It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher #336, Rand Paul on felons and the criminalization of America, AWESOME!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ok, not a big Maher fan but i do enjoy his show as much i disagree with his point of view i like listening to his guest. Now im also a fan of Rand Paul. Looks like i need to vote. Yeah i think i am going to participate.

This one hits close to home because I AM a felon and i go for months and months looking for work and let me tell you its not a joke.

Itunes, episode 336

The part im talking about is the first ten minutes of the video from 4-10 minutes. Rand Paul begins the show with a pretty loud statement. He goes on to say that he wants to increase voting rights for felons, 2 million people who cant vote, how you have to mark off a box on every application for employeement and it has ruined his friends life, next he goes into a story about someone serving 3 years in prison for a crime he didnt commit with no trial at rikers island.

Says we have a lot of problems with the criminal justice system which stems from the war on drugs which i agree with completely. The war on drugs is one of the biggest problems we have. Bill then goes on to mention that prison is an industry.

Rand goes on to say that non violent crimes should be reduced and that everyone makes mistake and everyone deserves a second chance.

edit on 11/21/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/21/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It's number 2, episode 336.

Good stuff.
edit on 21-11-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I have to agre with him.

Once you serve your sentence your punishment should be over.

Of course thefe are common sense things like keeping sex offenders on record or reoffending theives and fraudsters working in banks ect

But on the whole once you finnish your time that should be it.

Keeping criminal records to be dredged up and to allow discrimination just increases re offending.

If i got out of jail and my only future was flippin burgers for min wage for the rest of my life I tnink Id go on to re offend,

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Here is the video.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

It's number 2, episode 336.

Good stuff.

Fixed thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have to admit out of all republicans Rand Paul is the best I have seen in years. I don't agree with everything he speaks about but the drug war and justice reform is something I can get behind. If Paul is the future of the republican party that is a brand that they could market to Americans from coast to coast.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

So far he is the only one from that party I would consider voting for. There are things I do not agree with him on and I dislike how he dodged some questions(That must be taught in politics school they all do it) but overall he strikes me as grounded. Which is something that party has lacked for a very long time. Then again maybe more of them are more grounded than I thought but it is hard to tell because the nut jobs are usually the most vocal.

If his party pushes him out of the way and does what they did to his father then I am afraid that they will never recover again. We will find out over the next few years which will be the case.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If a felon has to pay taxes, why shouldnt he have the right to vote?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ron Paul is great. Rand Paul is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He's a compete corporatist like most politicians. He's all for the TPP/TTIP.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I dont know enough about the TPP or TTP to make a judgement call on that one.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

He's redeemed himself for me a little bit. I still can't get past him turning his back on his dad during the election, though.

I'll definitely be rooting for him to win the primaries and it may be the first time I vote for a republican if the democrats don't get anybody decent in (or if a third-party miraculously gets some hope).

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Their a lot alike i bet they disagree on many things. They both seem to have a bold headedness about them.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Let the whining begin." There are a few things I don't agree with about Rand Paul "
Show me ANYONE who agrees 100% with anybody, especially a politician.
If the Republican Party dismisses him as they did his father then my two cents is
game over ! Don't waste your time voting yet again for the lesser of two evils.
America for decades have allegedly voted in dirt bags. Are we really that stupid or perhaps voting is a sick joke which allows us the illusion of participating in a free election ? I'm independent but unfortunately must declare if I want to vote in the primary. Paul has my vote and my money. And no I do not agree with EVERYTHING he supports but SO WHAT ! Rant off.

top topics

join