It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified- Roswell Files

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenixNow the question is what was it....

Aliens, a foriegn spy plane, a nuclear powered experimental plane, a spy rocket, a recovered german anti G craft... I can not say without a doubt which one it was. I do know that it was not a balloon, from Mogal.

If it was a foriegn spy plane, or a nuclear powered experimental plane, or a spy rocket, or a recovered german anti G craft or anything else of the sort then why wouldnt it have been admitted to the public by now? I dont see any reason why after 67 years now and the cold war has long been over they still would need to keep it secret.

Judging from all the evidence we have it certainly didnt seem to be a weather balloon as claimed by the government so let's rule that out for the time being. And the skeptics may say, "what evidence?" Well, look at it this way...If it was a secret government project like Mogul, dont you think they would have been monitoring the balloon and have been aware of it when it went down? Brazel found the wreck on his pasture on July 5th...3 days after eye witnesses reported seeing UFO in the area along with the thunderous sounds on July 2nd!! Wouldnt you think that the military would have been the first one's there to recover the wreckage if it was their craft that went down? And believe me that area is not hard to see, flat open land for miles and miles in all directions; very viewable from planes passing over the area. It just makes perfect, logical sense. Not until Brazel found the wreckage, contacted Marcel, then Marcel contacted the military did the military arrive at the crash site with the convoys and guards. And at that point i can understand the need for secrecy and excessive security at the time while recovering the wreckage if it was indeed a secret government project like a top secret plane but why now after all this time still say it was just a weather balloon with so much evidence saying it couldnt have been?

More evidence to consider...

When Brazel returned to the crash site with Marcel, Marcel took some of the wreckage back with him to show his family. His family as well as him all agreed what he brought back to show looked like nothing manufactured on Earth. Marcel was the head of the intelligence agency in Roswell, i think he would be able to tell the difference between tin foil and bossil wood from exotic metals from an alien space craft.
Not to mention the fact that it was officially announced by Marcel that they had recovered a "flying saucer", then the next day he was ordered to change the story to a weather balloon, then 30 years later he when he was no longer at risk of losing his job or being discredited he was back to testifying in interviews that it was a flying saucer. What else does it take to convince people that he knew what he found wasnt of this world and after first announcing that, was ordered to change his story? Ok, i know i'm preaching to you guys that probably all agree with this so i'll stop here. It's just that this truly is the "holy grail" of the UFO phenomena and every time it comes up i feel compelled to repeat the evidence.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War
If it was a foriegn spy plane, or a nuclear powered experimental plane, or a spy rocket, or a recovered german anti G craft or anything else of the sort then why wouldnt it have been admitted to the public by now? I dont see any reason why after 67 years now and the cold war has long been over they still would need to keep it secret.

Yes! Thank you Meteor of War! That's exactly what I've been wondering all this time. There is no reason for the government to keep Project Mogul a secret after the cold war and after they've been forced to make it public. The public didn't force the government to reveal the F-117 Stealth Fighter. Did they? I am convinced an alien space craft crashed in Roswell. Forget a weather balloon or spy plane.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Just like showing this, hehe...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Or how about when Stanton Friedman requested the Roswell documents through the FOIA but they first sent a report to a judge explaining why they couldnt release the documents and that it would be a threat to national security. When Friedman finally did get the report after the judge, at least half the damn thing was blackened out. Just try to give one good reason for the blackened out text other than because the report revealed the existance of a crashed alien craft and EBE's at Roswell in '47.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Or how about when Stanton Friedman requested the Roswell documents through the FOIA but they first sent a report to a judge explaining why they couldnt release the documents and that it would be a threat to national security. When Friedman finally did get the report after the judge, at least half the damn thing was blackened out. Just try to give one good reason for the blackened out text other than because the report revealed the existance of a crashed alien craft and EBE's at Roswell in '47.

I can't. That's just the point. What really ticks me off is when the government blacks out everything for reasons of "national security." I am so sick and tired of hearing that excuse. Give me one good reason why the government uses "national security" for something that happend 50 years ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
mrmulder, i actually think i can answer that...quite simply as a matter of fact. The government still after all this time feels the nation (and possibly the world) would go into mass panic and hysteria at the offical announcement of the existance of extraterrestrials. It would literally change everything, from our science and philosophy and way of thinking to the world's religious communities. And if new substitutes for our fossil fuels and propulsion systems were gained from it, our whole economic system would colapse. An official announcement/disclosure truly would be a big deal and would have to be handled very carefully.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
As well as religion. If ET's were found to be true, this could lend credence to the theory that Earth was seeded by aliens. Remove religion and you lose that form of control by the government.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
As well as religion. If ET's were found to be true, this could lend credence to the theory that Earth was seeded by aliens. Remove religion and you lose that form of control by the government.

I think you scored 100/100 intrepid by saying that

That is an ultimate power to control the information

speling again..

[edit on 15-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

mrmulder, i actually think i can answer that...quite simply as a matter of fact. The government still after all this time feels the nation (and possibly the world) would go into mass panic and hysteria at the offical announcement of the existance of extraterrestrials. It would literally change everything, from our science and philosophy and way of thinking to the world's religious communities. And if new substitutes for our fossil fuels and propulsion systems were gained from it, our whole economic system would colapse. An official announcement/disclosure truly would be a big deal and would have to be handled very carefully.

Yes I do agree with you on both point there. First, there probably would be panic. However, so many people now believe in aliens and UFO's that they may accept that we have had contact with other world life forms but only if the those life forms were here for peaceful purposes. Second, an official disclosure would greatly help and it would have to be handled carefully. That's why I believe Dr. Greer and The Disclosure Project and many other Ufologist who want to expose this conspiracy. But does the government use "national security" because they are afraid of panic?

[edit on 15-12-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You forget one thing though, if the US goverment through operation paperclip obtained information or in fact working prototypes of a nuclear powered "aircraft" that malfuntioned and crashed into the desert resulting in the death of the pilots and ouy of some shear luck that the nuclear powerplant did not crack open and release a radioactive cloud over the surrounding area.

It is documented that the Germans had been toying with the idea of using nuclear propulsion and it was not soon after the incident at Roswel that what would become NASA created a nuclear powered bomber, but it was considered to large and to heavy to operate and the risk to the enviroment were considered too huge if the aircraft crashed. Which back then in the 40's and 50's I would say that they had some reliability issues in military aircraft at the time because A. the push rod design and B. the Newness of jet engines. The fear that a nuclear powered aircraft crashing at say a commercial airport rendering (possibly) the entire airport in-operational for some 100 years or so seemed like a big risk to take.

I think there is a chance that it was actually a ufo that crashed there in Roswel but I think its only 5% compared to a covert goverment project that was a carry over from some other German prototype 80% or a Russian spy aircraft that crashed on American soil 15% which the implications would have been devastating to the growing American power in the European community as we were looked upon as the mighty super power in the world. If it was possible for the Russians to invade our airspace with a single (???) aircraft then maybe the US is not as powerful as they thought, and we might have a different Europe today as more countries may have joined the western bloc and the soviet empire.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

think there is a chance that it was actually a ufo that crashed there in Roswel but I think its only 5% compared to a covert goverment project that was a carry over from some other German prototype 80% or a Russian spy aircraft that crashed on American soil 15% which the implications would have been devastating to the growing American power in the European community as we were looked upon as the mighty super power in the world. If it was possible for the Russians to invade our airspace with a single (???) aircraft then maybe the US is not as powerful as they thought, and we might have a different Europe today as more countries may have joined the western bloc and the soviet empire.

And the reason for this being classified for over 50 years would be....???

Yep, that's what I thought. If the above is true, then why didn't Gary Powers getting shot down, become the Russian "Roswell"?

I don't think the government is keeping it quiet because they think we'll panic. I think there are many valid reasons for keeping it quiet back in '47. I wonder how many of them remain valid though...???

Personally, I think eventually they made some kind of deal that they aren't very proud of, and that would sink them if it ever came to light.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Another thing to remeber about Mogul.....

The ballons themselves were not classified. Nothing about them were classified. They were basically made of the same # any standard weather baloon. Only its purpose was classified, and Mogul became obsolete when the U2 flights were conducted. Hardly anything that was any real secret, and certainly not 50 years worth of secrets.

Also, Mogul could have in no way been responsible for the amount of wreckage reported by both Brazel and Marcel.

www.cufos.org...

Here an Engineer blows the hell out of the Mogul hypthesis.

I wonder what BS the airforce will try selling next?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I don't think the government is keeping it quiet because they think we'll panic. I think there are many valid reasons for keeping it quiet back in '47. I wonder how many of them remain valid though...???

Personally, I think eventually they made some kind of deal that they aren't very proud of, and that would sink them if it ever came to light.

Excellent points.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I wonder what BS the airforce will try selling next?

No sh1t right??

First it was the flying saucer report, then it was a weather balloon, now it's a weather balloon with crash dummies. One good thing though is they seem to be leaning more towards the truth, even if it is in tiny steps. With the crash dummies at least they acknowledged the eye witness accounts of bodies at the site...even if it did take several decades. I think they'll eventually spill the beans, might take a while though. Heck, in the 90's they finally admitted the existance of Dreamland at Groom Lake. Of course it took a few deaths and a lawsuit to do it, but it did happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

I can't. That's just the point. What really ticks me off is when the government blacks out everything for reasons of "national security." I am so sick and tired of hearing that excuse. Give me one good reason why the government uses "national security" for something that happend 50 years ago.

How would repression of certain vital and highly advanced technology benefit certain industries?
If the world knew beyond doubt that our military defense systems were virtually useless
against this advanced technology what would happen to our governments?

Could society cope with the knowledge that not only are we clearly inferior,
but that our religious beliefs would also come into question?

Apparently " they" still belive we can't handle the truth.

Last night I read through the Majestic PDF's

www.majesticdocuments.com...

I'm not surprised but those documents certainly got my attention.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Keep in mind, that some of those documents there are fake, and that the organization in question is striving to separate the wheat from the chaff... Excellent reads there though, and many look to be quite legit.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
the reason they would still keep it classified for example if it was a Russian Spy aircraft is if the US said, no, there is nothing here, we did not recover your plane, it did not crash here, WE PROMISE.

And the Soviets said okay and just left it at that, having no spy satellite to take pictures to discount what the US had told them. (maybe only a 15% possibilty, but still possible)

And if it was a German prototype project, using some sort of hybrid Nuclear/ or Hydrogen drive system its possible that they have kept it classified based on either Energy Department requests or some other factory like the possibility that this combination of powerplant sources if destroyed in a specific manner could have resulted in a huge hydrogen explosion equally many many Mega Tons... I don't know.

But whatever it is or was, it was important enough to keep it a secret from the entire world for all of this time.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So the secret files from the Roswell incident have been released, and ATS does not have a research group requesting the files themselves and, well, researching it?????

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So the secret files from the Roswell incident have been released, and ATS does not have a research group requesting the files themselves and, well, researching it?????

Did you read the article? There was no "smoking gun" in the desclassified Roswell files...as a matter of fact there was nothing indicating that anything at all even happened early July, '47. Apparently if there's any files on UFO wreckage or alien corpes they've been moved to some other secret document archive. My guess is if the government can have their way, those files will never see the light of day and the FOIA cant say nothing about it.

[edit on 17/12/04 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Did you read the article?

No, i didn't read the whole of the six page article. Besides, the article isn't the declassified files right?

There was no "smoking gun" in the desclassified Roswell files...as a matter of fact there was nothing indicating that anything at all even happened early July, '47.

Well, maybe thats because an aliens spaceship didn't crash and alien bodies weren't recovered.

I'm just saying, ATS has research projects, this is a classic alien conspiracy type thing, why shouldn't ATS, as an organization, request the files under FOIA and distribute them to research team members and make their own conclusions?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The files have been requested by many researchers.

The official response from FOIA was "missing"...not "does not exist". I somehow doubt ATS would get a different answer...

This means that there are numbered official documents surrounding the events of that day, that for some reason or another are simply gone, but did exist at one time.

The blotters (which do not jive with both official transport records, and numerous eyewitnesses) however, magically are somehow there, when all other documents are "missing"...go figure...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join