It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirrors being considered as potential weapons.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The Ukranians are brining mirrors to protests to force their cops to look at what they have become...Most don't like it.
So of course the Gov wants to ban them...Cowards.

filmingcops.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Its hard for most people to look into a mirror and hate to see what theyve become imagine the cops thats like the BIGGEST slap in the face with out physical violence awesome find S&F a reply to: VforVendettea

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Mirrors tell no lies, of course they hate it when they see for themselves just who they really are.

I like it, inventive and telling. Pretty sad that the cops are going to consider the truth a weapon, if they don't like what they see, perhaps it is time to change. I agree that they are cowards.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

From the source.
Here's a look into the reflection they will be seeing.

edit on 20/11/1414 by Emerald53 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/11/1414 by Emerald53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I posted this on Facebook. Apathy city.

The only mirrors they look into are the ones they use in their selfies. Apathy is consent.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

lol man that one poor bastard that fell down....i think everyone took a shot at him lol......poor feller...

edit on 20-11-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yes The Truth is the most powerful of weapons. You can throw layers and layers of lies upon it, but it always burns through them all in the end. Great OP and Star and Flag. Peace
Arjunanda a reply to: VforVendettea

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Not to mention the 7 years of bad luck bestowed upon the person that breaks the mirror.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I think the protestors are hoping the cops break them

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

What are they protesting against? I thought with their US backed gangster in chief and the neo-nazis in his administration they totally have freedom and democracy now?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sirrurg

This is from a year ago if you go to you tube and look. Sure looks like they took lessons from the US doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

of course there is no rational reason why " the govt " would not want people wondering about with a sheet of glass in a potentially volatile situation is there ?

^ rhetorical sarcasm - i shouldnt have to point this out - but ...........

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Brilliant! That is the best artistic form of peaceful resistance and protest I have heard of to date. Thanks for the post.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Not to mention they make a mean death ray

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think the reason why is summed up nicely with the video, all those cops beating that guy on the ground even though hes clearly down-and-out of the protest already.

Simply digging in because no one will know who actually gave the additional hits, so "why not if they can get away with it" - the police force will get the general blame.

Making them see that people protesting against military and political action - only to be attacked by the same forces (who are in fact the same people just with a uniform) for speaking their human rights!

Genius idea!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I should not have to point this out to someone being so obviously obtuse...
The People holding the leashes of their armed policy enforcers will consider plastic unbreakable mirrors a weapon too. What they are worried about is their well trained attack dogs going all moral and backing down. A cut to the heart of someone who knows better is more debilitating to a soldier than a cut to the flesh.

BTW- Your forum name suits you quite well.

edit on 21-11-2014 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I can't believe people are dumb enough to protest with them. It's asking to get a nasty slice. It's a cute idea, but man is it also a bad one.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I can't believe people are dumb enough to protest with them. It's asking to get a nasty slice. It's a cute idea, but man is it also a bad one.

holding a mirror out under the sun will likely cause a fire to burn in the hearts of self-reflective men; which i think is the goal?

how to skin a cat, outlaw chrome!
ebay chrome tape

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Nice idea but I don't think the chrome tape would work as well. It looks like it would distort the reflection like a funhouse mirror.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

Most of those uniformed guys in that video seem to be real (insert a profanity of your choice). But the one that can be seen from 0:16 to 0:20, who pushes away his colleagues from stomping on the man on the ground - that shows me, that in every uniform might hide a real human (in fact, they're all humans, but some seem to have forgotten that).

Re: The mirrors: Excellent idea! It takes a certain amount of intelligence to recognize the reflection in the mirror as yourself. But the fact that most evildoers don't recognize the reflection in the mirror as themselves must not be proof for a lack of intelligence.

In fact, it usually takes a certain amount of intelligence to commit crimes. And the bigger the crime, the more intelligent the perpetrator(s) can be assumed.

So it rather must be a lack of morality, that makes it impossible for those uniformed people confronted with the mirrors, to recognize themselves in those reflections and overthink their actions.

Or they do, and it's just their fear of nonconformity and its consequences, that is bigger than their morality.

edit on 21/11/14 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/11/14 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join