It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Introduction...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Afternoon ATS,

New-ish member here. I have been lurking for a while and thought I ought to get around to introducing myself.

I am 30 something and teach Special Needs children. I have been with my partner for 12 years although we had a civil partnership a couple of years ago. We have a number of rescue cats and we both enjoy gaming, at the moment I am playing WoW after the latest expansion release.

I studied History at University and this is perhaps where my interest in the Mysterious Subjects Forum topics stems from. I started off with a particular interest in Lost and Ancient Civilisations and Cryptozoology however since lurking around ATS, I have become drawn to the Conspiracy Theory Forum and have gradually branched out into a cross section of forum posts. I have never had a paranormal experience or anything that I couldn't explain but I am open minded. I have developed a particular interest in time slips/loops and time travel and love movies with a time travel theme - this doesn't mean to say I buy any of it but it's a fascinating topic.

I don't use Facebook (my mother says that FB is the work of the devil and signifies the fall of civilisation - I digress.) but I do make use of Twitter and this has made me question the MSM. ATS of course has become my main stop for news and discussion.

I look forward to posting more, not necessarily starting threads. I am amazed at the quality of some of the research that goes into creating an interesting and thought provoking thread and give kudos to those super thread starters.

I would also like to thank the moderators in the intro forum who have given me plenty to read and think about regards posts - I didn't want to get anything wrong and obviously still have a lot to learn. More than anything, I have a great respect for the idea that people can discuss opposing ideas/views without behaving like school children.

Scally

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Nice intro. Hello and welcome to ya.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

. More than anything, I have a great respect for the idea that people can discuss opposing ideas/views without behaving like school children.

Yeah [ eye roll ] good luck with that. You'll run in to folks who think their way is the only way and will defend it like a 5 year old protecting his candy. Name calling and tantrums included.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scallywwagg

I would also like to thank the moderators in the intro forum who have given me plenty to read and think about regards posts - I didn't want to get anything wrong and obviously still have a lot to learn. More than anything, I have a great respect for the idea that people can discuss opposing ideas/views without behaving like school children.

Of which, if your run afoul of, please use the ALERT button on that person's posts, or the Complain button at the top of the forum menu so that the staff here at ATS sees it right away, and we can take a look at it.

Other than that: Welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

Hi Scallywwagg, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I don't know I'm just guessing from your user name but .....

Sorry don't get to use it often

Welcome to ATS Scallywwagg , always good to have another Brit on board.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

welcome aboard the Mothership ATS, scallywwagg!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Welcome Scallywwagg
love the name

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome. It is very much appreciated.

top topics

join