It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, I need your help exposing the scam Iqkonnect..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My best friend of 30+ years is falling for that iqkonnect thing, this social media thing that supposedly pays you for people to join you. Its a pyramid scheme, whis screams scam to me. There is no launch date for this thing, yet they are taking people's money now. I've searched google for anything solid, butr all that comes up are articles from people that promote this and the occasional blog that says this is a scam.
I've also read the cofounders of this thing were involved in prior scams before but that seems to be covered up. I need some solid evidence to show him this is BS, and ATS being the community it is, I know you guys have better resources to research this then I do.
My buddy is a single dad, living just on social security disability due to a broken back, severe cardiac condition, and is struggling to suport him and his four daughters, whom the mother isnt paying a dime in support, but thats another story. I'm of the belief he is trying to find a way to make money to help him and his kids, and I dont want him throwing his money away. Guys, I need ya help.
Thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

So how about giving us the links, articles, blogs etc so we can make an informed Decision?

Many of us here can spot a scam but not without the info.

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I've found several. This is from July, it's called Bubblews, it pays users.

Bubblews Social Network Pays Users

Through an internet search I also found one called Tsu.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

www.rbradyfrost.com...

That is a pretty good little blog about it. The best part is the comments section.

It was an eye opener for me in any event.

Maybe you can find something useful in the comments section.

Here is one that explains how this is a pyramid scheme.

Have a look at this.

[edited: no links for this company please, feel free to do a search for l9app compensation to find referenced info in this comment.]

They still have it up. Click on the right where it says “3×9 matrix”. They were sending out emails recently that stated this was not MLM or network marketing. You have to have the first 2 levels filled to profit over your $9.95. That’s 12 in a downline. This thing will erode from the bottom up fast. They mention the matching bonus plan so there is a second income stream. However, if you look at the full 3×9 matrix 98.5% of your downline are on the last 3 levels and they are all not making enough off the basic matrix to cover the $9.95. Oh boy, sign me up!

Here’s an example using public data to show that IQKonnect can’t possibly accomplish their stated goal:

12 months of google search volume comparing Fetlife, a specialty social network with 3 million members and ~300k unique visitors a month to IQKonnect.

www.google.com...=iqkonnect%2C%20fetlife&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=q

IQKonnect doesn’t even register as it doesn’t have enough volume. That means very few people are typing the word ‘iqkonnect’ into Google search.

They may tell you they have a huge list of people signed up, but there are very few active members, and there’s very little active interest.

So it cant possibly deliver what it promises. Its simple math. In order to profit over your 10 bucks investment they need to be WAY TOO MANY times bigger than they are.

edit on 11 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Not offering advice here, just thinking out loud.

Pyramid scams aren't allways a loser. The trick is to be near the bottom. Those at the bottom cam make some serious bread then move out when the time is right. Get in to late and your left holding the empty sack!

In that pyramid when it's complete, the base is rich, the middle is in jail, and the top is bankrupt.

When you give it some thought, and a beer or two, our lives are a bit of a pyramid scam.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
When it comes to MLM (multi level marketing) schemes, I always like behindmlm.com.

Here is some info for ya on 'em:

behindmlm.com... booting-as-iqkonnect-social-network/

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Uhmm wasn't it the other way around?

it starts with the top and the base is filled with new users that are paying the above levels?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Not offering advice here, just thinking out loud.

Pyramid scams aren't allways a loser. The trick is to be near the bottom. Those at the bottom cam make some serious bread then move out when the time is right. Get in to late and your left holding the empty sack!

In that pyramid when it's complete, the base is rich, the middle is in jail, and the top is bankrupt.

When you give it some thought, and a beer or two, our lives are a bit of a pyramid scam.

Other way around mate...

When you join you give money which people above you get their cut.
People at the bottom have no one under them to give them money
edit on 21/11/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hasn't the "middle stage" been reached already, by the time it becomes public?
I think it may already be far too late to be "in at the beginning".

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

Uhmm wasn't it the other way around?

it starts with the top and the base is filled with new users that are paying the above levels?

Ahh right you are. Got mixed up in my thinking there. Had a few beverages with my ats last night

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
what really disturbs me is this company has NO WEBSITE, the only sites out there are ones created by 'first inviters', does this sound legit to you?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

A 'Growth Economy' is just a pyramid scam.

Reduce, reuse, recycle, conserve.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So I did a little digging on this IQkonnect...

Sadly there is a fine line between what is legal and what is a scam when it comes to these types of operations. By definition what they are doing appears to be well within legal realms. I don't think you are going to find that smoking gun you are looking for to present to your friend but maybe these little bits will help you sway him.

They call themselves a movement more than they do a company: If that doesn't set off any alarms I don't know what will.

Grand promises and heavy handed sales tactics: Historically getting a good payout on a MLM is like winning the lottery. The old get in now before its gone is a classic sales pressure tactic. Don't give people time to think about it before making a decision.

They have competitors if you want to call them that. How do they plan to stay ahead of the competition? What about already existing mediums? Why wont they just smash them down with their own established systems already?

Their statements appeal to emotion rather than to logic with actual numbers, plans etc.. You are going to be apart of something world changing, retire early and so on.

Design of website: There are advertising websites out there and I'm sure you've seen them that almost scream scam. These became popular because they are suposedly written and designed in such a way as to almost hypnotize the reader into purchasing the product. Lot's of people looking to make a quick sale use this template. I can't vouch for their efficacy as I'm more turned off by them then lured in. Be careful of language, word patterns and images when going through a site trying to sell you something. NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) is a thing and many try to use these brain glitches to help sell their stuff.

One of the main movers behind this Mr. IVY has this on his FB page "Ivy is currently engaged with multiple business ventures while constantly searching the globe for the next “IT.” So if this really was the next "BIG" thing don't you think all efforts would be focused on it? I'm suspect as to some of the key players actual business experience. They seem to be marketers and motivational speakers. Who are the tech people behind this? They are the ones who will make or break this. What is the 10 year business model? I see a lot of unanswered questions or answers that aren't in plain sight.
I hope that helps. This was all I was able to pull up while I was on break. I've seen so many scams and the poor people who have suffered the consequences. Part of me hopes I'm wrong and these people involved make money. It'd be a nice change of tune.

www.facebook.com...
www.l9app.com...
edit on 21-11-2014 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DetectiveT

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!

top topics

join