yup, they did nothing. Failed to enforce the laws we already had, failed to stem the tide of the invasion. They did NOTHING. Now, Obama's answer is to do even less, enforce even less.

Brilliant plan.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: amfirst1

Nobody ever suggested the democrats are saintly it’s just that they support issues that are more beneficial to the lower and middle classes.

That is often counteracted by the bribes of lobbyist to democrats as well as the bribes to the GOP.

That’s true but on issues the GOP ARE 100 PERCENT ONLY FOR THE 1 PERCENT ELITE RICH AND SUPER RICH

That is the ONLY reason they are in politics.

Serious question - how are those evil 1 percenters supposed to get rich if no one is working to make them any money?

I detect a flaw in that diabolical plan to take over the world...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

What is it you want in regard to college tuition then? We have to define a question before we can find an answer to it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Willtell -

Do words and phrases like "ignorant", "brainwashed", critical thinking-impaired", "the canard that BOTH PARTIES ARE EVIL", "Why can’t some people get it through their thick skulls", "simple minded followers" and "manchurian candidated" mean anything to you?

They should - I see them a lot in your posts. Protip: It's hard to win friends and influence people by telling them they're just stupid. You're not going to win many converts like that - but by all means, proceed! It's very entertaining all the same!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I don't want what has been happening in the colleges with the money they get from endowments and financial aid the past 30 years. I have sent 3 kids to college the past 10 years. We are all in debt trying to make it happen. And that was to cheaper colleges that invest in just education.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Very good, We have now established what you DON'T want.

My question was "what DO you want?"

We're half way there...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Play games with the children. You know exactly what is needed. The door to learning should be available to everyone. Then watch how fast social programs begin shrinking.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There are two ways to deal with this. The first is to get enough "normal" people in politics that sensible laws are passed. The second is become extremely wealthy so the system works for you, and then become a philanthropist.

Pick one and go for it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You want to play games with the children? I fail to see how that is going to address college tuition. Don't you think you should want something a bit more substantial?

What I "know is needed" and what you want may be two different things. The question was about what you want.

And still is.

We can address the assertion of "social programs shrinking" as a response to what you want after we find out what it is you want. Try for something less nebulous than "the door to learning should be available to everyone". Slogans are nice - concrete, actionable wants are better.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join