It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Shooter Caught at White House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just heard this on the local news here in DC. Another person has been caught at the White House and this time it's a woman named April Lenhart.

A 23-year-old woman was arrested for carrying an unregistered handgun near the White House late Thursday evening.
She has been identified as April Lenhart of Michigan. Secret Service officials say she has not been cooperative in interviews.
Wednesday, a man who claimed Pres. Obama called him directly and asked him to go to the White House, was arrested for unlawful possession of a rifle.
The Secret Service has been under scrutiny since a Texas Army veteran, Omar Gonzalez, leapt over a White House fence on Sept. 19 and charged into the White House. Gonzalez made it way all the way into the East Room before he was tackled, thanks to a string of Secret Service failures detailed in an internal review out last week.

Things are not looking good for Obama. I hope he lives to see the end of his Presidency. What says ATS?

www.nbcwashington.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
It's not surprising if you spend anytime listening to AM radio or visit right wing websites, I'm surprised there hasn't been more of this. Just read any political thread here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is what happens when people listen to fear mongering nut jobs all day long.

You can thank the majority of A.M. Radio for this.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think folks are pissed and I think they are tired of all the BS they see happening on "The Hill". Every person has a breaking point. All of us have a limit built in us. For most, we will never reach that limit. For others? They jump fences, show up with guns, and any number of other crimes. Sometimes folks just feel like they have nothing left to lose.

It's certainly not the right way to show your displeasure since it's likely to get you put away for a long while in a facility where NOBODY gives a damn what your displeasures are.

I do think the American people are stressed out, their economic futures are less optimistic than most can ever remember. They are tired. Tired of working a 60 hour week, for 40 hour pay. Tired of having no health care. Tired of treading water praying they can stay afloat month after month.

Desperate people do desperate things.

As much as I dislike Obama, I too... Hope he can make it through his term safely.

The more they report on these instances, I feel the more they will increase. I don't know what the answer to any of this is, but I do know that it doesn't include a loss of life and a life sentence.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

But Congress has a lower approval rating than the president but right wing media isn't constantly attacking them like they do Obama.

Nor are they under attack like Obama, hell Bush was more unpopular than Obama but he didn't have to deal with this kind of crap!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
so now anyone in possession of a gun is a "shooter"?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

But Congress has a lower approval rating than the president but right wing media isn't constantly attacking them like they do Obama.

Nor are they under attack like Obama, hell Bush was more unpopular than Obama but he didn't have to deal with this kind of crap!!!

I can't help that this never happened during the Bush administration. I'm not sure why everything has to be compared to Bush or blamed on Bush. The kinds of criticisms both these men experience/d may be different but Bush got critized constantly for being a war monger, stupid, uneducated, illiterate redneck, liar, foot in the door because of daddy, etc.

I was no fan of Bush either.

I'm not sure if you are intimating that this is happening because Obama is black or not... It sort of seems that way and if it is what you are referring to, then I would like to know why this was not happening when he was first elected. If anything folks were far more pissed about it then than they are now. If that is not what you are saying, then I apologize for assuming ahead of time. Im in no way trying to be funny or put words in your mouth that you didn't intend. I want to make that clear. Maybe you were referring to his party affiliation?

The world seems unstable for many right now and I feel like that's what's going on. Most people know that Obama can't change or fix EVERYTHING, but they were led to believe that he (any presidential candidate actually) would make it all better for everyone. Whether spoken or unspoken the government "implies" things about the president that may not be feasible, reality, etc. So that's who they blame when it's going downhill. They blame the one that they feel made promises of security, health, prosperity, hope, and change when it doesn't happen. When the ship crashes... Who do people blame?

The Captain. Whether deserved in all cases or not, that's just the way it is.

Nobody cares which administration started us towards the ditch. They only care about the administration/president that promised to get them out of the ditch during their televised "job interview".

That's what's happening here IMO.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/20/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well first of all this isn't a "Shooter". It was a woman with a firear. Nothing more, nothing less. No shots were fired. But I guess the MSM has to hype it up.

But there is a part of me which says Obama wants to be shot, thereby ensuring that Hillary gets the next POTUS seat.

Circles within circles.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I have to assume you didn't read my post, I clearly stated why I think this is happening:

It's not surprising if you spend anytime listening to AM radio or visit right wing websites, I'm surprised there hasn't been more of this. Just read any political thread here on ATS.

Out of the last White House fence jumpers and these two that have showed up at the White House with guns how many you think are avid AM radio listeners or tea party supporters?
edit on 21-11-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I have to assume you didn't read my post, I clearly stated why I think this is happening:

Out of the last White House fence jumpers and these two that have showed up at the White House with guns how many you think are avid AM radio listeners or tea party supporters?

I'm still on the fence on this one.

The shooter was black and a lawyer.

I don't think the TEA Party had anything to do with this. I'm thinking more along the lines of a jilted lover.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

lol that certainly adds a new twist!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

a reply to: TDawgRex

lol that certainly adds a new twist!

Big Ooops!

That was the FSU shooter I was referencing. Not the WH perp. But as fare as I know, the WH perp wasn't a shooter.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

a reply to: LDragonFire

Since this thread is in the Social Forum and we have enough political talk going on, I will comment.

My theory is maybe they were cable tv subscribers with MSNBC set on their favorite pre-set station button.

In this recent case the lady was carrying an unregistered handgun.

Tea Party people and maybe even an AM radio listener wouldn't do that would they?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I don't know how many were tea party members or avid radio listeners, but I can almost guess how many they will claim were such.

I think it's dangerous to assume what type of people would be doing this and I hope Obama's security team isn't assuming anything at all. If they are, it could likely cost him his life. There are plenty of democrats and liberals who are unhappy with his policies now as well.

He had a few fellow democrats that were running in the recent elections who didn't want him to show up and stump for them. When he was first elected, they would have traded their first born to get him to come out on their behalf. The tide is shifting for many on both sides of the aisle.

They will keep looking to the right when someone from the left is creeping out from the shadows. It does not bode well for them if that is what they are doing.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I am concerned that with all the anger over Ferguson, amnesty, Obamacare, etc, people will be stupid enough to try something. Could this be why they've had so many security issues at the White House for the past couple of months?

This weekend will be very bad, between Ferguson and amnesty. As upset as I am over the above-mentioned issues, there is no excuse for taking one's anger too far. I hope that the Secret Service will not drop the ball again.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I love how the progressive mind works.......Many posters blame AM radio for the rise in crap like this happening. Is it any wonder why progressive tend to fail anything they try. Pass the blame until it sticks.

The progressive mindset is also the reason why so few people have personal responsibility anymore. They pass it off and that leads to the same mistakes being made over and over again. Everybody is a winner and tolerate bad behavior.
edit on 21-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I have to ask, what do YOU mean when you say progressive? It seems to me that this term ought to be positive, rather than having a negative meaning attached to it, since progress would ordinarily be well received, not poorly thought of.

Progress after all is normally a good thing. One who makes progress in getting the homeless off the street and into programs which allow them a route back to living in a dwelling place, would be making progress. One who prevents and shines light on corruption in police forces and public offices, could be considered to be making progress, and allowing progress to be made in other areas as resources once embezzled, become free for the doing of public works and the like.

Either people who use this term are using the wrong terminology to describe the targets of their dislike, or the name is deliberately misleading.

I certainly cannot understand why someone who wants to make progress, could attract the ire of the average citizen? Please explain this discord!
edit on 21-11-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removal.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The title of your thread says 'Another Shooter Caught at Whitehouse"

I was not aware being in possession of a pistol in the mish mash labyrinth of Washington DC's gun laws automatically made someone a shooter?

Does that mean if I see a drunk on the street on the strip in Vegas I've just spotted another drunk driver whos going to run over another 2 female siblings.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Things are not looking good for Obama. I hope he lives to see the end of his Presidency. What says ATS?

You do understand that someone carrying a holstered pistol is not a "shooter," right? Could your thread title be anymore misleading? No one is a "shooter" until they actually fire a weapon. With your logic, I'm a shooter every day.

And IMO, D.C. is the last place in America where unlicensed handgun carry should be illegal--it should be a billboard for Constitutional rights, and should be the least restrictive of those rights.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Another Shooter Caught at White House

A good way to spin it. After all anyone that carries a firearm is now considered a shooter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join