It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goat Simulator MMO update on Steam, oh haaaaaayyyy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Goat Simulator MMO Update is Now Available on Steam!

Goat Simulator has just been updated with the Goat MMO Simulator free expansion!

- Five different classes: Warrior, Rouge, Magician, Hunter and Microwave

- Complete dozens of quests, level up a hundred times and play five different classes that’s a ton of content you do the math, we all went to high-school well I didn’t I was too busy huffing paint behind the cafeteria

Might need to go home sick (cough, cough) so I can start my quest lol!!

This looks wonderful.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Wow... The simulator made me wanna punch a wall when I saw how popular it was getting.. But this.. This looks pretty awesome. I can get behind throwing a goat wildly at things if its for effect not just to watch the goat bounce lol.

Goat MMO... Wow

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That's awesome. I've never played it but, when I describe the trailer to my friends, I always say it looks like Skyrim but you're a goat.

The developers must have had the same thought!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Was checking this out the other day, might have to watch some lets plays.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

*collecting jaw*

As a game developer... I'm in shock. I mean... I can't not believe it; but I really really really struggle with believing that there's a market for this... Like... A lot. And that someone invested the time to write the whole thing.

Best of luck goat folk...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

*collecting jaw*

As a game developer... I'm in shock. I mean... I can't not believe it; but I really really really struggle with believing that there's a market for this... Like... A lot. And that someone invested the time to write the whole thing.

If you are a game developer and turned this project down then saw the wild success, doesn't that mean you are wrong? I think there are a lot of people in the industry who need to stop acting surprised and outraged and use it as a wake-up call that they don't understand their demographic as well as they think they do.

Sort of like the label that turned away The Beatles?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

Ever watched Dr. Steve Brule? Or Tyler the creators show loiter squad? These guys pull market share in the double digest and they dont even say a single coherent thing most the time. It's dumb and dumber x Monty Python. It's so dumb you gotta be "smart" to get it..

There's tens of millions of 10-20 year olds that this game and the type of shows I described are designed for.

Instead trying to impress everyone with one giant game companies are starting to diversify into smaller specialized games to grab the niche moneyz. Even tho most of the games are under 10 bucks they can pull in millions. Decent hustle for a couple programmers on a shoe string budget.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

*collecting jaw*

If you are a game developer and turned this project down then saw the wild success, doesn't that mean you are wrong? I think there are a lot of people in the industry who need to stop acting surprised and outraged and use it as a wake-up call that they don't understand their demographic as well as they think they do.

Sort of like the label that turned away The Beatles?

Whoah whoah whoah; no need to get all flustered --

I'm not sure that I said that this idea is wrong in any respect - it's just not where I expected the industry to turn. And what's all this about 'me' turning down the project? If someone came at me with the funding and idea and I needed a job, I'd probably do it - doesn't mean I'd be enthused about it - but hell, it's work.

I'm not surprised or outraged; and I know my demographic - Angry Birds is one of the most successful franchises out there - but I would half expect a little more creativity. Maybe it's just me. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over the whole thing; I made some rather generalized, non discriminatory comments, and you took them a little far for my liking...

In all reality, this is a blow to my expectations for where the gaming industry could go. I know that it will probably do well, and just based on your input, that you'll probably play it yourself - but to me this is just another place for parents to throw money for their kids to stare at a screen - with little to no real life crossover; as some games happen to contain.

Such is the industry. And like I said, enjoy yourself goat guy.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

Ever watched Dr. Steve Brule? Or Tyler the creators show loiter squad? These guys pull market share in the double digest and they dont even say a single coherent thing most the time. It's dumb and dumber x Monty Python. It's so dumb you gotta be "smart" to get it..

There's tens of millions of 10-20 year olds that this game and the type of shows I described are designed for.

Instead trying to impress everyone with one giant game companies are starting to diversify into smaller specialized games to grab the niche moneyz. Even tho most of the games are under 10 bucks they can pull in millions. Decent hustle for a couple programmers on a shoe string budget.

I'm not saying I don't get it - I understand the market dynamic perfectly - like I said in my most recent post, 'Just another place for parents to dump money'; it's just a blow to my optimism.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I was speaking in generalities, sorry. I didn't mean "YOU" you, just "you" as in "general audience". You are a developer so I understand why it sounds like that. Again, sorry.

And, on a different note, I totally agree. I think it's odd that it's successful but the industry people themselves seem angry about it. Comparing it to music again, it's like the super talented artist who writes beautiful (but unmarketable) music shaking her head at the latest two-chord hit sensation that's rocking the charts.

But I think it's a bit crazy how bitter people on your side of the fence get instead of just realizing they are reading the market wrong.

new topics

top topics

join