It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified- Roswell Files

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The site ate my first attempt to post this, I don't think it was a conspiracy...honest.

"Formerly secret files finally reveal the truth about the world's most famous UFO incident."

Not sure if this one was posted, I did a search and couldn't find anything. It covers most of what is known and has some new images, well ones I havn't seen at least. I'm looking forward to replies, would like to know if you think this will anwser questions or cause new ones.

Roswell Declassified

[edit on 10-12-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
nice find but:

what about all this talk about a "metallic like sheet, when crupled, it un-crumples itself..."???

in your link there is a pic of the weather baloon that looks like the crash site, so whats up with all this alien body talk???

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The Roswell story with aliens has been background material in our lives for years. The "smoking gun" for UFO's.

This has not been one of the important interests of my life so I may have it all wrong. If I have, please correct me and excuse me.

That article sounds like it throws cold water on the incident. Or should I say, "What incident"?.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing, still kind of leaves it wide open doesn't it? I am sick to death of seeing those crappy stupid butt weather balloon pictures, I am even more sick of this Roswell Coverup.
I wish the government would just fess up and admit that aliens did crash in Roswell in 1947.

Releasing pages of blacked out docuements to the public, or offering excuses like oh a weather balloon, project mogul (nevermind this didn't start until 1953), blah blah blah, what a crock of. They should have just stuck with their orginal report of a crashed saucer. Sheesh!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The Picture of that vault looks like something from "The X Files", Mulder, Scully, where are you when we need you ?

It all boils down to one thing...government records really are like God in a way...they seem to be eternal in their substance.

REALLLLLLY CREEPY.

Paul

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Its all true, it must be...

Popular Mechanic says so.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
nice find but:

what about all this talk about a "metallic like sheet, when crupled, it un-crumples itself..."???

in your link there is a pic of the weather baloon that looks like the crash site, so whats up with all this alien body talk???

Interesting you should mention that. Very recently, scientists supposedly JUST developed a material that behaves in EXACTLY the same way as that of the material found at the Roswell crash site. Do a search on ATS to find other articles on the topic. They're there; I know cause I started one.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Did anyone see the evidence the scifi channel showed? They showed a picture of 2 men with wreckage of a crashed weather ballon, in one of the men's hands (General Ramey)he had a document that was partly revealed to the camera,they zoomed in on the part the was revealed and it said something like the victims(aliens) of the crash ,and other things that was pretty compelling evidence.
It's the picture on the right

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
does anyone have a link or 2 with some real photos of the roswell crash?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
heh, you're not going to find any 'real' pictures of the crash site in Roswell July '47 anywhere.

Ok, this article infuriates me...well to be more clear popular mechanics doesnt piss me off, the government does. If anyone closes the book on this and dismisses the Roswell incident as being what the government has been claiming all along they should be ashamed of themselves for being so gullible. Do you honestly believe that the freedom of information act could deflate the government's covering up of the greatest discovery and biggest secret in the history of human kind?? Give me a break.

I'm not saying that i believe 100% that an alien space craft from another world crashed in New Mexico in '47 and was recovered by the U.S. government, no single person has that proof to disclose, what i'm saying is if it did indeed happen and they wanted to keep it secret there's nothing and no one that can stop them from doing so. The government controls the laws, and we have been intended to believe this event never happened in the first place. Who's to say they didnt just remove all the important documents from those classified files years ago so they'd never be found and replaced them with documents telling a tale about a downed weather balloon to pull off the greatest cover up of all time? If the government/shadow government/MJ12 still wanted to keep this under raps they wouldnt just say "well, looks like we have to honor the FOIA and disclose all this information and ruin 60 years of working hard to cover this all up".

[edit on 14/12/04 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

Originally posted by they see ALL
nice find but:

Interesting you should mention that. Very recently, scientists supposedly JUST developed a material that behaves in EXACTLY the same way as that of the material found at the Roswell crash site. Do a search on ATS to find other articles on the topic. They're there; I know cause I started one.

What keywords should be searched for this topic exactly im interested in this "material" *bunny fingers*??

[edit on 14-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've read this one before...

Let's break it down.

1. The article states there was no unusual activity that weekend.
FALSE - There are dozens of eyewitnesses to the barricades, etc. of men and equipment. Likewise, there are records of the flights from Roswell to Wright Field. Not to mention, the testimony of the Chief Intelligence Officer of the base (Jesse Marcel)

2. The article states the transfers were due to the newly created Air Force.
TRUE - But what it doesn't go into, is how a MAJOR reorganization of the entire Department of Defense occurred in less than a month! It took longer to create the Department of Homeland Security as a response to 911! There were NO plans for the Air Force breakout or the creation of the CIA before July '47. Why all of a sudden? And why so fast? What major threat made itself evident?

3. The article implies that Friedman has lost faith in Roswell.
FALSE - Friedman had lost faith in that particular witness.

The article still fails to comment on the holes in the Air Force's report. Such as the claim that alien bodies allegedly seen by witnesses were test dummies. Sadly for the Air Force, these supposed dummies were a) not even a part of the Mogul project, and b) part of tests done almost 5 years after the Roswell crash!

Likewise, the testimony of Marcel (one of the two men in the infamous pic of the balloon wreckage) that he was ordered to pose with this false debris, as well as the damning memo in Ramey's (General Ramey, the other man in the photo) hand, is all ignored in the article as well.

Lastly, there is a mountain of documentation that support the events as described by witnesses. With such an encounter, there are likely to be holes and gaps, but amazingly, the timeline and events of that weekend are remarkably similar from witness to witness...

Simply put, this article is crap, and is typical of a standard Popular Mechanics approach of debunking, by only telling you a 100th of the story.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
here is another little tid bit for you.

TRUE- that 3 large shipping crates guarded by Air Force MP's were loaded onto a transport aircraft that left the airbase in Roswel and went to Wright-Pat, on board was a high ranking major. This happend on the night of either the 8th or the 9th.

TRUE- there was a detachment of military personel and aircraft in the Roswel area that were not stationed at the base. Accounts say at least 100 extra personel where at the base for a time span of just 3 to 4 days.

TRUE- the military dispatched a large convoy of trucks to the remote ranch area, the site of the crash

Now the question is what was it....

Aliens, a foriegn spy plane, a nuclear powered experimental plane, a spy rocket, a recovered german anti G craft... I can not say without a doubt which one it was. I do know that it was not a balloon, from Mogal.

The totality of the "wreckage" from the balloon including mylar and balsa frames fit in one rather small box and weighed no more then 15 lbs.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The Popular mechanics guys need to learn a bit more about how the FOIA works.

The govornment does NOT have to declassify documents after a period of time. There are still documents from WW1 that remain classified.

This is the same Roswell case closed thing the airforce. with Weaver, the dis-info man, has been pushing, and its all basically a bunch of crap.

If they thought they were going to find genuine blotters and records of the day, they are extremely dumb and naive.

They also forgot the fact, that, in 1994, when the congress tried to get a hold of Roswell records, they discovered to their annoyance, that all Roswell base records from 1945-1950 had been illegally destroyed, they did not know by whom.

And then the air force produces a "blotter".
After all records were destroyed.

Whatever.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
Did anyone see the evidence the scifi channel showed? They showed a picture of 2 men with wreckage of a crashed weather ballon, in one of the men's hands (General Ramey)he had a document that was partly revealed to the camera,they zoomed in on the part the was revealed and it said something like the victims(aliens) of the crash ,and other things that was pretty compelling evidence.
It's the picture on the right

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

Yes, it was called "The Secret" and was shown on 12/3 or 12/4. I was intrigued enough that I found a website where I could order the DVD.

www.majesticdocuments.com...

The content was very chilling to me, because if true, means that almost everything is not the way we think it to be. First, it would mean there is a shadow government that is in contact with aliens. Then there is the technology issue. Why would we be spending trillions of $ on our military and civilian infrstructure when we are actually way ahead of where we 'appear to be' - just to keep up appearances?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
From www.geocities.com...

Today, combining extreme magnification with the latest computer-enhanced analytical techniques, several teams of photographic analysts remarkably claim to have been able to "decipher" parts of sentences [i.e., actual words] on the exposed portion of the Ramey teletype. While the teams are not in total agreement at this time as to what the entire memo says [e.g., one team claims to see the word "Magdalena", while someone else reads it as "Roswell"], a single, glaring phrase is clear to all who have had an opportunity to view an enhanced picture of the memo, and in our opinion constitutes a "smoking gun". There is no dispute whatsoever that the phrase, ". . . victims [emphasis ours] of the wreck . . . forwarded to Ft. Worth, Tex.", can be seen on the Ramey memo and, to us, indicates that a weather balloon - Project Mogul or otherwise - was NOT what crashed and was recovered at Roswell in July of 1947.

The memo, in our opinion, appears to have originated with Gen. Ramey and probably went to either Col. William Blanchard, commander of the 509th Bomb Group based at Roswell which was under Ramey's direct command or to higher authorities in Washington, D.C. The apparent "Ft. Worth connection" is also especially interesting to us now since a new source to our investigation had been leading us in that direction before news of the Ramey memo analyses surfaced

RECOVERY OPERATION WITH ROSWELL DISK --- -- --- AT THE
-- AND THE VICTIMS OF THE WRECK --- FORWARDED TO THE
--- TEAM AT FORT WORTH, TEX.
-MATION ON THE DISK MUST HAVE SENT TWX A3-JM40 ADVANCED
--- SANDIA OR ---. FORCES ARE NEEDED SITE TWO AT CARLSBAD, N.MEX.
-------- SAFE TALK MEANING OF STORY AND W----
----- ONLY -U-- -U- TOP OF WEATHER BALLOONS ----- WAVE
----- AND LAND L---- DENVER CREWS.
TEMPLE

[edit on 14-12-2004 by sensfan]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
There are so many UFO incidents, that are covered by the Government, but not the UFOs/saucers are the main reason of these secrets. Humans can do nothing with any grounded UFO, they contain so high technology, that it's impossible to learn them with today's knowledge. We need a few thousand years before we get any close to understanding the whereabouts of these saucers.

The real issue is the actual contact with aliens, who guide the whole process the way they expect it. Those aliens involved in Government operations, must be morally primitive, as such contact doesn't prove any genuine morality. Their contact is suspicious, and definately hostile to us, but those sick minded Government officials can hardly understand anything about that. They want to use the technology against the enemy (other people), but the aliens won't even hand over knowledge, because they are not that stupid to do that. They are just playing a sick game, and the primitive humans will always get the bait...!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

They also forgot the fact, that, in 1994, when the congress tried to get a hold of Roswell records, they discovered to their annoyance, that all Roswell base records from 1945-1950 had been illegally destroyed, they did not know by whom.

Thanks for pointing that out, as I forgot to mention that one, hehe... I remember when several researchers tried to get some of the records, that the official response was "records missing", not "records do not exist".... How convenient....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
That Popular Mechanics story is hella old. I've got the same story in a mid 90's issue of the magazine. i'll dig it up and tell you which issue later.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think this one was in 2003. There was a story in '97 I believe, for the 50th anniversary of the crash as well...

<<   2  3 >>

join