It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-foot-tall ‘Robocops’ start patrolling Silicon Valley

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Is a programmer's version of 'unusual human behavior' any worse than a cop's version of 'unusual human behavior'?
edit on 11/21/2014 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Funny how it looks like the old 1960's portrayal of how robots would look in the future. Very old fashioned looking. Haha

First introduction model. Comical, nonthreating, easy target.

Of course they will progress right up the line to the predator cop.

You "will not" resist.

No really. You "will not" resist.

You have accepted every darn thing they have sent yoke way, from no knock to no warrants, killng of "innocent" pets, force vacination of your children, 24 surveillance, etc., ect.. This will not be any different.

Sorry. I am not being rude. I understand it is really hard to accept that we have allowed ourselves to be caught in this trap. All traps are engineered to be easy to get into and it is nearly impossible to get free from them.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yeah! but can they Swim?
Can they get over potholes?
what effect would a mirror have? would they arrest each other?
idiotic idea.....
but possible they offer some entertainment in a gloomy world...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Kind of terrifying to think of the future possibilities they could do with these guys... I do enjoy how they made the robots to look as little humanoid as possible, was that because it was too difficult for them to create a humanoid robot or because having a humanoid robot roaming around would make people uncomfortable and actually think about the implications of a robot walking around and monitoring everything going on?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
here is my prototype for a "security drone"

That's probably what's inside the assuringly-rounded cowling.

guess this is the next step from security cameras on every corner. now the camera can follow you.

(sneak up and spray paint lens? ooh, naughty.)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Of course there are robocops! Can't say I didn't see this coming. I don't see any good coming from these things. Not only will it take away jobs from current real life police officers but I garantee they will continue to add to these robots until they are the "perfect cop". And what is a perfect cop in the eyes of the law and/or government? Well, not good I tell you, not good. Soon enough they will be armed and I honestly don't see armed robots patrolling the streets as a welcoming attraction.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Not only will it take away jobs from current real life police officers

But programmers will be gainfully employed! Not to mention robot mechanics. ...and the guys that will be scrubbing all the paint ball paint and dog pooh off of them.

edit on 21-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Someone really needs to make a Dalek outfit for those robots.
It would be easy,a big loop with the Dalek "arms"(chuck it over the robot like a lassoo)
and a smaller loop with the Dalek "eye"
(repeat above)

Easy to do,someone will surely have thought of the idea before I did.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: AnonymousMoose

I really want to go robocop tipping now

I have a feeling this will be the new thing all the kids will be doing. What are you thinking? Just running up to it and pushing it over? Im thinking those arrows with suction cups and some rope. These things are definitely targets for geeks.

Just full on football tackle...or maybe walk by and spray paint the camera lens first? haha

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Instinctive, I would have said: "Oh my god, this is THE END! Robocops!!!"

But considering the amount of news of unnecessary brutality of human LEOs, I'd say:

The replacement of human LEOs through Robocops could increase the safety of the general population significantly.

Because instead of their emotions (as seems to be the case in the news about human police brutality), those Robocops would rather be driven by their programmes. And as long as those are written in the spirit of your constitution (I'm from abroad) everything should be okay.

P.S.: Isn't that a funny (or rather: disturbing) thought, that the safety of the people could be increased, if human LEOs were replaced by Robocops?

edit on 21/11/14 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wow, it's amazing how much difference a thread title makes, lol.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Guess I'll have to transfer over here as this thread is far more active.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Why ?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Everything isn't black or white? 1's or 0's?...If only the idiots who will be ordering and programming these were aware of that.

RoboCops will be a very bad thing. Simple scenario - I swerve into an empty oncoming lane to avoid a kid who runs out into the street. RoboCop issues me a $100 ticket for illegal lane usage. That's a low level problem.

Worse will be when they start using predictive modeling - known to those who understand that it's never EVER 100% predictive. I don't want to be shot because I executed a pattern of events that 89% of the time is predictive of a violent crime (and the other 11% of the time is predictive of me buying coffee.)

I predict this will be one of the worst "advancements" ever.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Blam! Blam! Blam!

"Stop, or I'll shoot"

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

a reply to: AnonymousMoose

I really want to go robocop tipping now

I have a feeling this will be the new thing all the kids will be doing. What are you thinking? Just running up to it and pushing it over? Im thinking those arrows with suction cups and some rope. These things are definitely targets for geeks.

Just full on football tackle...or maybe walk by and spray paint the camera lens first? haha

I look forward to the YouTube video.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If they put street sweepers on some of 'em, added some wind turbines in the downtown area, and walled up some areas of town, it wouldn't be too far off from looking like part of Academy City. Also a few elevated trains and automated buses. I wonder if "bugzapper" will show up and comment on the robot's likeness to those of her story's setting, as I didn't see that avatar in this thread yet.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: InfamousSiren
Kind of terrifying to think of the future possibilities they could do with these guys... I do enjoy how they made the robots to look as little humanoid as possible, was that because it was too difficult for them to create a humanoid robot or because having a humanoid robot roaming around would make people uncomfortable and actually think about the implications of a robot walking around and monitoring everything going on?

it would be the latter ,i would bet these things are just to test both public reaction and see how these things perform...once they iron out all the bugs we will start seeing them all over the shop...the next generations of these are in the pipeline if not rolling off the production line

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Boooooo!

License plate readers? Cool.
Next they will install the "Stingray" fake Cell tower intercept tech into it.
I feel free-er already. I think we need to stop beating around the bush, and do full on implants. They could RC me to work every day.
f@(& these guys pushing this type of tech.
We need a to revisit privacy laws asap!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

All I can think of is an old car with no plates and a robolishion derby... Its only a matter of time before they return to the company
in multiple little boxes and they go out of service...

edit on 22-11-2014 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: violet
Funny how it looks like the old 1960's portrayal of how robots would look in the future. Very old fashioned looking. Haha

First introduction model. Comical, nonthreating, easy target.

Of course they will progress right up the line to the predator cop.

You "will not" resist.

No really. You "will not" resist.

You have accepted every darn thing they have sent yoke way, from no knock to no warrants, killng of "innocent" pets, force vacination of your children, 24 surveillance, etc., ect.. This will not be any different.

Sorry. I am not being rude. I understand it is really hard to accept that we have allowed ourselves to be caught in this trap. All traps are engineered to be easy to get into and it is nearly impossible to get free from them.

I think you are right. Our robot overlords shaped the first model like giant dildos as a forewarning for what's to come.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join