It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness, Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have a simple two questions that has really annoyed me for some time. Here are the questions. Why is there political correctness? Don't you find it stupid? I for one find it annoying and not really needed.
edit on 11 20 2014 by Ceeker63 because: grammar mistakes

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's to divide us even further. To distract us from important issues with manufactured crises so we focus our energy on "changing" those situations while ignoring what's really against us.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We have political correctness because a HUGE% of our population need coddled and are easily offended.

Just remember, everybody gets a trophy!
edit on 20-11-2014 by KawRider9 because: spelled political "poptical". Think I like poptical better.

edit on 20-11-2014 by KawRider9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Political Correctness is a compartmentalizing technique.

A Social Engineering chapter.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Someone one day woke thinking their $-_- didn't stink and thought, "Hey I think I will make up something so annoying and pathetically useless. I know, I will call it Political correctness! Yah that'll get em' goin'!" LOL!!! Wow. You are right though. Stupid is as stupid does...... I don't give a damn about it. Or for proper grammer for that matter usually. I speak in slang a lot, so write that way to suit My feelin's at the time.

Point gets across either way?! Right?!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I heard it was created at the Kremlin to "Pussify" America, so it can be slapped around like a bitch.

It's not that they want everyone to be gay and black, but that's what they want the conversation to be about.

I'm not kidding, either.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I agree. It seems that a while back a bunch of liberals got together and decided that they had the right to never feel offended, ever. They also decided that this should apply to everyone, except white conservative males, of course (open season on them). I still haven't found where it says anywhere that everyone has the right to never "feel" offended.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I would guess because some people were ignorant and couldn't be trusted to know what is acceptable to do and say around others. some just don't understand how to be respectful of others.
it can go too far, but then we only have ourselves to blame.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I have a simple question that has really annoyed me for some time. Here are the questions. Why is their political correctness? Don't you find it stupid? I for one find it annoying and not really needed.

If I was 'pc' I wouldn't point out your grammar mistake.

(It is "there" not "their"). Then of course you said you had a question then used the plural form...but continued to ask one question. Hmmm...?!?

edit on 20-11-2014 by notquiteinsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There used to be a better term for calling someone "politically correct" a few decades ago.

The term was... Chicken #...

In the entire history of mankind, there has never EVER been a politician who has been correct about anything...

edit on 20-11-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

To That!! Probably on the right track with that one. If not Spot on!!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Political correctness, is diplomacy for dumbies:

I don't tell my sister she's fat, when she jokes about how much I eat, for example.
Necessary to keep your mouth shut sometimes, if you're trying to live amongst other humans. Annoying, but still...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: notquiteinsane

Umm, sorry but I see 2 Q's. Unless my glasses are dirty...... Nope, clean. 2 Questions there.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I find it as stupid as the ones who try to use political correctness on me, and think I'm stupid.

Sounds like a Religion.

If its science, then yes be correct to the limits. Politics, no, Its just trying to look good.

SMILE!!!
edit on 20-11-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Umm, sorry but I see 2 Q's. Unless my glasses are dirty...... Nope, clean. 2 Questions there.

You're right there were two questions. I stand corrected.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Because you being a retarded fat black gay midget with a stutter was offended by someone calling you that.

Does anything in that sentence qualify as political incorrect?

The pc thing was started to stop bullies I quess. But as usual things always go to far.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Well, you won't be going for office any time soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Hey no prob. Check Your U2U inbox. Message about another Thread......

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: notquiteinsaneMy mistake, when I first started writing the question, I had but one question. I forgot to go back and make the correction when I added the second question. I should edit the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I have a simple question that has really annoyed me for some time. Here are the questions. Why is their political correctness? Don't you find it stupid?

Because you should be polite like your mother told you. Just like she told you how to spell 'there'. Listen to Mom, eh?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join