It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA official confirms "targeters" are real.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

I just wanted to say your right. Some are dumber than there victims.

I just hope that the TI's wont have to wait tell 2021 to get any justice.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter
What do you think?

I think recruiting someone for the agency is a far far cry from delusions of persecution, and you're making way too much of the words being similar.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

“You couldn’t tell the difference between CIA officers, Special Forces guys and contractors,” said a senior U.S. official after a recent tour through Afghanistan. “They’re all three blended together. All under the command of the CIA.” Source www.washingtonpost.com...

Now, this part is actually very correct. But it's not talking about people following you on the street and giving you the bad eye.
edit on 21-11-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

What do you think?

I think you are misunderstanding what the article says. Intelligence agencies have always looked for individuals to recruit, or individuals who may be an influence that needs to be restrained or eliminated. Identifying public figures, such as religious leaders who preach anti-American sentiments, is a reasonable step in monitoring potential terrorist threats.

When a person claims that they are a "targeted individual" who is being "gangstalked," what they mean is they are a person of no apparent influence who believes that nearly every single person they encounter in their daily life is actually an actor who has been hired to spy on them. It is an extreme case of paranoid delusion.

How can one tell the difference? If you are actively involved in criminal activity or anti-government (any government!) political activity, especially potentially violent activities, there may be a few spies attending your meetings, and that silver land cruiser you keep noticing may indeed be following you. If you work in a shoe store and have very little social life then, no, the barista and every single person in Starbucks is not an actor hired to spy on you.
edit on 21-11-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct typo.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think this move, focusing on neighborhoods, has already been made. Enter Fusion Centers. Where your neighbors can target you for playing loud music and other subversive acts.

State and Major Urban Area Fusion Centers

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: luxordelphi
I think this move, focusing on neighborhoods, has already been made. Enter Fusion Centers. Where your neighbors can target you for playing loud music and other subversive acts.

State and Major Urban Area Fusion Centers

Where in the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative is playing loud music deemed suspicious?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Does it seem to anyone else that "targeted individuals" lead some of the most ordinary lives? If some of these people had connections to underground mob bosses, terrorists, or some kind of criminal activity it might make more sense.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Targeting is a process used in modern military decision making processes, its existence isn't anything secret or unexpected. Its nothing more than a way to identify specific targets (individuals, groups, or even buildings) and combine them with specific effects - these effects can be to destroy or even to protect.

And yes, there are whole teams at all levels dedicated to this, and is required as soon as you have a complex operation with tools like air power and/or special forces involved.

The possibility that the CIA uses this same or a similar process is not at all surprising.
edit on 21-11-2014 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

What do you think?

I think recruiting someone for the agency is a far far cry from delusions of persecution, and you're making way too much of the words being similar.

Well with the CIA having carried out projects like PROJECT ARTICHOKE, I think the water is to muddy to simply call all the people that claim to be targeted, simply crazy and shove it under the rug.

en.wikipedia.org...

The project studied hypnosis, forced morphine addiction (and subsequent forced withdrawal), and the use of other chemicals, among other methods, to produce amnesia and other vulnerable states in subjects.

ARTICHOKE was a mind control program that gathered information together with the intelligence divisions of the Army, Navy, Air Force, and FBI. In addition, the scope of the project was outlined in a memo dated January 1952 that stated, "Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self-preservation?"[3][4][5][6][7]

With the revelation of project artichoke and other CIA and military projects as well, it is clear the CIA and the military are not above, experimenting on CIA agents and other military personal; it was revealed that some agents administered doses of hallucinogens other agents and military personnel without their fore knowledge, and randomly target civilians to experiment on as well; at one point in the project they used prostitutes to slip hallucinogens to unsuspecting johns also without their fore knowledge.

No with clear evidence of such operations I think it is far to easy and naive to not even question whether some of the cases of targeted individuals are not real. Not to say you don't have paranoid schizophrenics simply being paranoid, but then some may be targeted individuals. Hell some may even be both. Who better to experiment on then those that are already susceptible and labeled with mental illness who would ever believe them?

Just my opinion though.
edit on 21-11-2014 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: prisoneronashipoffools

No with clear evidence of such operations I think it is far to easy and naive to not even question whether some of the cases of targeted individuals are not real. Not to say you don't have paranoid schizophrenics simply being paranoid, but then some may be targeted individuals. Hell some may even be both. Who better to experiment on then those that are already susceptible and labeled with mental illness who would ever believe them?

Just my opinion though.

Schizophrenics pretty much always think they're "targeted individuals". See also: James TIlly Matthews.

The article in the OP isn't talking about "gangstalking" et al anyway, the OP saw the word "target" and extrapolated to infinity.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

This is news all of a sudden?

Hmmm, maybe hundreds and hundreds of people all agreeing on the same thing aren't actually crazy? Where have we seen that before?

Oh right, when the CIA was kidnapping Americans and Canadians to pump them full of hallucinogenic drugs. Or experimenting on prisoners to see if they could make the human mind a weapon.

I was a targeted individual. First they tried to recruit me. Then they tried to lock me up. I think you can guess the third part and why I'm very vague with details about my experiences.

Here, everyone and anyone is crazy, delusional, stupid, all of the above because we believe in things no one else does.

I say that WE'RE the sane people, it's everyone else who is crazy for drinking the Kool Aid

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Does it seem to anyone else that "targeted individuals" lead some of the most ordinary lives? If some of these people had connections to underground mob bosses, terrorists, or some kind of criminal activity it might make more sense.

The original article is talking more about intelligence agencies "targeting" people involved with organized terrorist activities for recruitment as double agents, or finding people on 'the list'.

The original poster saw the word "target" and made this weird syncretic leap you see a lot on ATS: any appearance of a word in two places makes the two uses exactly identical, regardless of context. So one article saying the CIA 'targets' people in terrorist groups => proof that gangstalking is real.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27

This is news all of a sudden?

Hmmm, maybe hundreds and hundreds of people all agreeing on the same thing aren't actually crazy? Where have we seen that before?

In documentation of James Tilly Matthews, who was certain he was being gangstalked...in 1807.

He also was sure he'd been "chipped", was being manipulated by a secret machine at a distance, and that people were using steampunk "microwave devices" on him from the house next door. Although, to be sure, he thought it was groups of dwarves waving bar magnets at him. But the idea's the same, and frankly, I sort of prefer the mental image of dancing magnet-wielding dwarves to that of some guy with a modified kitchen appliance.

Some things never change.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Osama Bin Laden posted on his Facebook page(in the days prior to the Navy Seals visiting his house) that he "had feelings of being watched" and that somebody was "following him", he also wrote about how he knew that HAARP frequencies were "penetrating" his brain. He told about the time when returned home from the local shops to find the fridge door open and there not being as much milk in the carton as he had expected, this lead him to conclude that "somebody" had been in his house and made themselves a cup of tea as a "warning". At the time his friends laughed at him and told him to chill out, lay off the weed and get a girlfriend or something, but he was right in the end, the CIA had targetted him.

edit on 21-11-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged!

Just to reinforce some things,

Paul Bennewitz

Bennewitz detailed his assertions to the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization, who regarded him as a deluded paranoid. Ufologist William Moore claims that he tried to push Bennewitz, who had been in a mental health facility on three occasions after suffering severe delusional paranoia, into a mental breakdown by feeding him false information about aliens.Former special agent for the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations Richard Doty claimed that in the 1980s he was tasked with hoaxing documents and feeding false information to UFO researchers, including Bennewitz.

Driving Mr. Bennewitz Insane

Gary Webb

Gary Stephen Webb (August 31, 1955 – December 10, 2004) was an American investigative reporter best known for his 1996 Dark Alliance series of articles (about CIA involvement in coc aine trafficking into the US) written for the San Jose Mercury News and later published as a book. In the three-part series, Webb investigated Nicaraguans linked to the CIA-backed Contras who had smuggled coc aine into the U.S. Their smuggled coc aine was distributed as crack coc aine in Los Angeles, with the profits funneled back to the Contras. Webb also alleged that this influx of Nicaraguan-supplied coc aine sparked, and significantly fueled, the widespread crack coc aine epidemic that swept through many U.S. cities during the 1980s. According to Webb, the CIA was aware of the coc aine transactions and the large shipments of drugs into the U.S. by Contra personnel. Webb charged that the Reagan administration shielded inner-city drug dealers from prosecution in order to raise money for the Contras, especially after Congress passed the Boland Amendment, which prohibited direct Contra funding.

Webb's reporting generated fierce controversy, and the San Jose Mercury News backed away from the story, effectively ending Webb's career as a mainstream-media journalist. In 2004 he was found dead from two gunshot wounds to the head, which the coroner's office judged a suicide.

May they both R.I.P.

Now, that is two unfortunate victims that we know of!

Can anybody provide anymore credible government gang stalking cases

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

Osama Bin Laden posted on his Facebook page(in the days prior to the Navy Seals visiting his house) that he "had feelings of being watched" and that somebody was "following him", he also wrote about how he knew that HAARP frequencies were "penetrating" his brain. He told about the time when returned home from the local shops to find the fridge door open and there not being as much milk in the carton as he had expected, this lead him to conclude that "somebody" had been in his house and made themselves a cup of tea as a "warning". At the time his friends laughed at him and told him to chill out, lay off the weed and get a girlfriend or something, but he was right in the end, the CIA had targetted him.

One, in the words of FB:

"People often attempt to register fake accounts under the name of famous or infamous people, and we have a number of technical measures designed to prevent this behavior," explained Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes.

"Sometimes these fakes do get through but there is no evidence to suggest that the account in question or the other dozens of people who have tried to present themselves as Osama Bin Laden have any relation to the terrorist. As is our standard practice, we have disabled the account."

Why do you think OBL had a Facebook page? Because YOU do? Geez, not everyone does.

Two, if whoever was posting there was claiming "HAARP frequencies were penetrating his brain", then he's a nutter or having you on.

Three, if the CIA landed OBL, it would be a far cry from them "targetting" the guy that puts groceries in a sack for you at the Vons. One would make sense, tactically, the other is a paranoid delusion.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Your links are too long. You have to use the URL tags. I fixed the first one for you. It's fine. When you post a link click the button with the arrow that's above the reply window, name the link something shorter, then paste it into the second box.

Thanks for the tip!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Somewhere out there in the wild blue yonder is a newly recruited team of CIA "targeters" who are still in training. They are assigned as a team to follow a person selected at random for an entire month, gathering HUMINT, round the clock surveillance. The team gains valuable OJT experience by doing this. When the "targeters" have completed the assignment they are graded on the quality of work output by the supervisor chain in charge of them. Some might pass, some might fail.

Supposing that the "targeters" pass the initial test. The next level in training could be a husband & wife job (selected at random) another 30-day watchdog operation with the same team members, again, so the supervisor can judge their work output. It's a lot tougher now because they are watching targeting two people with the same amount of team members. A lot of mistakes are made and lessons learned.

In the first case, the single "targeted individual" is sensitive to his or her surroundings and can detect the surveillance and as a result drastically changes his or her behaviour on account of it. The "targeters" are only there to get the data and not to make presumptions about this sudden change in behaviour. They simply follow the person around and occasionally get spotted by the target. In this single target scenario, the targeted individual is a member of ATS and posts a thread about it.

Is that scenario plausible? If the CIA is training more "targeters" and adding more of them then it is reasonable to say that those new targeters will need lot's of OJT and real world practice on mundane targets before they are assigned important targets.

There could be several teams of CIA "targeters in training" out there following random people around for a month or two. Some of the practice "targets" might have reason to suspect that they are "targeted individuals" but they don't know why.

Just a normal guy,
Just doing my thing.
Spot a white van,
Just doing his thing.

As a historical side note, the Watergate burglars Liddy and Hunt, et al., were seasoned CIA veterans who had vast experience in targeting individuals, they had vast capability of surveillance, big expense accounts, and most importantly, access to the Oval Office. en.wikipedia.org...

I think it is highly unlikely that a skilled team of veteran spooks would make such a stupid mistake like leaving the tape on the door to be discovered by the security guard. These men were not noobs. However, they made such a dumb mistake and were caught in the act red handed at Larry O'brien's DNC headquarters. I believe that the Watergate burglars set out to get caught at Watergate out of loyalty to Richard Nixon.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

When a person claims that they are a "targeted individual" who is being "gangstalked," what they mean is they are a person of no apparent influence who believes that nearly every single person they encounter in their daily life is actually an actor who has been hired to spy on them. It is an extreme case of paranoid delusion.

I'm sure there are some disturbed people out there who are prone to extreme cases of paranoid delusion as you described. Let's talk about the fact that the CIA has confirmed that they have "targeters".

The CIA has to train these people and the unsuspecting American populace, who are more concerned about the NFL, are completely oblivious to the idea that they are being followed, surveilled, wire-tapped, photographed without their permission, recorded without their permission, their every movement logged in a computer, etc.

These targeters need practice and I am saying that completely normal people who have mundane jobs and boring lives could be targeted to satisfy the training practices of the CIA.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Today I learned that

Osama Bin Laden posted on his Facebook page (in the days prior to the Navy Seals visiting his house) that he "had feelings of being watched" and that somebody was "following him",

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. It's kind of spooky isn't it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join