It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Masonic History Doc I've ever read ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hey all

Came across this document a few days ago, its the best I've read, felt inspired to share the link here with you all ...

hermetic.com...

enjoy and much love

xxx

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: oxford

Could you be a bit more descriptive on what you found of interest and why you feel it is the best in regards the history of Masonry?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Masons are the best, once i tried to lay a brick wall but at the end i had to tear it down and hire one.

Wrong mason history?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
...once i tried to lay a brick wall...

Did you wine and dine it first? Little Barry White?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm more of a Isaac Hayes kinda guy

www.youtube.com...

chef is the best ladies man, bricks need love too...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Hermetic Order and O.T.O may have started out as a Freemasonry sponsored organization. However, once Aliester Crowley (a 33rd degree mason) took over - it morphed into what it is today.

It was around 1910, if my memory serves me correctly, when then founder of the Ordo Templi Orientis, Theodore Rhuess asked Alister Crowley to join in Germany. The O.T.O originated in Germany and was a huge part of the occult.

So this group of Freemasons claimed to have the secret to working magic practically. In others words, they'd crack the veil and figured out how to effectively make rituals WORK. So Crowley of course, joined up, and rose in the ranks rather quickly. He must have been very influential and impressive because when Rhuess had a stroke in 1921... he gave over control of the organization to, none other than, Aliester Crowley.

Now Crowley didn't waste any time on restructuring the order. He merged his own personal theology 'Thelema' into the organization, and practically forced the Freemason's out. Opting instead, to invite women and men that were not masons, into the order.

Suffice it say, when anyone practices Ceremonial Magic, like the one set out by Waite. You are practicing Freemasonry rites that were made public and available to all - by Aliester Crowley after he took over the O.T.O. Wasn't he a wicked man?

CdT

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Could you be a bit more descriptive on what you found of interest and why you feel it is the best in regards the history of Masonry?

Hello Augustus

Well if you compare it to the U.G.L.E version here ... www.ugle.org.uk...
need I say more lol

I am still reading the Yarker version but the way he traces the knowledge and wisdom throughout history is phenomenal, you can tell he has done his research and is a man in the know. Very impressive imo.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: oxford
need I say more lol

Yes, actually you do.

I am trying to get you to explain to us in your words what, exactly, you found so compelling. I can read it and walk away with an entirely different perspective.

Try to articulate what specifically you found to be important and why. We may then be able to have a interesting conversation.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Your tone comes across as rather rude, manners maketh man as my mum says, warm up Mr Frosty

No, actually I don't have to do anything I don't choose to do, but you've caught me on a day when I am full of happiness so I am willing to oblige

What I found so compelling was to find that amount of truth in one book, because it would take you a few libraries and quest around the world to discover it for yourself, and you would still be blessed to find it, if at all.

Specifically it is the symbolism and meaning of the art and the craft and how it has been woven throughout history since the dawn of time which I found to be a real gift.

I was inspired to come back here and share it with the other members, because time is precious and that knowledge and wisdom belongs to all of mankind. What good would a book be if hardly anyone read it?

God bless John Yarker!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Your tone comes across as rather rude, manners maketh man as my mum says, warm up Mr Frosty

No, actually I don't have to do anything I don't choose to do, but you've caught me on a day when I am full of happiness so I am willing to oblige

What I found so compelling was to find that amount of truth in one book, because it would take you a few libraries and quest around the world to discover it for yourself, and you would still be blessed to find it, if at all.

Specifically it is the symbolism and meaning of the art and the craft and how it has been woven throughout history since the dawn of time which I found to be a real gift.

I was inspired to come back here and share it with the other members, because time is precious and that knowledge and wisdom belongs to all of mankind. What good would a book be if hardly anyone read it?

God bless John Yarker!

Which symbolism and meanings do you find to be especially significant and in what context?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Most of us probably won't get around to reading it in the very near future, so I guess we're hoping you could share some interesting things you found to see if anything sparks our interest.

I, for one, have a queue of about 30 books lined up, but if you spark our interest with new knowledge from the book which hasn't come up in these forums before, it may well move up to the top of the pile.

From reading between the lines, I guess that's what my brethren are trying to say too... :-)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
The Hermetic Order and O.T.O may have started out as a Freemasonry sponsored organization. However, once Aliester Crowley (a 33rd degree mason) took over - it morphed into what it is today.

It was around 1910, if my memory serves me correctly, when then founder of the Ordo Templi Orientis, Theodore Rhuess asked Alister Crowley to join in Germany. The O.T.O originated in Germany and was a huge part of the occult.

So this group of Freemasons claimed to have the secret to working magic practically. In others words, they'd crack the veil and figured out how to effectively make rituals WORK. So Crowley of course, joined up, and rose in the ranks rather quickly. He must have been very influential and impressive because when Rhuess had a stroke in 1921... he gave over control of the organization to, none other than, Aliester Crowley.

Now Crowley didn't waste any time on restructuring the order. He merged his own personal theology 'Thelema' into the organization, and practically forced the Freemason's out. Opting instead, to invite women and men that were not masons, into the order.

Suffice it say, when anyone practices Ceremonial Magic, like the one set out by Waite. You are practicing Freemasonry rites that were made public and available to all - by Aliester Crowley after he took over the O.T.O. Wasn't he a wicked man?

CdT

Twenty plus years ago I brought a Crowley magic book, I can't even remember which one it was, then this really dark shadow appeared and followed me everywhere, I got so freaked I left it on a wall in South London. I thought if I ignored it, it would go away, but it didn't. One night I am watching TV with my flat mate and she turned to me and said 'whats that black shadow that's been following you around', I was like 'OH MY GOD YOU CAN SEE IT TOO!', I explained about the book and said it just follows me, she said 'why don't you just tell it to go away', so I looked at it and said 'go away' it laughed at me then turned and left. I was like 'oh that was easy lol', as I turned back to watch the TV I knocked some books off to my right, a comic book fell open as I lent forward to pick it up, top left was a picture of a masked man with a black cape and the caption read 'Aleister Crowley the cleverest man in the world', It totally freaked me, I think i said HOLY ****! It took me twenty years to get the courage to read anything from him again LOL

Wickidest and Cleverest, I think he would like that

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

Hello Saurus, I have a library to read behind me lol, I am currently reading 8 books, but this one moved to the top. I will come back when I've finished it and pull out some good parts.

Its a real masterpiece

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I will come back when I've finished it and pull out some good parts.

I'm looking forward to it!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I think Crowley had a very good understanding of how Magick works, and if you really want to complement your understanding of Magick, he's a good read.

However, all Magick comes from the same source, which is neither good nor bad. It's only how you use it that makes it 'black' or 'white'. Crowley used it for selfish reasons, some downright nasty, but that doesn't make Magick itself bad.

edit on 21/11/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Hey all

Came across this document a few days ago, its the best I've read, felt inspired to share the link here with you all ...

hermetic.com...

enjoy and much love

xxx

What overall point are you trying to make? Like most people, I have a large amount of material to read and am picky about my choice of reading materials. Fill in the blank: This document proves ( ).

top topics

join