It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's own X37-B?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I came across this article today and I wasn't sure what to make of it. The headline reads:

Is Russian Mystery Object a Space Weapon?

The article is interesting, and the object was launched in conjunction with a few other items and was unannounced:

The orbital maneuvers of a mysterious object Russia launched earlier this year have raised concerns that the satellite may be a space weapon of some sort.

The speculation centers on "Object 2014-28E," which Russia lofted along with three military communications satellites in May. Russian officials did not declare the object as part of the launch, and it was originally thought to be space junk. But satellite trackers have watched it perform a number of interesting maneuvers over the past few weeks, the Financial Times reported Monday (Nov. 17).

Yahoo! News

Could Russia have something similar to our own X37-B up in orbit? Perhaps they are doing a similar mission of their own? Whatever this thing is, it's making "interesting maneuvers". It also apparently "met up" with an old rocket booster stage as well.

Are we starting to see the militarization of space, right at the time private space companies are set to start up operations? Could objects like this be used as an excuse to spark a new space weapon race?

Interesting times we live in!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
interesting theory, wasn't there some medium who said the world would end with something that looked like a small space shuttle?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I watched this RT clip from the other day .The person in this says it has something to do with tracking space debris .
a reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I've stated it in a different OP but, it's time for the next Cold War. This time, it will take place in space/ it's theme will be space.

I hope it does happen. Cold wars seem to be the only way for human tech to advance rapidly. I really love space so let's hope that by the end of this cold war (if it happens), they made engines capable of taking us to the moon within hours.
edit on 21-11-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

That's certainly a possibility. The interesting thing to me is that this object is moving around and making contact with items in orbit.

Do we happen to know if the X37-B is doing that (ie; meeting up with objects)?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
this is well worth watching but isn't there already another thread on it?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Aside from them telling us what they are actually doing I cant see how we would find out .Even if both sides are at a point where they both know what the other is doing we will be left out of that knowledge . I would think having the ability to nullify your opponents advantage would be a prime objective . We have no way of knowing what they are putting up there but there is no lack of speculations . a reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Maybe it's a space drone.

We have drones down here, why not out there?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just a thought, if the discarded boosters that are being visited, are more that just trash? Think about it, what if they are old weapons platforms? Nuc's in space! Even MIRV's require maintenance.
The Russian vehicle could be there to replenish the on board tritium that's required for warhead to fire with the proper yield. Tritium has a half life of 12.3 years and requires attention every 5 years or so, or you get a warhead fizzle. In my opinion, similar to the problems that North Korea has had with their program.
I can't prove any of this, but maybe one of you guys can. ATS what say you?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Perhaps a hunter/seeker active and passive anti-sat platform? I would imagine they wouldn't want to cause any extra debris in orbit, so some kind of EMP or coating to the solar panels would be an effective way to disable the sats without causing headaches.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Perhaps it's an experiment to scavenge fuel from old rocket boosters, or an experiment on creating mini-bots to shove debris into a low-earth orbit where things burn up? Perhaps that would explain all those fireballs.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Mini bots?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
For some reason I have the following lyrics going through my head when I think of this Russian satellite and the X37-B:

"Met George Jetson!"

I'm kind of hoping it IS ol' George and not some satellite killer.
edit on 11/21/2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: stormcell

Mini bots?

www.redorbit.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Should it not be doubtful that they have a lifter that could carry three commo satellites and a space plane?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
From what I've seen a Space plane is bigger even the X-37B than a Satellite. A Satellite even with weapons dose not have to return to any base.
like the X-37B and is not reusable.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Just a thought, if the discarded boosters that are being visited, are more that just trash? Think about it, what if they are old weapons platforms? Nuc's in space! Even MIRV's require maintenance.
The Russian vehicle could be there to replenish the on board tritium that's required for warhead to fire with the proper yield. Tritium has a half life of 12.3 years and requires attention every 5 years or so, or you get a warhead fizzle. In my opinion, similar to the problems that North Korea has had with their program.
I can't prove any of this, but maybe one of you guys can. ATS what say you?
it's not as easy as filling some tank with tritium. the tritium has to be evenly diffused throughout the fissile material. i don't think it's something you can do on the fly. also i doubt the Russians have nukes in space.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
More likely the Russians want to say we a new secret space capability like u America only more covert

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
HAHA is this going to be like when Ronald Reagen was saying those crafty ole Ruskies were building lazor death weapons aimed at american children and the CIA were like no Ronald and he's like by golly those Ruskies will stop at nothing to harvest our childrens organs we gotta spend a qaudrillion dollars on this imaginary threat so help me why I oughta!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Whoever puts satellites with particle beam weapons into orbit first (property controlled by complex sensors and computers) can control the world. ANY GUIDED MISSILE OR AIRCRAFT CAN THEN BE ZAPPED OUT OF EXISTENCE IN A FRACTION OF A SECOND AFTER LAUNCH.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join