It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP anti human and anti-Progress agenda of NOTHING but fear and hatred

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You are confusing the T.E.A. (taxed enough already) party with the GOP and the Democrats. Their whole mission statement was that Americans are already taxed to much with no visible relief for those who really pay the bulk of the taxes of this country the working class.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Metallicus

I believe in issues.

You believe in obscuring issues by the standard BOTH SIDES ARE WRONG LIE

Dude, don't post an OP going off on Republicans and then pretend you were against both parties before it was cool. I don't like either party and I have issues on both sides, but I don't rant against one party on every post. You sir are NOT a centrist.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brandyjack
a reply to: DAVID64 There is a difference in tone. There recordings and public statements by GOP leaders in 2008 and 2010, to the effect, they will do anything and everything to prevent President Obama from leaving a legacy, and making him a historic failure. That every one of the issues is factual, beats the GOP Teapublican public statements. Ebola, why doesn't the Obama Administration have a single official to speak for the government response to Ebola. The nominee for Surgeon General has been sand bagged by the Teapublicans (they ain't my Republican party) for nearly a year. The Surgeon General is America's physician, who should speak for the CDC and NIH, etc. Smart, block the appointment in the Senate, then scream how incompetent the Administration is behaving. Every "failure" of the Administration can be laid to the door of the Teapublicans and their Echo Chamber. A fact apparently too complicated for the general population to understand. Then, the Teapublicans and friends have for years undermine education. Complain about Common Core, while they channel a pseudo Christian dogma as education.

You do know that BHO had both the house and senate in 2008-2010 why did he (they) not get everything through then when they had a majority in both houses? They lost the congress in 2010 that is when the senate under Harry Reid who has not passed one budget bill from the house in four years. Now they have lost Senate too so how do you blame the GOP for all this? Why is it that a minority in the house and the senate at the time could foil all the well laid plans of the democrats when they had the majority?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

You forgot:

Nothing on immigration reform.

edit on 22-11-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The only problem with illegal immigration has been created by Barry's lack of enforcing current laws. This administration stopped Arizona from enforcing the laws that work.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
BOTH PARTIES ARE THE SAME!!

but I still vote republican

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mugger

The only problem with illegal immigration has been created by Barry's lack of enforcing current laws. This administration stopped Arizona from enforcing the laws that work.

No his admin stopped laws that were against the constitution. Also his not enforcing laws in laughable he has deported far more illegals than that last admin did.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

President Obama has deported more un-documented people then any President before him. If you look at history, do you?, Reagan issued a blanket amnesty for the un-documented during his term as President.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

President Obama has deported more un-documented people then any President before him.

Does anybody know how many?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Someone is rooted firmly in the fallacy of two party politics.

Wake me up when you catch up to the rest of us.

Do you follow politics at all?

Have you checked the voting records for the two parties to see what their values are? It doesn't sound like you have because there is a clear and unmistakable difference in the two major parties. The GOP stands for the rights and interests of the one percent and major corporations. The democrats are opposed to more rights for this group and try to fight for the everyday worker, women and minorities. They are both corrupt and corruptible but they support very different things and have very different philosophies and world views.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yours is a really great post. Haters are gonna hate because that is what they do. A lot of people are pretty much blind to the truth because they don't want to see it. They have a mentality of scarcity. Or they are very wealthy and do not want to give back to the society that made them that way. Greed is a viable platform these days. The Republican Party used to be the party of the people and the Democrats supported slavery. Lincoln was a Republican. Over the years the positions of the 2 parties somehow switched. Any party that fights against raising the minimum wage, fights affordable healthcare for families, tries to disenfranchise voters, and votes against women's rights 100% of the time pretty much sucks the big one in my opinion. Just look at their record on the environment. They are anti-science ignoramuses, priding themselves on their right to remain uneducated and backward. They are pro war though because they are in the weapons industry big time and hand in hand with big oil because the biggest user of oil is the military.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

President Obama has deported more un-documented people then any President before him. If you look at history, do you?, Reagan issued a blanket amnesty for the un-documented during his term as President.

Don't go spoiling peoples illusions with the truth now.
They can't handle it.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Loveaduck

'

Yes, that is why I am a Libertarian.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck

originally posted by: Metallicus
Someone is rooted firmly in the fallacy of two party politics.

Wake me up when you catch up to the rest of us.

Have you checked the voting records for the two parties to see what their values are? It doesn't sound like you have because there is a clear and unmistakable difference in the two major parties. The GOP stands for the rights and interests of the one percent and major corporations. The democrats are opposed to more rights for this group and try to fight for the everyday worker, women and minorities. They are both corrupt and corruptible but they support very different things and have very different philosophies and world views.

The clarity of your words are unique. Thanks for that.

By now we know clarity is useless with the ignorant and a brainwashed person whose mind and critical thinking have been Manchurian candidated…

All one can do is try to get people who still can think the facts and the truth.

The canard “BOTH PARTIES ARE EVIL”

is the greatest tool of the GOP and their masters to keep the sheep asleep to, not advanced metaphysics, but basic fundamental 101 ethics and morality.

They are covering up truth with falsehood

What that does is keep the sheep concentrating on falsehood so much that they can no longer even recognize truth

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

President Obama has deported more un-documented people then any President before him.

That's a matter of some contention, due to trends that predate Obama (and even Bush), changes in classification, and imprecise language (such as the word "deported"). I hope the following links represent a variety of viewpoints:

www.washingtonpost.com...
cis.org...
www.motherjones.com...
www.vox.com...

If you look at history, do you?, Reagan issued a blanket amnesty for the un-documented during his term as President.

Reagan's amnesty was an Act of Congress, passed by both houses, which he signed into law. It was not a blanket amnesty. It was limited in scope. I believe the only executive expansion was that, if some members of a family qualified for the statutory amnesty but others did not, they wouldn't go after those who did not. The intent of Congress was to put an end to illegal immigration, and they saw amnesty for a limited number of illegals as an acceptable grandfather clause before implementing the newer, tougher system. I don't think you can draw an analogy between it and Obama's executive action.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrdPresident Obama has deported more un-documented people then any President before him. If you look at history, do you?, Reagan issued a blanket amnesty for the un-documented during his term as President.

First of all, I guess you like to twist history or pick & choose which parts satisfy your liberal needs because both of your statements are inaccurate.

Reagan did not issue blanket amnesty like Obama just did.
Link

Just like the real unemployment numbers, the Obama administration is also being disingenuous with the deportation numbers.
Link

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
No his admin stopped laws that were against the constitution.

Really? Which one's?

Also his not enforcing laws in laughable he has deported far more illegals than that last admin did.

Wrong or just plain disingenuous. The Obama administration likes to twist and play with number and put different labels on words to make gullible people believe he is doing some good.
Link

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So a serious question here.

I lean left but am not a democrat...big believer in low/no taxes...environment...equal rights for all...smaller federal government etc.

My perception of course is clouded or filtered through my lens...my beliefs...I get that. But, what does it seem that the republicans always seem to be so negative, so anti whatever, so repeal, get rid of this, ban this...always in the pocket of big oil...(Pipeline) etc. I understand that democrats are like that too, but publicly not nearly as much. Why is the public persona of republicans so negative/obstructionist/anti everything?

Military leaders like Patton, Rommel, Ghengis Khan, Napoleon, Alexander the great....great leaders like George Washington, Theodore Rosevelt...great business creators...like Bill Gates....Henry Ford....The outward and inward focus was always on the positive, the what can I do to get over this obstacle, around this hurtle, to make this happen.

Republicans aren't like that...it's always the negative that is the focus.

I've been an elected official, Business owner, manager of restaruants, military, martial arts and family leader and I can tell you that there is no place for negativity in real life...in getting things done in real life.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Really? Your post sounds like you've got some paranoid issues. Man, I'd hate to be you! Living my life in fear of those "evil *GOP*" bastards... Sheesh!

Go outside, breathe some air and realize life is more about which party you adhere to.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The Democrats had the house and senate BOTH for 2 years and didn't do squat for minimum wage! Why is it that they only bring it up when it is time for them to prostitute votes?

Probably the same reason when Republicans had control for 6 years under Bush and did nothing on illegal immigration

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join