It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ebola cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
well, sorry to dissapoing anybody who look in here, there haven't been reports of a cure for ebola coming out yet, this is just my own home cooked and admittedly amateur idea about a possible treatment. I just wanted to present it to those of you more knowledgable about such things then I.

a review of the virus first :
Ebola is quite possibly one of the most deadly diseases known. I have heard that higher then 80 percent of people that get it die. Which means that those who fight it off also had ancestors in the middle ages who fought off the black plague. The good thing is that it's not a very hardy virus, outside a body in most environmental conditions it dies nearly instantly. The only condition it can exist in for very long is very hot and humid, and even then it's only a matter of minutes really.

my idea now :
I have heard and seen many documentaries and other such things on a procedure they use in some extreme surgeries in which they knock a person out, drain their body of blood, pump in a sort of anti-freeze, then lower the body temperature massively, i think down to the 50's. obviously this can only be done for a short time before brain damage will start to happen and soon after, true death. I know this alone wouldn't kill enough of the virus to cause much effect, but, what if in the days leading up to the procedure, you gave the person massive doses of anti-viral medications, and then the same afterward, and finish it off with radiation therapy.

I am aware that this procedure would be extremely hard on the person's body, which is why i wouldn't say it should be done with something like the flu, Ebola is hard on the body as well though and i would think that in a case like that trying this would be better then nothing at all.

edit : i just realized i might have actually posted this in the wrong forum
if so would a mod please move it somewhere more appropriate and let me know where that is.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by KKing123]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Compounds found in a plant used by West African
faith healers stopped the spread of the deadly Ebola virus in lab
tests and may be effective against the flu, a scientist told a botany
conference Tuesday.

The Garcinia kola plant, whose seeds are often included in welcoming
food baskets in Africa where it grows wild, contains compounds with
two flavonoid molecules fused together that scientists believe halted
the spread of Ebola in tests.

forests.org...

``This is a very exciting discovery.Indeed'...nice one KKING..

new topics

join