It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last act of our life mostly sucks big time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
They pumped several liters of brown liquid from my sister's stomach. Her liver is not working. It is disgusting how we most often experience our final days. I will do what ever I can to spoil the plot.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

oh man.. I am SO Sorry for whatever your sister is going through. Big hUgs

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I'm very sorry to hear the pain your sister is going through. I truly hopes she gets better.

What's just as bad....the pain you're living through.

My sympathy goes out to you.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm sorry to read this, best to you and yours droid56.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Sorry for what you are going through. I got out of the hospital a few weeks ago for liver problems. Prayers and best wishes for your sister, and you and the family. End Stage Liver Disease is rough. Hang in there with her, friend.
edit on 11 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Its so horrible too watch someone you love and care for so much go through that kind of thing, I know how it Is and it is so frustrating when its out of our hands, one of the hardest things in life. Im really sorry too hear this. My thoughts are with you, your sister & family.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Droid...

My positive thoughts go out to you my friend... I am thinking of you and your loved ones...

Stay strong for them all.

I would like to add : Last year my wife, her sister, my brother in-law and myself accompanied by dearly and much missed father in-law on his final trip as he knew it here...

Personal and professional things aside for all of us, what made it the most important to him... was the fact that in every moment that he was in his hospital bed... one of us was there to hold his hand and just chat with him...

He left us knowing that we all cared... He was not alone...

I will always remember my little nephew calling his Grandad in his last moments and talking to him on his mobile.... we will never know those words that were spoken by my nephew and will never ask... My father in-law passed away peacefully...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 21/11/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

its a major bummer man...
not too many people live with quality in their final years....
its not always something terminal/painful but more often than not something is going on...
it usually starts for people in their 40's too.....thats when the meds start.
BP meds or cholesterol meds....little by little the cocktails to keep us going start and it sucks.

i always call it the cosmic joke....the universe has been here for like 14 billion years. earth has been here for around 4 billion. if we humans are lucky we get what, 80 years give or take?
assuming we are the pinnacle of health till we are 80, how many of those years do we actually get to enjoy?

i always say throw out the first and last 10...a good chunk of the first 10 we dont remember and a good chunk of the last 10 is spent steady going down hill. now we are at 60 years on this rock.

throw out the years spent sleeping and working...i would think half of each 24 hour day is spent doing both combined.
so what, now we are at 30....
throw out all the time spent sick, running errands, yard work, cleaning gutters, etc etc...all the # we do but dont really want to....what are we left with...
20-25?

i dont know. my formula is not perfect but you get the drift.

out of all the time this planet has been here, we get a blip of 25 years to actually do things we want to do. to experience things we want to experience...travel etc...

it really blows....

thats my take on it

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I too am so very sorry to hear about your Sister. Here is an Angel to watch over her. HUGS!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I posted this after getting back from a long drive to see her at her hospital. She has tumors on her liver, and many other physical problems. She ate for pleasure, and not health throughout her life. Her husband died a year ago from liver cancer.

She told me that if she could return to her youth with the knowledge she has now, she would live a life with a healthy diet.

We get swept along by the events of our life, and we usually wake up too late to avoid the danger that results from our actions.

I love my sister. What she is experiencing now is very unpleasant. I feel sad for her, but I hope there is something else that is much nicer awaiting her. Not heaven, but better than here.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Prayers and thoughts with your and yours my friend. Sincerely.

The only advice I have from life experience is that you be strong. Not for yourself, but for your sister. Bear in mind that she is in a difficult place and every smile, every touch, every single positive and loving word is worth a thousand times more to her than anything the doctors are doing. It's hard to hide our own pain, but sometimes it is the best gift that we can give to those we love.

It is my sincere wish that things take a turn for the better.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I visited my sister again. It's likely she is living in her final weeks, months.

The hospital she is in is full of nurses that treat her with loving care. They deserve flowers.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'd hope I'd go peacefully with all my children and grandchildren around me. I'd like to have my wife beside me too - she'd most definitely live well beyond me. Women always do, don't they!

top topics

join