It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commonly used soaps and toothpastes possible cause of cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Aren`t you being groomed ?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

No you didn't. You posted something off-topic that had nothing to do with the criticisms of the paper. What specifically about the arguments are you disagreeing with? Not the person, not who they work for, but the arguments.
edit on 20-11-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I`m sorry for you I don`t care too much about discussing governmental recommendations in these matters, clear enough now?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I.e. "I dismiss information that conflicts with my personal beliefs".

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Sooooo... You created this thread looking for an echo chamber?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No, I simply don`t trust anything coming from the government in these matters, at such an extend I just don`t take it seriously. On the contrary, a red flag pups immediately with me when they do this.

I just have seen them BSing so many times in this cases that I don`t even care to debate about it, obliviously you take it more seriously.

So you want to debate about something with someone who doesn`t take it serious...?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
When I went raw vegetarian for a year I barely had to apply any deodorant. Only for those special occasions. Just don't tell anybody, they might question your hygiene.

Never used the stuff in my life and never had a single negative comment.

I shower daily and use soap.

Antiperspirants cause breast cancer.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
When I went raw vegetarian for a year I barely had to apply any deodorant. Only for those special occasions. Just don't tell anybody, they might question your hygiene.

I had a vegan buddy tell me that he didn't need deodorant.

He was wrong, so very wrong.

---

I buy all of my soap for the year from the local soap maker at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. $60 dollars for a years worth of soap that I can pronounce every ingredient of? Yup.

Would recommend them to anyone, and I have not benefited in any way from placing their link in this post, other than the knowledge that I am sharing some awesome soap.

www.soapmagic.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

An argument stands on its own merits. Instead of discussing the arguments made and why they are wrong, you are instead dismissing them because of your own prejudices. This is the height of closed-mindedness and intellectual dishonesty. You're clearly not here for an intelligent discussion on the matter so why even post the OP in the first place?

Motivated Reasoning:

Motivated reasoning is confirmation bias taken to the next level. Motivated reasoning leads people to confirm what they already believe, while ignoring contrary data. But it also drives people to develop elaborate rationalizations to justify holding beliefs that logic and evidence have shown to be wrong. Motivated reasoning responds defensively to contrary evidence, actively discrediting such evidence or its source without logical or evidentiary justification. Clearly, motivated reasoning is emotion driven. It seems to be assumed by social scientists that motivated reasoning is driven by a desire to avoid cognitive dissonance. Self-delusion, in other words, feels good, and that's what motivates people to vehemently defend obvious falsehoods.

skepdic.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Nope, the whole writing gave me a sense of damage control.

You do realize what the consequences can be with big lawsuits?

Angell reminds us of the increasingly cozy relationships between big industry and the faculties of universities. Not only are narcissistic donors renaming the medical schools; they are buying access to the best minds of their faculties. Angell's examples of the large consulting fees paid by industry to individual faculty members and to NIH scientists and directors are astounding.

Source

You look surprised if someone doesn`t take something seriously he doens`t want to debate it, is this really the first time you have come across someone who does that...?

edit on 21 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Face it: you aren't even interested in opposing arguments. You'd rather insulate yourself from having your personal beliefs and prejudices challenged by simply dismissing any arguments to the contrary with no justification whatsoever. Dance around it all you want but it's plain for all to see. Closed-mindedness at its most extreme.

Have fun in your echo chamber of ignorance.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

How ironic...

You come across someone with a view who isn`t the same as yours, namely wanting to debate the claim of your source and you lash out.

How about trying at least to understand why I wasn`t taking the source seriously, talking about closed-mindedness.

So it seems I was the first for you, well there has to be a first for everything.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It's really not a difficult concept to wrap one's head around. At least, for any reasonable person.

An argument is presented. It doesn't matter who made the argument, the argument itself stands on its own logical merits.

You, however, aren't interested in critiquing arguments on intellectual grounds. Rather, in true playground fashion, you create all sorts of distractions and diversions rather than critique the argument itself. Clearly you are incapable of offering any criticism or insight into the argument itself. Perhaps because you have no comeback so can only resort to ad hominems.

Now you're upped the playground ante to "I know you are but what am I!". Classy.
edit on 21-11-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join