It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA official confirms "targeters" are real.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
First, here is the source. Washington Post

CIA Director John Brennan considering sweeping organizational changes

Trained to be skeptics, analysts can also help case officers see flaws in operational plans.

Such collaboration proved critical in the search for Osama bin Laden and has given rise to an expanding career category for analysts known as “targeters” who help identify individuals for the clandestine service to recruit, apprehend or, in extreme cases, kill.

Those who claimed to be targeted individuals now have a solid source that confirms that "targeters" do exist and they work for the CIA.

What do you think?
edit on 11/20/2014 by Zaphod58 because: fixed link

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think the idea of 'targeted individuals' is real. The government uses this terminology in the context of counter-terrorism. There are also some people who feel that they are 'targeted individuals' and there are some threads about this on ATS.

I was just wondering, generally, could these two things be related somehow.

“You couldn’t tell the difference between CIA officers, Special Forces guys and contractors,” said a senior U.S. official after a recent tour through Afghanistan. “They’re all three blended together. All under the command of the CIA.” Source www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thomas Anderson, aka Neo, was a targeted individual.
Agent Smith is the 'targeter' and Neo is his target.

edit on 11/20/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The link in my OP has been been deleted already. Could I be a targeted individual? What Have I Done Wrong?

I quoted an excerpt from that page in my OP. Now that page is gone.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
A new link:
Post link 2

edit on 11/20/2014 by Zaphod58 because: fixed link

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is the important part.. 'targeters' are real.

add thumb.

edit on 11/20/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Your links are too long. You have to use the URL tags. I fixed the first one for you. It's fine. When you post a link click the button with the arrow that's above the reply window, name the link something shorter, then paste it into the second box.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Richard Nixon was known to target individuals such as Larry O'brien who was the chairman of the DNC and Daniel Ellsberg who, for better or worse, unleashed the Pentagon Papers.

This thread shows that the CIA has job descriptions like "targeters" and the CIA has been targeting individuals for a long time. Therefore, targeting is real, targeted individuals are real, and the claims of those individuals who claim to be targeted should be investigated for authenticity, fakery and hoaxes.

This thread is just an awareness campaign to do that.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I cant say I am surprised.

There are certain people out there that are designed by nature to be able to do certain things. It makes sense to find them to either let their natural abilities flourish or to silence them for the greater good.

IMO there should be a school for the public to attend to develop abilities they may have a predisposition for. Its all in nature. Its just a matter or harnessing those abilities in these people and putting them to work....or stopping them from ever developing their abilities.

I just realized I made this all sound like Neo and the matrix. LOL
I am referring to natural counter intelligence /combat and intelligence people.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
nm
edit on 21-11-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Nice to see this brought to light, especially since there have been so many saying it doesn't happen.

Funny thing about that though, is that whenever there is heavy ridicule and loud claims against the existence of this, it gives away the truth of it being a real thing and not imagined even better than just hearing it announced as such. Much the same as many other conspiracy topics that actually happen. Seems ATS these days has a majority that do NOT support most conspiracies and only push the status quo theme of the day, which is definitely a contradiction.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

identify individuals for the clandestine service to recruit

Hmmm, in how many capacities can this particular aspect be viewed?

I'm sure they probably open source some analysis to sites like this as well as more formal recruiting practices.

A sort of usful idiot as it were; there are a few threads around here which give me this impression.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

one thing I wanted to add.

As far as the US.

targeters probably work in pairs. The dynamic of a male and female would work best for most social situations. Its true that you can tell the difference between lets say a contractor, a special forces guy or a handler. A male and female partnership would diffuse those tells. Also an older male and younger middle aged male seem to work well.

A lone person has to be either very American or not at all to fly under the radar. I think its difficult to get the average American to blend into most of the world. When you get someone like that they are usually so well trained by the time that whom ever are done with them that they forget how to act like they were before the layers of training.

Europeans tend to make better intelligence people. IMO thats why the UK has a more fluid service. Maybe its the closeness and diversity of different peoples that makes them learn to adapt to different people and situations. If you get a European looking and thinking american then its a start but they tend to be from affluent families so recruitment is probably short term and case specific.

I imagine they shy from volatile people so that limits your selection pool greatly. It would make sense to simply take people as they are and mold them into your frame of mind.

Just some thoughts.
edit on 11 21 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

if you are not familiar with what a targeted individual or gangstalking is this section will appear to be impossible to believe or comprehend. This section is here to help targeted individuals who know what is happening but would like a broader understanding of how it works so they can better grasp the situation they are in. It is highly recommended you first review the media references and summary for some overall background. ....whatever you do, don't stop now, you have found it all.

data asylum

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Nice to see this brought to light, especially since there have been so many saying it doesn't happen.

Funny thing about that though, is that whenever there is heavy ridicule and loud claims against the existence of this, it gives away the truth of it being a real thing and not imagined even better than just hearing it announced as such. Much the same as many other conspiracy topics that actually happen. Seems ATS these days has a majority that do NOT support most conspiracies and only push the status quo theme of the day, which is definitely a contradiction.

This all happens because we are winning the info war.

There are way more of them here than just 4 years ago when I was lurking these threads.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

I believe if ATS members were to be turned they would become a great CIA asset & a powerful ally .. Can it be done?

edit on 21-11-2014 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure why this is newsworthy? Maybe I'm missing something. No idea. But they've been "targeting" people for like....forever. That's how recruiting works. They find people to recruit. They find people to tail. They find people to catch and talk to. They find people to assassinate. All that being said....they have no interest in the every day person. As the saying goes, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean nobody's watching you. Then again, you may just be paranoid.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i agree this is certainly nothing new, ala the cointelpro papers showing the targeting of "subversives and dissidents" that are seen as potential threats to the system. however, it is nice to see a more recent mention to back up that this was not only happening 30 years ago but, is still happening in perhaps even worse ways right up to this very day.

“In this detailed review of the subversive activities of the national political police over many years, the authors show that the commitment to undermine free association and independent thought is deeply rooted in national policy and subject to only superficial challenge. Their harrowing and extensively documented study lends much credibility to their supposition that ‘COINTELPRO lives on,’ and efforts to organize poor and oppressed people and dissident movements will be targeted for destruction by state power.”— Noam Chomsky

South End Press - The COINTELPRO Papers

i think this should be a must read for people interested in this type of topic.

/S&F

edit on 21-11-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I believe Targeters are nothing new, and have been around as long as the CIA and before. How else are they to get anything done, unless someone targets what or who they are looking for. Intelligence gathering needs people to take what is on paper from analyst, and apply it to real life. Otherwise whats the point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join