It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help. I've fallen off the wagon...again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
It's not likely you'll listen, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Go to a board certified hypnotherapist. You might be surprised at what he/she can do for you, if you're honest with them, and work with them. Be upfront, just like you have been in this thread.

Yep, I've even tried a hypnotherapist. No dice. But then again, I have no idea if they were board certified.

Any idea on who is board certified in the zCleveland area? I know...I know...Google it!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Awwww man, I feel for Ya'. I'm a habitual smoker, even authored a thread on it. Hell, I'm smoking right now and having a beer! The two go hand in hand for me. Have a beer...smoke a cigarette. It's sad...truly sad. I think of myself as a disciplined person....but not in the area of getting "high", cause that's what it is. Dopamines are tripping me out right now and I'm off the wagon too!

I don't have any answers for ya friend because I'm struggling too. However, Im here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on.

You'll quit when your truly tired. At least that's what I tell myself

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hang in there, TDawg! I smoked like a freight train for many years and quit many years ago. It can be done.

Exercise is key. Find something that really blows the wind up your skirt. Something you can't do if you're huffing and puffing. There are all sorts of fun ways to get your body moving.

Second key -- breathing. Some wise person once told me when I was trying to quit for the umpteenth time that when you smoke, you typically inhale and exhale more deeply than normal, which reduces _______? That's right. Stress.

Keep at it. I'm pulling for ya.

- Grace

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Hynotherpy....bahhhhhhh! Nope. It's up to you to quit. No one can make or help you quit smoking. You just gotta quit on your own. All that crap....the nicotine patches...the gum chewing, it doesn't work.

It's up to you. Just quit....give it up, it's all up to you and me

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Really great advice. My problem is, that I can still hike in the foothills many miles, 4 days a week and smoke while I do it. What gives? That's retarded right?

I know my dopamines are screwed when I can hike a mountainside while smoking and then walk home 2 miles.

SMH

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Really great advice. My problem is, that I can still hike in the foothills many miles, 4 days a week and smoke while I do it. What gives? That's retarded right?

I know my dopamines are screwed when I can hike a mountainside while smoking and then walk home 2 miles.

SMH

You must have the genes of a 'ol Command Sergeant Major that I once served under. That Dude has a cigar in his mouth at all times and could still road march us to this side of death. He even ran PT with the cigar. He looked like a Choo-choo train.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Every think of trying nasal snuff. Dry, powdery tobacco. You sniff a pinch. Effective nicotine delivery system and - from all accounts that I've heard - poses no significant health risks.

You'll want to carry some tissue or a handkerchief.

Comes in many different and wonderful flavors. My favorites have been a sandal wood/cedar wood mix and a spice mix that smelled like a pumpkin pie.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

OMG!!!! You got me laughing my skirt off. My Dad was a Green Beret and he did smoke, but he would kick my ass if he saw me smoke a cigarette.

Unfortunately, I don't have my Dad anymore. I try to think of how mad he would be at me for smoking...but I smoke anyway. I didn't even start smoking until 5 years ago or so...I think!

I think I have pretty good genes....I dunno know. But, I really want to quit...but it's very hard for me. I always say, if I never drink again (not like I'm an alcoholic) I will quit smoking. However, when I get bored, BAM....I'm smoking again.

Whatever....either it will kill me or I will kill it. I think I will win eventually

Keep your head up and don't buy lighters or matches.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Every think of trying nasal snuff. Dry, powdery tobacco. You sniff a pinch. Effective nicotine delivery system and - from all accounts that I've heard - poses no significant health risks.

Comes in many different and wonderful flavors. My favorites have been a sandal wood/cedar wood mix and a spice mix that smelled like a pumpkin pie.

I did snuff back in the eighties. Good stuff as a recon guy. But it never did the trick for me when it came down to quitting nicotine.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I dont know what to tell you. I feel your pain. I identify with your OP 1000%.

I have a devil inside me. He is a Titan. A little cancer stick keeps him at bay....

I dont know if there is really a "way" towards freedom. I find that exercise helps. When I train I am focused on getting to that next level. I know smoking doesnt help so that pisses me off. I try to use my anger when my mind is not working to do things I find impossible. It works when I get to that nirvana in between wanting and not wanting. Peaceful rage.

Good luck.

P.S.
Coffee and heavy meals should be avoided if you want to kick it or at least keep it at bay. Live like a hermit.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Nevermind

edit on 11/21/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Tada, If I lived any more like a hermit...I'd be living under abridge.
I've downsized myself to the point that I can move in under a half hour.

Yes, I have gone the minimalist route. I only live with what I need....with the exception on tobacco. That alone drives me nuts.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I really would love too offer you advice and help you but im exactly the same!!!! Vaping does help though, im moving house and have had heaps of stressful stuff happen recently so I haven't actually attempted to try just vaping alone because I know it will fail and Id rather wait until im in a position where it wont.. I have just started rolling my own alongside vaping so im not getting so many nasty chemicals, im like you I hate smoking the smell, taste etc but I also have a little temper problem too and it definitely helps me calm down and its one of the only things that helps... I wish cigarettes were never invented they are so stupid.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: kennyb72

I've been vaping the Cherry flavored BLU e-cigs for a bit now, and they've been helping quite a bit. But not recently. Maybe it's because they don't tone down the nic level in them. That never occurred to me until now. Maybe it is time to invest in a vaporizer.

That may be the problem right there why vaping isn't helping much.

Those little e-cigs don't do a thing for me.

I recommend one of these vaporizor.com...

With one of these tanks www.aspirecig.com...

You need to vape with at least 18 mg nicotine for a while or you will just fall back to the smokes.

I wasted so much money with lesser replacements before I just said give me the best you got before going to a mechanical mod. As far as juice go to a shop and try some bring coffee to drink in between because at a certain point they all taste the same unless you can clear the taste hence the coffee. Water doesn't do it.

Having a good tank and something powerful enough to push it makes a huge difference.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Try St John's Wart daily as a mood stabilizer.

Takes a week or two to kick in properly.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I've stopped smoking about 6 months ago, and switched over to vaping.

After going through many of the standard e-cigs like eGo with iClear clearomizers and aspire BDC's, I'm using a more professional setup now.

I've got a Vamo V6 with a Taifun GT atomizer which I wick myself using cotton. I Also mix the juice myself using Glycerine and Propyleneglycol, a nicotine base and a gazillion different aromas. ( Right now vaping pomegranate aroma with a blend of menthol .. yummy )

I've went down from 12mg to 9mg to 6mg and now 3mg nicotine, which is almot nothing at all, and I never craved for a cigarette a single time since then )

Vamo V6

Taifun GT

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: rickymouse

Leave it to you to give me a science lesson.

I'll have to give it a whirl though and look into it more. After all, if it helps...KUDOS!

And I do love to cook.

Orange juice has a form of niacin that helps with quitting. It also has some other chemistry that works to stop this craving. I would guess an orange would actually work better.

Then again, a hot pickled egg or maybe a spicy sausage or jerky will help also. Both are aged foods which can calm. I would suggest Yogurt, but there are so many people with intolerances to milk. Sometimes just a slice of some good aged cheese can help to keep a person from getting crabby.

The idea is to try things that don't contribute to the weight gain after smoking. Staying away from high sugar foods is a must. Nicotine stimulates insulin formation which helps to get more bang for the buck from less sugar. You'll have to toy with this.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

If you find something that works, let me know.

Even with beating cancer and all, I still smoke, LOL. I know its bad, and I feel horrible about it. I feel like one of those stupid people smoking through a hole in their throat. I've dont the gum, lozenges, chantix, even the e-cigs. Nothing is a substitute for it. Thing is I hate them too, they stink, make my throat burn and make me broke.

However, there is one aspect to quitting that I have noticed that most people don't think about. And that is this:

Quitting cigarrettes is like losing your best friend. Honestly just thinking about it is scary. Non smokers don't understand this and of course quitting is easy to them because they aren't the ones dealing with the habit. So if you're really wanting to quit, you gotta say goodbye to your best friend.

Best of luck to you brother.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Im with this cat! I have a variable voltage and can get light hits or i can crank it up and get bong type hits off this rig! i-taste VTR. I disagree on the 50/50. Most of us have done that and the two components pg and vg. Prypprolene glycol and vegetable glycerin. PG = harsher hit and VG= smoke production. I recommend 80 VG 20 PG. PG has antifreeze components. VG better for you. 24 mgs is alot also IF you are not a heavy smoker. I did the 24 and started getting palpatations, though it doesnt affect everyone this way. I recommend 20 or 18... Good luck my friend.. Youll love em and thank us for it!! a reply to: kennyb72

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

^^ What Grim said, 100%. Personally, I found it extremely helpful to start out on 24mg of nicotine liquid, and gradually step down in strength. You don't get much of a nic punch from e-cigs like Blue or Vuse. The convenience is one thing, but for what it is, it's not the best option for heavy smokers or ones who rely on the nicotine for stability.

The first vape set-up I tried was an Ego-C battery & clearomizer (they're the see-through cylinders with wicks rather than batting) I bought it at a gas station, they're pretty widely available in them. I tried a few flavors of liquid from Magic Puff. While they did ok in terms of strength for me (18mg) they tasted kinda gross. Menthol is not supposed to be sweet, KWIM? Then I had tried a 777 e-cig, and found it to fall way short for me in terms of strength, even buying their highest strength carts. I went back to the battery/clearomizer pairing & stayed with it. I looked for better liquid, and found ECBlend to make really awesome stuff, not to mention you can select the strength or outright make your own flavor (which is what I do for my menthol -- I may as well be breathing pepperminty arctic air) I haven't been back to regular cigs since. I still have the original Ego-C battery, and have retired a non-working USB-chargeable (I think I overcharged & damaged it) as well as replaced that one with a Kanger EVOD Variable Voltage. Those take some getting used to, but I find that it's useful in getting your liquid to taste best. My menthol takes a bit more to taste fabulous than the set voltage my Ego-C is.

I have actually moved away from clearomizers, and use cartomizers that I fill myself. It just seems to taste better for my menthol. The absolute best way to vape is with at atomizer, but it's downfall is that it needs refilling. A few drops is good, any more & you flood the coil & leak everywhere. Hence, refilling a lot. However, the flavor is unmatched, and I'm hoping to stock up on some eventually for variation for other flavors (orange varieties rock with atomizers)

I hope that helped a bit, and good luck

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join