It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Diabolical & absurd’: Outrage as Save the Children gives Tony Blair Global Legacy Award

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A story right out of the "shove it up your arse" files...

RT Source.

A decision by UK charity Save the Children to give Tony Blair its annual Global Legacy Award has unleashed a torrent of criticism highlighting the former PM’s role in Britain’s 2003 Iraq war and his controversial business dealings in the Middle East.

The former Labour leader, who is currently a key focus of a public inquiry into Britain’s invasion of Iraq, received the honor on Wednesday night at a star-studded gala hosted by the charity in New York.

Save the Children’s decision to offer Blair the award has provoked outrage across the UK, with critics insisting the move utterly discredits the charity.

I'm speechless to be honest...
Im tempted to say this mass murderer gets everything he deserves...

But all I've seen him receive is praise, honours, money & powerful titles...

This world has gone to s##t...

Blair was honored with Save The Children's 'Global Legacy Award' in supposed recognition of his vanguard leadership on the world’s international development stage.

Speaking at the gala, Blair said: “From the beginning of humankind there has been brutality, conflict, intrigue, the destructive obsession with a narrow self-interest.

“But throughout all human history, never has been extinguished that relentless, unquenchable desire to do good. To act not only in self-interest and sometimes to even to act in defiance of it."

I hate you Tony Blair. I hate your guts!!!
edit on 20-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well, we can put that one right next to Obama's Peace Prize.

It reminds me of the North Korean Generals who have so may medals on their uniforms that one can only assume that they get them for successfully wiping themselves.

What we are seeing more and more is the elites giving each other medals and awards just because they can.

Yes, it is a message to us mere mortals.

Then of course, I am reminded of the behaviour of the elites back in France, but that behaviour was curtailed by the introduction of the Guillotine. Such a wonderful invention introduced to France by one Dr. Joseph Ignace Guillotine. He saw it as a way to kill humanely.

Personally, I think modern methods could be even better. A collar of high explosives, just enough to take the head off.

That is where we are headed, one way or the other.

Here is another way of dealing with the issues. www.abovetopsecret.com...

P

edit on 20/11/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/11/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The Queen is WAY worse than Blair...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

What in God's name does that have to do with this thread?

P

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Google ITCCS.org
Are you a new member? There are years of discussion on ATS about the Queen's child torcher, murder for many years.

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: Granite

What in God's name does that have to do with this thread?

P

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

How many children was blair paretly responsible for killing in Iraq? However you have to remember that it was the company's who cleaned up Iraq and the contractors who did some rebuilding etc along with the bankers that real;ly made the money Blair was only one of their puppets along with bush and obama.

I cannot believe a children's charity would award him, its unbelievable.

I want to know who exactly sat of this committee that made the award - who are they related to?

I do now associate titles to be a bonus and snob-value token, in short bribery to peopoe for covering up perversion or dodgy dealings in the name of the crown government, institutions and corporations.

This one beggars belief!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Pedophilia amongst the elite in UK is rampant. Charities are a great front.

The sick joke is on us

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Dear lord! What's next? A Pulitzer prize for Fox news?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Tony Blair (or Emily as he was known at School. IMO while quite probably having the bejayzus fagged out of him by his social and economic betters) has made about $20 million since leaving office by conservative estimates. And given some of the deals he brokers and facilitates, i'll bet that the true figure is considerably higher.

Of course he deserves an award and frankly i'm shocked that he has not merited a Nobel Peace Prize yet.

No doubt Emily feels the same way about it.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I worry what are they saving the children FOR?

Later?

Mr. Blair may be the best Man for that job then......

top topics

join