It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness, Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I was bullied and called names as a kid for being a nerd.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
PC is a term for common sense.

The right sees it is a way to stifle free speech, because they cannot communicate without stereotypes, racial slurs and idiotic statements.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
It's to divide us even further. To distract us from important issues with manufactured crises so we focus our energy on "changing" those situations while ignoring what's really against us.

Yes because good ole' fashion prejudice and racial slurs are sooooo uniting!

Let things work themselves out! For Christ's sake more laws don't make a damn thing right! People whom are the front men/women of equality like Al Sharpton are nothing more than spin doctors of evil!

Remember the "check your privilege" campaign?

Nothing more than spin to make those whom are guilty of nothing but being a certain color "FEEL" guilty.

Did MLK not say that to judge a man/woman by the color of their skin but the CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER?

Then why is it nothing more today than judging by the color of ones skin? Because judging by the content of ones character certainly is not applicable.......

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just as bad as leave no kid behind. Everyone needs their feelings hurt once in a while. It's called LIFE!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Over the last 30 years or so, Western governments have been giving all sorts of barmpot left wing political groups a platform to air their peculiar world views; they constantly bombard governments at local and national level with their Marxist ideology and, inevitably, influence decisions made high up, and generally have a lot of clout.

Hence all this obsessiveness about Diversity and Equality...and yet everyone's poor. And overworked. And forced to live and work with third world people - who are often criminal and uncivilised and hate us - on pain of being called "racist".

None of this applies to bankers, and CEOs of large corporations of course...rather, it's to their benefit.

Political Correctness is, if you like, a sneak preview of the NWO.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

It's to divide us even further. To distract us from important issues with manufactured crises so we focus our energy on "changing" those situations while ignoring what's really against us.

Let things work themselves out! For Christ's sake more laws don't make a damn thing right! People whom are the front men/women of equality like Al Sharpton are nothing more than spin doctors of evil!

Nothing more than spin to make those whom are guilty of nothing but being a certain color "FEEL" guilty.

Did MLK not say that to judge a man/woman by the color of their skin but the CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER?

Then why is it nothing more today than judging by the color of ones skin? Because judging by the content of ones character certainly is not applicable.......

Who mentioned "laws"?!

Political correctness is a social construct, not a legal one. If something becomes law from a strictly PC inspiration (not to be confused with issues of equality) then I'll be right in your corner about it.

Otherwise, it's just people complaining about people not tolerating their intolerance.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Political correctness is silly.

However, social decorum is extremely important, and something that the majority of people know nothing about.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Who mentioned "laws"?!

Political correctness is a social construct, not a legal one. If something becomes law from a strictly PC inspiration (not to be confused with issues of equality) then I'll be right in your corner about it.

Otherwise, it's just people complaining about people not tolerating their intolerance.

Hate crimes that are only applied to one race and not the other?

Political correctness is a disease that will destroy this country.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Who mentioned "laws"?!

Hate crime laws aren't a result of political correctness. It is a well-intended but poorly-executed idea. There are plenty of liberally-minded folks out there who have issues with "hate crime" laws.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Who mentioned "laws"?!

Hate crime laws aren't a result of political correctness. It is a well-intended but poorly-executed idea. There are plenty of liberally-minded folks out there who have issues with "hate crime" laws.

Who said anything about liberals? Hell, I believe a woman should do whatever she wants with her body including having sex with it! Where are the Progs standing up for prostitutes? I also believe in people ingesting or smoking whatever the hell they want too! OH HEY! I forgot, I also believe in a person wanting to have the right to die! Does that make me a Conservative or perhaps maybe a less hypocritical liberal than most whom claim to be?

Hate crime has done nothing more than give the current race baiters more ammo! When in the hell do you hear hate crimes against the transgender community being spoke of? They take more hate than any race and FROM all race! If hate crime needs to be looked at it is from that end of society! When the head of the justice department says that one race can not be guilty of a hate crime against the opposite race, that kind of makes the whole idea of the intention of the law racist and a mute point!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
like all things, it started out well and it just get's taken too far.

We know it's not okay to use racially offensive terms or to call fat people fat or ugly people ugly. That's political correctness at it's core. We just always take things too far. We still need some political correctness in our society. Maybe a better term for it is common sense and good manners.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Who mentioned "laws"?!

Who said anything about liberals? Hell, I believe a woman should do whatever she wants with her body including having sex with it! Where are the Progs standing up for prostitutes? I also believe in people ingesting or smoking whatever the hell they want too! OH HEY! I forgot, I also believe in a person wanting to have the right to die! Does that make me a Conservative or perhaps maybe a less hypocritical liberal than most whom claim to be?

Hate crime has done nothing more than give the current race baiters more ammo! When in the hell do you hear hate crimes against the transgender community being spoke of? They take more hate than any race and FROM all race! If hate crime needs to be looked at it is from that end of society! When the head of the justice department says that one race can not be guilty of a hate crime against the opposite race, that kind of makes the whole idea of the intention of the law racist and a mute point!

I said "liberally-minded", not "liberal". You are "liberally-minded". In any case, I totally agree. However, I just don't see a connection between hate crime laws and political correctness.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Who mentioned "laws"?!

I said "liberally-minded", not "liberal". You are "liberally-minded". In any case, I totally agree. However, I just don't see a connection between hate crime laws and political correctness.

Well, I do agree that as the "hate crime" laws were presented, they made sense. But do you not see how this current administration and the head of the justice department have used it as a divisionary tool to divide instead of creating a climate of peace?

Would it surprise you if I told you as a 51 year old white man, I refer to myself as the "N" word in the scheme of things as to how the wealthy have created a new form of slavery?

I was taught that trophies go to those who performed the best... Political correctness has taught that EVERYONE gets a trophy!

How does that benefit our children?

How does that benefit society in general for future generations when hard work and trying to be the best you can be is overshadowed by rewarding those who didn't put forth the effort?

Political correctness has crept up on all of us so slowly that it is very difficult to even pin point it on how it started. But IMO, the use of our children such as my trophy analogy is a good start.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

To me, it sounds like people whining about other people not being cool with general ignorant behavior. What's the difference between people not liking your words and you not liking that they aren't liking your words?

All I hear when I get this argument is "Waaaah, I don't like that they don't like it when I'm acting belligerent and mean!"

There is an idea that white males don't know what it's like to be targeted because of their race, and this is completely false.

I went to a high-school with a black majority. I came into that school as a typical liberal child thinking everyone is the same and to be friendly with everyone. I was bullied and physically assaulted relentlessly by black students there, who made it clear it was due to race. Multiple times I had black students randomly walk by and slap me in the face and say "white boy" or other racially motivated terms. I was spit on in the lunch line and had water poured on me from the second level stairway.

I was shocked. Never in my life had I seen this type of behavior before. Not once, ever, did the asians, latinos, or whites give me any grief. Never, not once. After continued abuse I finally stood up for myself, physically putting a stop to the abuse I was receiving.

I got accused of a racially motivated assault because I was defending myself against a group of 4 black upperclassmen assaulting me. After much deliberation I didn't get in trouble for defending myself, but the other students didn't get in trouble for their attack on me. In fact the teachers supported the actions of those students, and I was treated as a racist from then on.

Do you think I deserved that because of my white skin? Do you think I'm ignorant of what it's like to be hated and abused because of your race? Be honest with yourself, because in relaying this story in the past I've had people tell me that yes, I did deserve what happened to me, because oppressed people have the right to abuse their oppressors.

So what's your answer to this story? I'm just a whiner? When I get slapped, spit on, etc for my race, it's OK because I'm a white male.

Refusing to admit how disgusting of a situation that is will cause more racial divide. Ignoring the suffering of ANY people will result in those people eventually lashing out and pushing back.

Injustice is injustice regardless of the color of anyone's skin, and what PC facilitates today is the ignoring of inequity and abuse of a certain class of people. I thought the whole idea of equality was to get to a point where people are treated equally? Where you don't dismiss someone's struggles or issues because of their skin color? Where you listen to people as PEOPLE, and treat them as PEOPLE, instead of white people, or black people.

Don't ask me to ignore people's skin color if you refuse to ignore mine. That's not how it works. Today I've managed to mature enough that those bad experiences don't dictate how I treat other people. Regardless of a person's skin color I treat them with respect and understanding until the point where they demonstrate they don't deserve it. But I will not, ever, let people get away with things because of their skin color. Not ever will I dismiss someone's suffering because of their skin color, whatever it may be. And if you are truly for equality, truly for a better world, I'd humbly ask that you do the same. That's the only way we are going to fix it.

edit on 20-11-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

As usual the irony and hypocrisy on here are just endless. What do you call sometime whining about people whining? I call that a whiner

Sweet, but this is a discussion on the topic.

PC is just a taste of peoples own medicine.

Is that, like, I know you are, but what am I?

If you wanna use a homophobic or racial slur or something, I get to call you out on being a homophobe or racist.

Feel free, but you'll never get that chance, because I don't.

PC was invented to stop straight white males from being able to feel good about themselves for being assholes. It's failed because they don't feel all powerful anymore and got their panties up in a bunch over that or they just retreated further into their bubbles with their fingers in their ears.

That just sounds like racist drivel.

Love your posting history, you're a real kitten.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

I am an old, white, long haired, white male! When I hear that it is only young black males who are profiled by the popo, I laugh my ass off!

This is what I pretty much look like with out the colors......

Thank God I live in a small town, or the harassment would be non stop!

edit on 20-11-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
PC is a term for common sense.

The right sees it is a way to stifle free speech, because they cannot communicate without stereotypes, racial slurs and idiotic statements.

In other words, they're fighting for their right to be arseholes.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: lernmore
I heard it was created at the Kremlin to "Pussify" America, so it can be slapped around like a bitch.

It's not that they want everyone to be gay and black, but that's what they want the conversation to be about.

I'm not kidding, either.

It worked to get you to reveal that you're a woman-hater. Maybe that was the real agenda.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
It worked to get you to reveal that you're a woman-hater. Maybe that was the real agenda.

I write about dragons that don't exist, too.

Do yourself a favor, and don't take sarcastic, non PC, language, in a thread about PC language too literal.
You'll end up looking like someone who enjoys making things up.

Far from ever raising a hand, or raping the women in my life, I choose to remind them, every day, how incredibly small the odds are, that we exist.

If you're gonna make me look like a meanie, use that.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Twenty years ago if somebody had the stones to call me names I could get away with beating the Hell out of them. Cops would show up, ask why said ass kicking took place, shrug and tell the other guy "Guess you should not write checks with your mouth that your butt can't cash".

Then a happy new term came into being - actually several... "Zero tolerance", "three strikes you're out", etc. and that changed the rules of the game.

PC is evolved from that. If I can't slap the snot out of you for calling me something offensive, then you shouldn't have the right to provoke it.

FTR: I'd rather it go back to the old way because people were much less brave with their slanders and slurs when they faced potential physical retaliation.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join