It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner Vows to fight Obamas immigration Reform.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Yea... I think we should just disband the Democratic Party and just let the Republicans run things forever. They seem to feel they know what they're doing. And I mean, how much worse could it be? I mean holy crap, look how much worse the economy is under the Democrats. Better to let the Republicans handle things, that way we do away with all the back-and-forth fighting, gridlock, blocking, etc.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Well just maybe it would be nice to see more independent opinions expressed on the Hill instead of the same two idiot party lines.....

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

They'll fight him at every corner but Obama had to do this. One of the points he ran his political campaignh for president on is immigration. If he did nothing then there would be complaints about his inaction, if he does something then there are coplaints on what he's done. It's a lose-lose situation but there were more positives with him doing what he has done on immigration.

Except .....

The 22 Times Obama Argued Against Executive Amnesty

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: john452

originally posted by: lostbook

They'll fight him at every corner but Obama had to do this. One of the points he ran his political campaignh for president on is immigration. If he did nothing then there would be complaints about his inaction, if he does something then there are coplaints on what he's done. It's a lose-lose situation but there were more positives with him doing what he has done on immigration.

Then why did he wait until there are no more elections to take action? He has been President for 6 years and only acts now after voters can no longer pass verdict on his policies at the polls.

That's probably where politics come into play but I can't say with sincerity. I don't want to speculate on why he took so long to do it. I don't know...........

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A lame duck can only quack so loud...........

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Except .....

So what? So what if he said it a thousand times? If they truly believe he is acting in an unconstitutional manner, isn't it their responsibility to stop him, as per the Constitution? How can you stand behind them if they don't?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's not 'immigration reform'. What he did was rule by executive order and it was a run around the balance of powers that are in place. He has, yet again, crippled this country. He took a vow to protect and defend America. He is doing the exact opposite. Mexico has a very strict immigration policy. If the shoe was on the other foot, they wouldn't allow the illegals to enter their country. We should adopt their immigration policy. (it's basically ... don't even think about coming here unless you are a very well educated and needed individual).

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
One thing I know is that if the Republicans fight Obama on this they've all but guaranteed the next Presidential election to the Dems because they'll lose even more of the Latino vote.

It depends on a few things. IF they make it a requirement to show citizenship when voting no it wont really influence the election. Only legal citizens can vote so its not un constitutional to make them do so.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Except .....

So what? So what if he said it a thousand times? If they truly believe he is acting in an unconstitutional manner, isn't it their responsibility to stop him, as per the Constitution? How can you stand behind them if they don't?

Stand behind who?

What "responsibility"?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Except .....

Stand behind who?

What "responsibility"?

Congress. Did you forget that this thread is about Congress?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

No it's not. It's about Obama. Every thread is about Obama or haven't you noticed?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: AgentShillington

No it's not. It's about Obama. Every thread is about Obama or haven't you noticed?

Obama might not be the cause of everything that's wrong with America, but that doesn't mean he isn't the cause of everything that's wrong with America.
edit on 21-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Obama isn't thinking.

It's obvious that anything that he does is done in reverse by Republicans.

He should just declare Illegal Immigration more enforceable.

the republicans will then try to thwart obama and give illegals amnesty.

sigh.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Obama isn't thinking.

It's obvious that anything that he does is done in reverse by Republicans.

He should just declare Illegal Immigration more enforceable.

the republicans will then try to thwart obama and give illegals amnesty.

sigh.

HA-ha! Great answer!!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

On point number 1;
I am hearing the Senate Ways and Means Committe Chairman is saying he will not fund this EO. I thought the Republicans were all about sending more agents to strengthen our presents at the border. If they do not supply funding are they not being a little hypocritical?

This morning, I ask a guy here about what he thought; sense he is in the process of becoming a citizen himself. He told me it sounds just like what he was told to do several years ago when he turned homself in to ICE. He had to pay a fine, pass a background check, and get certain paper work in order before he could apply for citizenship. He has done all this and is awaiting his time to give his Oath.
From what I gather,Mr. Obama "offered a deal" as opposed to setting up some new program or even changing the law.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Moral compass? We don't even take proper care of our own veterans, elderly, or homeless here in America, and you're bringing up a moral compass?

If I were president, I'd honor my oath to faithfully execute the laws of our nation. In doing so, I could sleep soundly at night. If I thought something needed changed, I would hope it would be done the right way...and quite honestly, I'd fight for a constitutional amendment that prohibited Executive Orders.

And keep in mind, I (as president) would not be sending back people to a life of s#it because I have no moral compass, I'd be holding their parent(s) accountable for knowingly breaking the law (actually, the laws and procedures would be, I'd just be ensuring faithful execution of the laws). If the parents take their children with them, that's their decision--personally, I would, because I couldn't part with my children--but the fact is that they (the parents) put themselves in the situation that they face, not the president, not immigration laws, not the lack of security at the border.
edit on 21-11-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Cheap immigrant labour for business and agriculture has always been a part of Republican thinking,I dont think the fight will be all that hard by them.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Cheap immigrant labour for business and agriculture has always been a part of Republican thinking,I dont think the fight will be all that hard by them.

Youre forgetting the 20 years the democrats were in power before the repulicans won the white house again. They were here then as well. Its not all republicans.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have a simple suggestion for Boehner and McConnell, they should lead. They have total control of congress starting in January. Rather then trying to figure out how to "get" Obama, they should craft legislation and pass it that displays conservative ideas. If they do not like the actions Obama did on immigration they should pass their own, this is called leadership. Real simple Boehner and McConnell can show us all what leadership looks like.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

exactly.

me and my father were joking about this.

obama should order the border be mined and covered by a barbed wire fence, and have national guard troops patrol it constantly.

the republicans would be up in arms against the whole thing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join