It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 22 Times Obama Argued Against Executive Amnesty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Actually that is a false statement. (Not deliberate, I'm sure.)

Both Reagan and Bush 41 used executive orders to tweek existing legislation already passed by congress.

Obama is side-stepping existing legislation and basically creating his own set of rules.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Obama is side-stepping existing legislation and basically creating his own set of rules.

And we have all seen that in action.

With the IRS, DOJ, and DHS, and the EPA.

'Hope, and change' eh.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hope and chainz

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hope and chainz

If Congress does nothing and let's this slide

I truly believe he would

use Executive Order to declare himself Emperor of the US

He is that insane, and the Congress is blind to his insanity.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hope and chainz

If Congress does nothing and let's this slide

I truly believe he would

use Executive Order to declare himself Emperor of the US

He is that insane, and the Congress is blind to his insanity.

What Congress does, Obama can veto.

That's why he has announced his new plan now.

It's all about timing and jockying for 2016 now.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I contend they could get a special prosecutor

not impeach

just a prosecutor looking at illegal executive orders under the consitution

Take each executive order to the supreme court for review.

Doing it one executive order at a time, so that it takes at least 2 years to cover them all

In the meantime, Obama would be humiliated

and each subsequent illegal Executive Order could also be brought

by special prosecutor to the Supreme court for nullification.

The court can nullify executive orders that are illegal.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Impeach is meaningless.

Hell Clinton was impeached, and the guy has a net worth of over 100 million bucks, and the left still loves the guy.

Impeach doesn't mean what it use to.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: muse7

Actually that is a false statement. (Not deliberate, I'm sure.)

Both Reagan and Bush 41 used executive orders to tweek existing legislation already passed by congress.

Nope he is not. He is also tweaking already existing law. In the immigration case it is to add the parents and spouses of US citizens and perminent to be stopped from being deported. This is an expansion of an already existing program. Obama is using an EO with immigration law exactly the same way both Reagan and Bush Sr. did.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

If that's all, then that's true.

Amnesty without Congressional action is most certainly not.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

P.S.. IF that was all there is to this, then Obama could have done this a lot earlier than his seventh year as President.

Obviously, there's more to this than just spouses. Tenders have already gone out for some millions of work permits.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's amazing how politicians always seem to have these epiphanies when they are no longer up for re-election...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: xuenchen

More than anything, it simply proves this man was NOT, is NOT qualified.

Wrong again, to be qualified for POTUS you have to be

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the requirements to hold office. A president must: be a natural-born citizen of the United States;[note 1] be at least thirty-five years old; have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

Obama is thus qualified!

Lmao.
Those are requirements. Base requirements. Theres quite a difference.
Understand?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This reminds me of the joke about American immigrants on Ellis Island:

"The huddle masses are all cued up in lines waiting for their turn at the front of the line and a chance to become an American citizen. After several hours of waiting, he finally gets his turn. He is accepted. The very first thing he does is turn around and yell at everyone in line behind him; "All you Fuxking Immigrants GO HOME!"

Once again a country of immigrants has found a way to be demonize and fear the latest wave of immigrants. 'Ya, but, but, but...this time it's different! This time they really are the devil! This time they really ARE going to destroy America!...Really.'

Those who are ignorant of history are deemed to repeat it's xenophobic mistakes.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
just a prosecutor looking at illegal executive orders under the consitution

Which of Obama's executive orders are illegal, and why do you think that?

Take each executive order to the supreme court for review.

Doing it one executive order at a time, so that it takes at least 2 years to cover them all

Funny how you never wanted any previous Presidents executive orders questioned, but as soon as Obama come along you want them all checked.

I wonder why that is, let us have a look at pictures of all the presidents..... oh dear, the reason is now very obvious!!
edit on 21-11-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

There is a big difference from then to now.

It's about as simple as 'room to rent' and 'no vacancy'.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
This reminds me of the joke about American immigrants on Ellis Island:

"The huddle masses are all cued up in lines waiting for their turn at the front of the line and a chance to become an American citizen. After several hours of waiting, he finally gets his turn. He is accepted. The very first thing he does is turn around and yell at everyone in line behind him; "All you Fuxking Immigrants GO HOME!"

Once again a country of immigrants has found a way to be demonize and fear the latest wave of immigrants. 'Ya, but, but, but...this time it's different! This time they really are the devil! This time they really ARE going to destroy America!...Really.'

Those who are ignorant of history are deemed to repeat it's xenophobic mistakes.

Horrible analogy.

Nobody is saying stop immigration or we don't want immigrants. To use your analogy, this is all about people that were never in line, they went around it. They aren't "just" immigrants anymore than the guy that stole a candy bar at 7-11 was "just" just hungry.
edit on 21-11-2014 by thrustbucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: hellobruce

Wrong again, to be qualified for POTUS you have to be

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the requirements to hold office. A president must: be a natural-born citizen of the United States;[note 1] be at least thirty-five years old; have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

Obama is thus qualified!

No. Those are requirements. Obama meets the REQUIREMENTS.
Being QUALIFIED is a different matter.

Being qualified should include having executive experience, military understanding/experience, international political experience, understanding of the legal process in the USA, ability to communicate effectively, ability to have an open mind and listen to advisors, understanding that you are there for ALL Americans and not just those who agree with you or who are the same skin color as you are, no skeletons in the closet so the person can't be blackmailed by foreign powers, etc etc

a reply to: hellobruce
Seriously? Playing the race card?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/21/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

The immigrants at Ellis Island were LEGAL immigrants and America could absorb them. They integrated well and they came in proportions that the country could handle. However, the ILLEGAL immigrants who are are coming now, are coming in numbers that this country can't absorb and can't afford. They are two very different things.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Let me be blunt. Obama either thinks he is better or smarter than everyone else...or...he doesn't give a crap about our country. He is going to do what he wants even if presented with a signed paper from every single American citizen. THAT is why I want him gone!

But...what he has done is for his political purposes and those of his kind. He doesn't act for the American people, he acts in the best interest of his party...liberal democrats. 100,000 Americans could die and he wouldn't care as long as the trade is something...anything that helps his party and beliefs. His actions have cost us money, lives and freedoms while he sits on his throne thinking his crap doesn't stink. THAT is why I want him gone!

Obama and group will end up in one of two places. They will either destroy America and our way of life, or they will end up a laughing stock smear in our history books. There are no other options for them due to their agenda...which will never change. If they win...we lose. It is that simple.

And...THAT is why I want him gone!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The immigrants at Ellis Island were LEGAL immigrants and America could absorb them. They integrated well and they came in proportions that the country could handle. However, the ILLEGAL immigrants who are are coming now, are coming in numbers that this country can't absorb and can't afford. They are two very different things.

Couldn't agree more! But I believe you missed one. They don't WANT to integrate. They want and/or expect the country to change for them. They want signs in English and Spanish, they want illegal immigration legalized so their family and friends can join them. They are a huge part of our problems today which include...no one thinks they ever wrong...it is always someone elses fault. They want something for nothing. They want hand-outs. And to categorize all that into a word...they are TAKERS. And what takers do is take...and take until the source is bled dry. You would think any intelligent person would only take what the source can provide without it dying...BUT THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE COUNTRY...the source, because they are not and will refuse to be PART of the country. So...in conclusion...if they are allowed to bleed America dry and to death...they will do what takers do. They will go somewhere else that they can take from.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join