It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Become A Mod...Join the Witness Protection Program

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Most of the "Epic" threads on ATS were written by people that are now Mods.

Now, I realize it makes sense to get the brightest Members as Mods.

I just miss reading threads authored by these people.

Why when people become Mods do they stop making threads ?

Wrabbit is a perfect example...Becomes a Mod and then Crickets ?

Flyers Fan is around doing Mod duties but, no threads. Is there a rule ?

Have these people been abducted ? Could we have a Mod only forum ?

What I'm really saying is I miss their threads. I wish all of them were more active.

Are Mods discouraged from authoring threads ?

End Rant....Carry On

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Good Point. Not sure what all Modding if done properly would entail, but think it would be pretty time consuming. Might be as simple as that!??
I too miss some of theirs, and other Pre-Mod threads......

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Very observant.

That means there are some members that I wish will never become abducted by the Modship.

Peace

link   
It's not that we are discouraged from creating threads, it's encouraged in fact. Doing this takes a lot of time and energy. I've got a thread percolating right now but frankly I'm tired. It might get posted before I forget about it.

link   
Flyers Fan is still authoring threads, but mainly they have been 'Try the quiz' type threads.

I haven't seen anything from Wrabbit in a while, but maybe they're taking a break.

There are still some epic threads being created, but it has been quite slow this past week.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I think it is a matter of dividing time between "recreation vs responsibilities" which might lead to quantity vs quality?

Just a guess though.....

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I post threads fairly often they just tend to get ignored.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I read them Heff!

Hell, I even star and flag some of them! It doesn't mean your ignored!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i never was a thread writer....just a participant. So the crickets are the same from me. LOL

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think a lot of it comes down to time prioritization. If you spent all of your time on ATS reading through other people's stuff to be a proper mod, you've now invested all of your time that would normally go into posting something new and exciting.

I think mods should rotate days or something - everyone gets a day off to do your posting and such for the span of your time allotment for ATS.

All of that aside though, there are still the people like Zaphod that are hiding in a locker somewhere in the pentagon feeding us awesome information while still being a mod.

Mixed feelings; my hats off to the mods that make the time, but I understand the ones that don't. Just means we all need to step our own game up!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I always had the same thoughts that you do...where do they go once they become mods?
It seems we disappear but the truth is...its more work back there than I thought it was and i can understand why we go away after becoming mods.

Not only do you peeps keep us on our toes but holy poopies batman...there is a lot of you peeps.
I always noticed that once someone became a mod...they vanished.....thats not really the case....we just have other things to deal with to keep the boards running smooth.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I read your threads when I see them.

OP, I think they're busy with their duties. It's a large site with a lot of members, things are posted which are against the T & C among other issues. Going through the myriad of complaints, time spent reading threads, etc and the fact that people have responsibilities that aren't online I can see why there's not many threads.

I see what you mean though and they're busy but I don't think participation via actual threads and stuff should drop once their responsibilities become greater.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Heff I read them. You usually say it so well that there's no extra comment to be made. But I always give you a star when I am on.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I read your threads.

It seems longtime Mods do post some, and new Mods thread output seems to diminish.

I didn't mean you guys never post. Just, that becoming a Mod seems to limit threads.

A earlier poster said other duties may be a reason...Sounds logical.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i never was a thread writer....just a participant. So the crickets are the same from me. LOL

Yes,

But, you have had some replies that went straight to "Instant Classic".

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Without mentioning any names (per t&c), what I have found interesting is the amount of people who are staunchly anti-conspiracy regarding certain highly-controversial topics discussed here who then go on to become moderators. Anyone else know what I mean?

More on-topic, I know SO generates a thread here and there. They always seems to get 80 flags per hour somehow.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Flyers Fan is around doing Mod duties but, no threads. Is there a rule ?

I'm glad you miss me.

I was asked to be a moderator on July 25th.
That was about four months ago.
I have authored 31 threads since then.
That's about one every four days, which isn't up to what I used to do.
I used to try to find one or two topics each day to talk about.
The threads I've started lately are more lite, I admit that.

I've been mod-busy and my health issues weigh me down at times.
I'm doing my best.
But it's nice to know that someone misses me when I'm not around as much.
Thanks!

edit on 11/20/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I guess the place just needs people to do more of what they are good at, and less of procrastinating.....
I find the "National Tattler" class threads have been on the upswing for some time....Have we already discussed everything that's relevant to us? I hope not...but there seems a lack of epic threads lately....no more time travellers checking in and so forth.....We don't seem to dig out the facts as decisively as we once did perhaps im just jaded or such.....
I kind of miss the challenges......off topic babbling I know....

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

It's obviously a conspiracy against you. I'd be scared sh!tless if I were you.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You just have to go against the grain and they will never abduct you. o_0
edit on 20-11-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join