It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA official confirms "targeters" are real.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
In Christopher Nolan's "Following" there is the story of an author who follows random people for material. Is Hollywood trying to tell us something about targeting and targeted individuals?

If the CIA had to train a lot of people to be "targeters" the field work would include such things as cover jobs, like claiming to be a book author doing random research, for instance. And there would be a lot of random following going on, including CIA practice following. The target should not suspect anything. But what if he does?

An experienced "targeter" also has a cover job, a cover story and much more, to get really close to his target. A cover job might be "book author" or "manufacturing consultant".

As an historical side note, It may intrigue some people to know that E. Howard Hunt, the CIA veteran and Watergate burglar, was also novelist, he was an author of over 40 hard boiled spy novels who published under his own name and various pseudonyms. There are some researchers out there who claim that E. Howard Hunt was in Dallas on 11/22/63. en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11/21/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/22/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

S & F SayonaraJupiter well written thread and research

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Starred and Flagged!

Well, as for Hollywood,

Candid Camera

The show involved concealing cameras filming ordinary people being confronted with unusual situations, sometimes involving trick props, such as a desk with drawers that pop open when one is closed or a car with a hidden extra gas tank. When the joke was revealed, victims would be told the show's catchphrase, "Smile, you're on Candid Camera."

Pranked [MTV]

The series is a half-an-hour comedy show that provides footage and commentary for pranks that have been caught on camera and posted to the internet.

They, MSM, do it, target people, for the mere money and the lol's , therefor the media may also run covert ops and act as reasonable in plain sight cover for various government agency "targeter" agents for the same reasons!

An even more darker side is Gang Rape!

Gang rapes often involve three or more men as perpetrators. These rapes have characteristics beyond those found in rape by individuals; for example, gang rapists tend to be younger and serial in their crimes, the gang is more often under the influence of drugs or alcohol, of the same race or religion or place of residence thereby forming a close-knit peer pressure group, encouraged by the behavior of their fellow criminals. Gang rapes are more violent; the sexual and non-sexual injuries to the victim are often far more severe. The gang members typically dehumanize their target victim(s) before and during the rape.

Gang rape is sometimes stereotyped in media as a crime of poor, minorities or culture; however, gang rape incidence rates are high in wealthy college campuses, among non-minorities and every culture. Everywhere there is a tendency to blame the victim; however, gang rapes are almost always pre-meditated in their intent, target victim(s), social proof and psychological causes. Certain events such as civil wars, hate propaganda, and ethnic conflicts increase the incidence rate of gang rapes.

And also general organized crime, which again can act as a cover for covert agencies etc.

Guidance Note On Refugee Claims
Relating To Victims Of Organized Gangs [Caution .pdf file!]

I. INTRODUCTION
A]. Gang violence is a feature of everyday life in some countries of the world. Entire communities may be dominated by gangs and gang culture. The violence affects men, women and children alike. Many victims are young people who are targeted by gangs for recruitment and to carry out crime. This Note provides guidance on the assessment of asylum claims caused by, or associated with, organized gangs. It presents a brief overview of these gangs and their activities as well as a typology of victims of gang-related violence.

1.As organized gangs have become increasingly common in various parts of the world, asylum claims connected with their activities have multiplied in regions as far apart as Europe and Central America. During recent years, an increasing number of claims have been made especially in Canada, Mexico, and the United States of America, notably by young people from Central America who fear persecution at the hands of violent gangs in their countries of origin.

2 Most of the examples and jurisprudence relied on in this Note illustrating the risks and legal issues involved therefore refer to this particular region. The Note may also be of relevance for similar types of claims arising in other regions.

10.Gang-related violence may be widespread and affect large segments of society, in particular where the rule of law is weak. Ordinary people may be exposed to gang-violence simply because of being residents of areas controlled by gangs. Individuals, local businesses, buses and taxis may be subjected to demands for “renta” and threats of violence if refusing to comply with these demands.

11.Certain social groups may, however, be specifically targeted. This includes people who are marginalized in society and, consequently, more vulnerable to forced recruitment, violence and other forms of pressure from gangs. It is important to note that although gang-related violence mostly affects men and boys, women and girls may also be exposed to such violence. Lack of protection by the State, lack of opportunities and family care, poverty and a need for social belonging may push children and youth into joining gangs. The primary victims of youth gang-related violence are other young people, including those who are involved in gangs and those who are not.

Do you know if Howard Hughes ever met E. Howard Hunt

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I don't mean to be offensive, but when I read about gang stalking online and especially the personal accounts and stories the phenomenon appeared to mostly be the product of psychosis and delusion. They were convinced that bored lady on the bus was following them, they even had these bizarre 'coincidences' where one agent apparently knew beforehand what they'd be doing and where and decided to show up... again, a random person (as it seems) bullying another random person he or she doesn't even know and who poses no threat to the government or anything like that: really? Most of these stories seemed to be beyond any credibility and I could only fathom how scared these people must be, because if you actually believe such a thing (whether it's real or not), that must be extremely scary.

I have little faith in the good intentions of special services or governments, but this is just too much. If such numbers of people would be monitored so intensely and closely with so many spies involved per person, you'd have a huuuuuge operation and probably no more unemployment. Perhaps these theories even diffuse the right 'paranoia', as such unlikely theories cloud the whole thing making people less inclined to sincerely doubt the schemes of the state and the agencies.

And here we have it, in OP: the CIA admits targeting! That's bad enough without the added paranoia. And yes, we're all closely monitored (by the US, even outside the US, such as here in Europe... gah!!) and we only have the illusion of privacy because we can still use curtains, but not in that way.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou

And here we have it, in OP: the CIA admits targeting! That's bad enough without the added paranoia.

Go back to the OP and read the links. Their use of the term isn't the same as 'gangstalking' or 'targeted individuals'.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Nope, but it got mentioned here if I read it correctly.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Dude?

Really???

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Today I learned that

Osama Bin Laden posted on his Facebook page (in the days prior to the Navy Seals visiting his house) that he "had feelings of being watched" and that somebody was "following him",

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. It's kind of spooky isn't it?

Today I learned that...

Please tell me you're kidding SJ?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowChatter
a reply to: oblvion

I believe if ATS members were to be turned they would become a great CIA asset & a powerful ally .. Can it be done?

how many of us would even be able to get off our ass....of course, with my old-ugly-pasty-white mug I could probably blend into the backround with ease....as long as I don't do anything physical I would be ok, that ship sailed a while ago.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Really. You are not a terrorist or an ambassador of another country. THAT'S what the links are about. Not the Orange Julius guy who thinks everyone is looking at him.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I think the idea of 'targeted individuals' is real. The government uses this terminology in the context of counter-terrorism. There are also some people who feel that they are 'targeted individuals' and there are some threads about this on ATS.

I was just wondering, generally, could these two things be related somehow.

“You couldn’t tell the difference between CIA officers, Special Forces guys and contractors,” said a senior U.S. official after a recent tour through Afghanistan. “They’re all three blended together. All under the command of the CIA.” Source www.washingtonpost.com...

“You couldn’t tell the difference between CIA officers, Special Forces guys and contractors,” said a senior U.S. official after a recent tour through Afghanistan. “They’re all three blended together. All under the command of the CIA.” Source www.washingtonpost.com...

No real operational necessity sort of relationship....with this fact and targeted individuals. The fact that one could go to an area like Afghanistan and couldn't tell the CIA, SF and contractors apart is very normal. And that contractors and FS are under CIA oversight is also very normal.
edit on 22-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowChatter
a reply to: oblvion

I believe if ATS members were to be turned they would become a great CIA asset & a powerful ally .. Can it be done?

I think if the CIA were to hire an ATS member, you'd call it "hired" instead of "turned".

I'd be real surprised if there weren't any CIA employees on ATS. You definitely have some interesting people who have come and gone that I know IRL.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
And that contractors and FS are under CIA oversight is also very normal.

Yup. For SF, you have a big chawnk of your mission plans "contributed to" by OMA. Not sure about other branches.

Contractors report back to whichever overlord they answer to, SAIC is co-owned by DIA, for example.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Somewhere out there in the wild blue yonder is a newly recruited team of CIA "targeters" who are still in training...

Is that scenario plausible?

No. The targeting job is all SSO, and those guys are experienced to start with. It's not like they take guys off the street and they become targeters.

Note, obviously, that I'm using the term not in the "gangstalking" way.

If you're asking "How does the agency train new recruits" that's a long story. But as far as "How do you learn how to pursue someone", there is definitely a tradecraft course group that you get if you're going to do that sort of thing. Some SF teams do the basic training, but most don't. CAG and Activity teams all get that as part of their indoctrination training.

The pursuit training happens at Chantilly, VA and Camp Peary for the basic stuff, they run the field drills in DC. I've seen CAG training in a few airports in the past.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

First, here is the source. Washington Post

CIA Director John Brennan considering sweeping organizational changes

Trained to be skeptics, analysts can also help case officers see flaws in operational plans.

Such collaboration proved critical in the search for Osama bin Laden and has given rise to an expanding career category for analysts known as “targeters” who help identify individuals for the clandestine service to recruit, apprehend or, in extreme cases, kill.

Those who claimed to be targeted individuals now have a solid source that confirms that "targeters" do exist and they work for the CIA.

What do you think?

I mean, I'm sure they exist in some form or another. That sounds in a way just like a CIA agent combined with intelligence analyst.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsKingAQuestion

Do you know if Howard Hughes ever met E. Howard Hunt?

I don't know the answer to that and I have not seen any references to it. But I am glad you asked the question about Howard Hughes because Hughes ran targeting operations out of Romaine St. HQ, in Hollywood.

Hughes operated a "hq" at 7000 Romaine St. in Hollywood California which was staffed by a large percentage of Mormons. The two top people at Romaine St. were Nadine Henley and William Frank (Bill) Gay, both LDS. These two preferred to hire Mormons to work for them, as drivers, aides, as secretaries, as messengers, runners, operating projectors, etc.

Hughes liked Mormons because they don't smoke, don't drink, they are discreet and very loyal. Bill & Nadine, however, turned out many years later to be not so loyal to Hughes.

It is well documented in Hughes biographies that he had a security fetish. The young girls he had on contract were constantly under surveillance by the Mormon-operated Romaine Street bosses, Henley and Gay.

Hughes had a small fleet of identical Chevrolets in Hollywood and a small battallion of Mormons to drive them. In the 30's-40's-50's, Hughes had dozens of Hollywood girls on his payrolls. Contracts were signed. They kept track of the girls so closely and to the extent of ordering them to take medical exams by pre-selected doctors --- including std detection and blood testing.

The girls were given apartments and spending money; Hughes sent the girls into acting singing dancing beauty classes but they were accompanied to and from by the Mormon driver/aides. A lot of these hopeful leading ladies never saw any screen time.

After Hughes left California never to return (1966) he still had with him a security team "The Mormon Mafia" surrounding him, protecting him from public view, isolating him from the world. It was Bill Gay and Nadine Henley who created that team around Hughes. While he was in California Hughes could get newspapers and tv and watch movies and make phone calls or send memos at will. AFTER California, his access to the outside world was gradually diminished to the extent that Bill Gay was able to seize control of Howard's empire by threatening to cut off Howard's drug supply.

So, In the beginning, Howard Hughes ran his own private targeting operations in Hollywood, but, decades later - Hughes was the single most important targeted individual in the USA. The IRS was after him. The Nevada Gaming Commission was after him. No question the Communists were out to get him. And it's true that the Mormons kept security around Hughes in the Las Vegas era and into the Bahamas, Nicaragua, Vancouver and Acapulco all the way to the end.

In the end, Hughes died on an airplane attended by Dr. Wilbur Thain, who was from Utah and was the cousin of Bill Gay.

Tl
r Howard Hughes was targetted by Mormons.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I also wouldn't be too surprised if they get some of their people at a middle school to high school age. Access to testing data is obviously available to the government and its respective agencies. The kids that are in the outlier savant range in certain areas testing way above the norm would be of interest. Get them into government backed focus academies to train early, poorer kids the under cover of special needs and the more well-off kids as private school/college prep. Direct them pretty smoothly into college as they get a better education than the average student, and after college have a dozen or so jobs already set for them. To those being recruited it also seems fairly normal, as they've been on a roll for so long and wouldn't get as suspicious as those being recruited out of the blue otherwise.

Other candidates would obviously be from ROTC and military school programs, and of course those looking for certain jobs. The last category would be heavily screened though. And then there are those people that happen to be in the right place at the right time doing whatever that's of interest, however those guys are probably watched all the time.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

I also wouldn't be too surprised if they get some of their people at a middle school to high school age.

It's possible that a young Lee Harvey Oswald was spotted "targeted" and then recruited, trained and sent into field operations. Final mission - employee at the Texas School Book Depository.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It's part of "smart government." For instance, if you tick off your neighbor they can call into the neighborhood Fusion Center and report whatever they like. They will be protected and coddled for bearing false witness.

A number of individuals were targeted in this way over propane thefts. A major anti-terrorism operation got underway because propane tanks can be used to make b--bs. After all the targeting and hoop-la died down, it turned out that they were being stolen because people were cold and hungry. BFD...maybe...but not for the people falsely accused and targeted as potential terrorists. They probably still don't know what happened to their lives. And these outfits don't ever throw away a name, once it's collected.

Think of it as kind of a "Minority Report" except instead of "pre-cogs" there are ticked neighbors being taken very seriously and very seriously protected.

Las Vegas Fusion Center Is a Model for Public-Private Collaboration

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Pitou

And here we have it, in OP: the CIA admits targeting! That's bad enough without the added paranoia.

Go back to the OP and read the links. Their use of the term isn't the same as 'gangstalking' or 'targeted individuals'.

Hello I am the OP. This thread is very happy to discuss all aspects of the targeting phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join