It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP anti human and anti-Progress agenda of NOTHING but fear and hatred

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Please do keep cranking out these Chicken Little "The sky is fallingI The sky is falling because my guys don't have the amount of power I want them to have" threads. I find them very entertaining.

Then again, slapstick comedy of just this sort has always been my favorite!

It's a little bit like watching an old 50's movie where the little lady of the house stands on a chair screaming because she saw a mouse.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

Please do keep cranking out these Chicken Little "The sky is fallingI The sky is falling because my guys don't have the amount of power I want them to have" threads. I find them very entertaining.

Then again, slapstick comedy of just this sort has always been my favorite!

It's a little bit like watching an old 50's movie where the little lady of the house stands on a chair screaming because she saw a mouse.

You make light of what you call “ chicken little’ op.

I imagine if you lived in Iraq in 2003 you wouldn’t be too quick to write such, if you were one of the million dead Iraqis or 5000 American troops were not one of your relatives.

Your comfort might not last forever!

edit on 22-11-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You're welcome to come share my comfort any old time you'd like. After a week of it, tell me if YOU would WANT it to last forever.

I'm hoping someone will get in office to alleviate my "comfort" - courtesy Obama and the Democrats lately, Bush and the Neocons formerly.

It amuses me to see people who still can't discern that they are having the walls of their own prisons built by whomever gets a brick in his hand first.

What the hell do I care? I gots my comforts... You'll have some just like mine before you know it!

edit on 2014/11/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Alas though, unfortunately, nothing last forever IN THIS WORLD…
Nice that you don’t respond to the objective facts of my post. A little too much reality.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

People who fought the civil war and revolutionary war were wishful thinkers?

half of them were. I'll let you figure out which half.

The people who fought for the 40 hour work week and child labor laws and freedom for minorities were wishful thinkers?

The reason why you get a vacation and aren’t forced to work over 40 hours is because WISHFUL THINKERS FOUGHT FOR THOSE RIGHTS

I haven't had a vacation since 1996. When I was working, it was anywhere from 84 to 120 hours a week.

I want a goddamn refund from those "fighters"!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Alas though, unfortunately, nothing last forever IN THIS WORLD…
Nice that you don’t respond to the objective facts of my post. A little too much reality.

I'll respond to your "objective facts" if i can find any. There weren't any at all in the OP, but if you'd like, I CAN go through it point by point and demonstrate that.

Would you like?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The objective facts of the dead Iraqis and American troops.

These are facts some of the OP was conceptual but the facts behind it are apparent to critical thinkers.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

a reply to: WhatTheory

Wages in America were fought for by union workers who if they didn’t you would be making far less than you are now.

I'd be paying far less than I am now... but I can't imagine MAKING less than nothing.

People died so you can now have a vacation and ONLY work 40 hours and cant make you kid work in a swaet shop

What a load of malarkey. See above about my vacations and "40 hour work weeks", and ain't NOBODY can make my kid work in a sweat shop other than my kid. He's hard headed like that.

Gets it from his Old Man, I suspect.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Your problem is that you can’t get away from:
ME ME ME ME ME.

Try having a little empathy it might help

You’re making a lot of noise and saying
NOTHING

Sort of like the GOP

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The objective facts of the dead Iraqis and American troops.

These are facts some of the OP was conceptual but the facts behind it are apparent to critical thinkers.

What "objective facts"? Your grossly inflated claim of "a million" dead Iraqis? Show me the bodies. Bring a clicker so I can count 'em - make sure it will go to a million.

We've already hashed out the dead soldiers - not a damned thing you can tell me about dead soldiers.

There are exactly NO facts in the OP - it's entirely opinion, an emotional rant.

Just gimme the "go", and we'll go there.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So, you're saying they're basically the same as Democrats?
Even if they haven't shown a plan to progress the economy, at least they're not actively trying to take more from us.
You want to claim the GOP uses fear to get people to agree with them? Take a look at your own post.

You nuked it.

Sorry to post and run but I really dont have anything else to say. You said it all.

edit on 11 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: seeker1963

The Democrats had the house and senate BOTH for 2 years and didn't do squat for minimum wage! Why is it that they only bring it up when it is time for them to prostitute votes?

Probably the same reason when Republicans had control for 6 years under Bush and did nothing on illegal immigration

Because people like me were against immigration reform and amnesty and wrote to our representatives by the hundreds of thousands.That`s why.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Your problem is that you can’t get away from:
ME ME ME ME ME.

Try having a little empathy it might help

You’re making a lot of noise and saying
NOTHING

Sort of like the GOP

maybe "sort of" like the GOP, but EXACTLY like the OP. A lot of noise, no falling buildings. Do you get irritated when someone does that? I just get entertained. I like to watch the flailing arms as they're running around shouting.

edit on 2014/11/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

One NEVER has nothing to say when you defend the indefensible.
It's a lost cause!
edit on 22-11-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No.

The comment was perfect.

I guess I could say something though....

This thread doesnt try to vilify one side. It tries to justify the one by vilifying the other. If you fall for that then you dont have very strong critical thinking skills. Thats illogical.

Saying that there is any difference between either side of the isle in American politics is beyond incorrect. Its stupid.

If you cant see that then you really dont know enough about politics.
edit on 11 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I applaud the OP for speaking the truth.

"Political party of nothing" fits wonderfully, since the GOP literally has nothing EXCEPT "being against" the Obama administration and its politics. That's how I too see the GOP and their supporters. Rather than actually bringing something constructive to the table....and addressing REAL PROBLEMS and how the GOP would solve them..."we're against this, we veto this".

Since no-one on the right ever brought something to the table I cannot even *evaluate* them in terms of their politics, because THERE IS nothing. As you already pointed out, so many issues like global warming, jobs, minimum wage, college tuition. What's the GOP's plan? What's their actual POLITICS *besides* "we're against Obama and what he does?"

I mentioned this by sheer coincidence today somewhere on a forum (pretty much exactly what you said in your post)...and as a reply I got that their "we're against Obama" is indeed the *only* thing which still holds the GOP together since this is pretty much the one and only thing they agree on.

Those people want presidency in 2016. A political party's and a possible new president's job should be to address problems and present solutions. But to me it seems they just catch voters NOT based on real politics and plans but their anti-Obama stance. Extremely weak.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For now,against Obama is good enough...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatTheory

originally posted by: FyreByrdPresident Obama has deported more un-documented people then any President before him. If you look at history, do you?, Reagan issued a blanket amnesty for the un-documented during his term as President.

First of all, I guess you like to twist history or pick & choose which parts satisfy your liberal needs because both of your statements are inaccurate.

Reagan did not issue blanket amnesty like Obama just did.
Link

Just like the real unemployment numbers, the Obama administration is also being disingenuous with the deportation numbers.
Link

Perhaps I was over zelous in my characterization of the Reagan administration's amnesty when I called it blanket.

President Obama's Executive Order is only a moratorium on deportations for certain classes of un-documented immigrants for THREE YEARS. It offers no 'path to citizenship' no 'path to permanent residency'. It fact it will only slow down the deportations of these classes.

President Obama has been trying to get the republican's to the table to work out a 'comprehensive immagration package' as President Reagan did. The repulbican's have refused to do so, to do anything on the issue for four years perhaps more. The republicans will not even talk about the issue, let alone offer any ideas; nor will they compromise, they will only act in cases that 'they get their own way' without any consideration of facts or ideas from other they find distasteful. Acting like little children, being obstainant (sorry about the spelling) in order to garner attention.

President Obama hasn't changed immigration law one bit, he is only changing the enforcement of the existing law - as good ole' Saint Ronnie did with not eforcing anti-trust laws in the eighties.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

I haven't had a vacation since 1996. When I was working, it was anywhere from 84 to 120 hours a week.

I want a goddamn refund from those "fighters"!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Because people like me were against immigration reform and amnesty and wrote to our representatives by the hundreds of thousands.That`s why.

So the Republicans controlled everything for 6 years, and hundreds of thousands of people like you were against reform and all, and in response the Republicans did NOTHING, never even brought it up as the huge major issue it is now? I'm not really seeing the logic here. If so many people were so passionate about it as you say, shouldn't some sort of action, ANY kind of action been taken back then? Or are you saying Obama should have just ignored everything like the Republicans did?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join