It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Louis County prosecutor organizing news conference to announce decision on Ferguson shooting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It could be that they will only announce something, not he verdict as everyone hopes.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The "good" citizens of ferguson MO. don`t have to agree with the laws or even like them but they damn sure have to abide by them or face serious consequences.Due process and juries are the law of the land not lynch mobs and terrorism.

That assumes the system is operating justly. A quick look around the US over the last decade tends to contradict it.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
I am starting to really enjoy the Anon/KKK subplot...

That both groups are involved concerns me. This makes violent confrontations more likely. The excessive delay in announcing the verdict bothers me. Why is it taking them so long?

Perhaps it's like a regular jury trial. Generally the longer it takes for a jury to reach a verdict, the more likely that person will be declared not guilty. There have been so many contradicting reports about who is at fault (Wilson vs Brown) that I could scream.

Barriers are being put up in front of gov't buildings in Ferguson and many private businesses are boarded up. Imo it's likely that a verdict will be reached before Thanksgiving. I doubt that the grand jury would want this hanging over their heads during the long holiday weekend.

CX

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me if a decision has already been made, hence the deployment of barriers and other measures.

Wouldn't need them if the cop has to go to trial, as the protesters would be happy.

I reckon they already know and are just getting everything ready for the announcement.

CX.

a reply to: dianajune

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged!

Personally I hope the Grand Jury stalls like all get out and if pushed for any answer that they say "Until all you lot diffuse the situation, we are not going to come to any decision that results in Ferguson burning based on what we decide! We deny you that luxury!
".

Because it would be interesting to see which side cracks under that kinda pressure 1st.

But it is said that justice delayed is justice denied and I wonder how true that really is in this specific case?, as more than the defendants life is at risk here!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

I agree. I believe that a decision was probably made, but I'm not 100% certain. If not, it's likely to come out prior to Thanksgiving.

It would make sense for this to have been decided by now because that would make the following possible:

1. It would give authorities more time to sort out what has to be done should Wilson resign.
2. It would give authorities more time to spirit away the jurors before anyone finds out who they are and where they are from. Given how secretive this process is, it could be very difficult to get this information. Anyone who is bent on violence and determined may just do that, which scares me.
3. It would give authorities in the area a chance to secure public venues inc. schools, courthouses, etc. Heck, they have barriers up already.

And if all that weren't enough, check out this report from Infowars on private military contractors having been spotted while securing the courthouse near Ferguson:

Infowars report

This is going to be ugly no matter how this turns out.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I was watching the Alex Jones feeds on Ustream (Joe and Jakari) and it was getting rather ugly in Ferguson. The cops were out in full force and the protestors seem to be getting more and more angry.

Before they signed off a few minutes ago, Biggs said he just got a call from Rob Dew of Infowars stating that sources told him a verdict could be in at noon tomorrow.

I hope they're right. I don't know about any of you, but this has been dragged on long enough and it's time to put this case to rest. I hope the aftermath won't be as bad as some say it could be.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
That assumes the system is operating justly. A quick look around the US over the last decade tends to contradict it.

Like our banking system the system is working just fine for the elite.

Police are little more than tax enforcement officers and the tax is used to pay interest on loans that came from bankers making money out of thin air.

We work 40 hours a week just to scrape a living as a debt slave but many black people can see past the game of trying to impress Mr Jones next door and in places like Ferguson they have stopped playing the game that is controlled by the elite and this is where the come into conflict with us debt slaves.

Master please don't beat me with your police batten, please don't set them dogs on I, please mater no more onion spray in my eyes, don't jail or shoot me officer sir because a dumb arse like me not know why de is protesting about the killing of another man.

CX

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Just heard on Twitter that the 12 year old who was shot by police in Cleveland has just died. 12 years old.

Hopefully we won't get Ferguson scenarios popping up everywhere, but I can see how things can change so quickly.

CX.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CX

I was sorry to hear about the child's passing. Here's a link to a report on this:

Source

I think it's possible that "Ferguson scenarios" could pop up all over the country but that remains to be seen. What happens in Ferguson could give us a picture of what we can expect in major cities around the country. I live in a rural area not far Syracuse. I doubt we will have any trouble but I could be wrong.

Syracuse, btw, has declined over the years since I lived there as a child. It is capable of having its own "Ferguson," so to speak.

The protestors I watched online last night seemed very angry. It's like a pot that's been simmering for a long time and is about to boil over. I've got a bad feeling that the verdict has already been reached and that it will be announced tomorrow.

When Rob Dew told SSGT Biggs that it would be tomorrow, it was already in the wee hours of Sunday morning, so I assume that he meant Monday?

edit on 23-11-2014 by dianajune because: typo

edit on 23-11-2014 by dianajune because: yet another typo

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune I am wondering if they are going to hold off on making a decision until after Thanksgiving. I am sure no one wants to have Thanksgiving riots going on.

CX

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've been following the Ferguson Scanner Updates Facebook page, and it would appear that the grand jury has made a decision. Not sure what that is yet though.

CNN, Washington Post And USA Today are all reporting it.

Sad to see so many comments on FB about being locked and loaded, I fear this is only going to bend one way no matter what the decision. It will only take one person to fire a round to kick the whole thing off.....and there's enough people want that to happen.

CX.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join