It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Raid Cops: Texas Rangers Execute Search Warrant on Local Police Department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The raid happened by the Texas Rangers Wednesday. Although no specifics or details were given because the nature of the investigation, the county DA did release the following statement.

Source

While not saying much, Saenz did state that the investigation was in regards to “issues that came to light” after last months termination of Santa Rosa Police Chief Xavier Martinez.

While your at it, l'm sure their are several hundred other police departments that could use a taste of this medicine.

One city resident said "it didn't surprise her in the least."

A Santa Rosa citizen said that she wasn’t surprised in the least by the investigation stating many in the town feel that city funds have been embezzled by public servants

If police and by police l mean not all, but If LEO were held to account such as evidenced here, and knew that if they fumbled evidence or contrived it, they to can be held responsible.
edit on 20-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

edit on 20-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Good to see that there is some form of balance. Anytime local LEOs are being investigated the Rangers get called in. I'd like to believe they do an impartial job.

I would like to see them separated from DPS and exist as an individual entity again, though.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What's sad is that the only reason they'll conduct a raid is if they think funds are being embezzled.

Not if cops shoot or assault people or violate their constitutional rights...nope..just money.

Classic.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Not true. Every officer involved shooting in Texas is investigated by the Rangers. It's part of their standard mission. All areas of Texas have Rangers assigned that are there to police the police.

The Texas Ranger Division is a major division within the Texas Department of Public Safety with lead criminal investigative responsibility for the following: major incident crime investigations, unsolved crime/serial crime investigations, public corruption investigations, officer involved shooting investigations, and border security operations.

Rangers

As a Texan, you should know that.
edit on 20-11-2014 by quercusrex because: add coment

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
hopefully lone wolf mcquaid rolled up in his supercharged bronco to beat the peoples asses

he wasnt just a ranger, he was the ranger...

and yes, better than walker
edit on 20-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thats pretty cool.

I think we should be happy that these things DO happen. Lets give them the same press if not more than the bad things.

If we are so focused on the correction of the problem it will reinforce the correction. JUST like if we are too focused on the problem it will reinforce the problem itself.

Lets make good cops feel good to do these things to bad cops. Lets make them feel like one of us, which they are.

edit on 11 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

I didn't know that, but honestly it makes no difference because my experience with the cops in the towns I have lived is that they get away with violations all the time. Anecdotal (which doesn't matter) but one example would be a guy I knew who got shot, of course they didn't investigate because he had coc aine on him...like somehow that makes him worthy of being murdered for no reason.

Also, I do read a lot but that doesn't mean I am the human version of Google.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Sorry, my comment did sound kinda harsh. Didn't mean to sound like an asshat just my Texan pride coming out. And I will be the first to agree that our local LEOs down here can be some of the worst when it comes to being jackbooted thugs. There's a few threads running right now about Tx cop issues.

I would just like to applaud the efforts of the Rangers.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

it was a Dodge Ram Charger, badass vechicle. great movie also

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

Yeah honestly I've never heard anything bad about them. No news is good news right? Probably one reason I didn't know they investigate. They aren't very vocal about their "good" deeds one way or the other and you don't hear much of any bad deeds either.

But I agree that the LEOs in many cities are very bad. Not as bad as some states(which is even more depressing) but still very bad. Really they are just crooks with a gun monopoly. It would take days to create a topic covering all the nonsense that's currently at hand.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Awwww....I was hoping there was going to be video of the actual raid. I mean did they come in guns drawn and "EVERYBODY DOWN ON THE GROUND...DON'T MOVE..." or was it just like "Yeah...we are here to search your junk so...have a seat over there while we collect our evidence"

Probably the 'have a seat' version...but the other version would have made a great viral video I am sure.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

When the Rangers come in it's pretty much the "Have a seat over there" version. Not much the local popo can do but sit down and shut up.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Thats pretty cool.

I think we should be happy that these things DO happen. Lets give them the same press if not more than the bad things.

If we are so focused on the correction of the problem it will reinforce the correction. JUST like if we are too focused on the problem it will reinforce the problem itself.

Lets make good cops feel good to do these things to bad cops. Lets make them feel like one of us, which they are.

Awesome post.....Bravo

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Nah...they would have had guns drawn for sure..."I'll shoot your finger off if it makes a move on the delete key"

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
I agree with that.

top topics

join