It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Man Says He Is A Platypus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

"Externally, I am now a platypus," he said. "My resemblance is the way I want it to be. It takes bravery to do what I've done and I will keep modifying my body until I am happy."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Wot say yee?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I say he looks more like that monkey from The Lion King... Rafiki than a platypus.

I also say that, good for him if that's what floats his boat. As long as it doesn't float it into mine, I could not care less if he wanted to be an armadillo and have metal plates stitched to his back.

Live and let live.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Why, I mean why someone would undergo such atrocity and mutilate himself?

It takes bravery to do what I've done- says the lunatic. No dude, it takes a huge amount of stupidity and retardness to do what you've accomplished.

Is still R factor an issue among us? :p
edit on 20-11-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
No not a platypus. Just someone who discovered body modification.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I agree he retains the primate form, however I think someone could pull the metal armadillo off easier, platypus is a complicated form to attempt.

In his earlier stages of transformation a more Rafiki vibe;

I think its awesome he feels free enough to express himself to the fullest extent, but that aint no platypus... yet.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I think it's awesome he can do it too but I agree, not a playtypus.

Now I've seen body mods that make a person really look like they're from the wild. Erik Sprague tattooed scales allover himself and had his tongue split.

There's a man who was tattooed to look like a tiger. He lives in an isolated area and canoes to "civilization" to get supplies.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Dumb, but kinda artsy when the lights went out. If Manson can get a chick, so will this guy. Yes, this man will procreate.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm all for body modification, self expression and the pursuit of personal fulfillment, but I will never understand why some people choose plastic for their adornments....that particular material really sits the wrong way with me....it screams "cheap, disposable and easily recycled". But hey, it's his thing....gotta go...gotta go....gotta go with the flow. I read too much into things, right?

Sorry to harsh out on that over such a silly issue...it just makes the transformation look like Baby Candy-Raver Overdose Sailing the High Seas of Mount Mushroom in the Eternal Quest to Reclaim the Teletubby Yesteryears of Universal Cosmic Innocence.

On a more positive note - the black-light segment was rather interesting and effective for it's Shamanic Shock Value.

(Probably because it's impossible to see that damned plastic....)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I hear you. My gf is into body mods and she refuses to use plastics. Her latest acquisition is a nose ring made from metal. She wants to get a real bone for her nose next time. As for tattoo ink, she prefers old fashioned and not henna.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It reminded me of a sufi book i read where one of the characters constantly tries to unravel a messy ball of wool symbolic to finding one self. i wonder what this young man will face when he finds the deeper meanings of things.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

He looks retarded.

I never understood why people invest so much in their outward appearance.

He is wearing a uniform. Its not like he tries to have people see him for who he truly is, or what he is worth in his opinion. He dons a costume and waits for the negative or positive feed back based on his "look".

He might as well join some group that makes people wear a freaking uniform with symbols and badges for his outward presence to be that much more well known.

Also, it doesnt take bravery to do what he did. It takes being a superficial retard.

Its ALLOT harder to convince people of who you are based SOLELY on who you are inside without visual cues or prompts for behavior.

edit on 11 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am the Walrus Koo koo ki choo.....

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Looks like some messed up kid with scraggly hair and a huge hole in his lip.

Can't be good for dribble, wonder if he wears a baby bib?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It would be difficult to have a conversation with him and hopefully that doesn't get in the way of his work or future prospects or maybe getting a partner. This amount of modification is a bit of a barrier/turn off to me as a female of same age as him.

The video was pretty cool but his body modifications were not really a feature in it anyway.

It must really suck to have the flu or eat/drink.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci

Thank you for bring that insight to light....it definitely gives added depth to his video.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci

He'll probably say something like " gee its hard to eat " or write a bestseller titled "the Tao of the Lip"

Whilst on his quest for deeper knowledge he'll probably use that extension as a book rest!

Now I know why christians have a problem with selection of the the species or evolution...

Riddle me this...what were his parents thinking when they decided to breed?

Those long hair locks...is he an backslidden orthodox jew?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No you're not...you're Paul, I mean Faul

diymag.com/archive/paul-really-is-dead-says-new-documentary

Who needs Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds when you see a nightmare like this

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Can't be good for dribble, wonder if he wears a baby bib?

Visions of Smeagol eating fish come to mind...I have not stopped laughing

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

is a bit of a barrier/turn off

REALLY...you think...oh come on...Why are you prejudiced against platypodes? Imagine his earning capacity in a circus

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This scene comes to mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join