It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUESTION to ALL Atheists!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

That wasn't my example, it was his example. All I asked is how he was certain about morality being "objective". So you need to take it up with him, not me.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Oh I know, its however the example that was used for whatever reason (I mean wtf)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

True. I'm not arguing for or against it either, I'm just asking how he knows morality is objective. The example used could be almost anything.

I do think some kind of emotional content still need to be included however simply because we are talking morality here and IMO morality comes more from one's emotions than from their intellect. Both should be used when deriving an answer as well. This is why I also think it varies from one person to the next because emotions aren't always clear and logical.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I looked at my argument I found some flaws. Ill make a thread with a new one soon.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

why make a whole other thread? Just more clutter, I'd say keep it in here unless others have an objection that is.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I said Atheist have no OBJECTIVE BASIS for calling God evil. Atheist only have a subjective basis for calling God evil. Subjective is synonymous to Opinionated.

As christians use the bible selectively and conveniently overlook its contradictions an atheist does have an objective basis for calling jehovah evil. Its there in black and white. Or are we to revert to the dark ages where the bible is only to be read and interpreted by Pope ServantOFTheLamb? Are we here to lap up your interpretation?

I really think you're being very unfair in your usage of objetive/subjective delineations. Come on you can do better than that. Again I repeat its there in black and white the jewish mountain god is evil

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC

So if I raped you, your household pet and your wife, castrated you, cut your wife's uterus out, and fed your children to the fire, would you, in your mind consider this immoral

Wow pretty descriptive language there coming from a christian. Do you moonlight for some psychopathic butcher when you're not proselytizing for converts
edit on 24-11-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

And we wonder why the middle east is always in such chaos. Look at the populace occupying that region and what they believe and you'll get an idea as to why it never has seen any peace or stability.

Your history knowledge falls short. Most of their problems began after US/Britain meddling for geo-strategic purposes.
But I think this is drifting from the original OP

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

You NEED to understand that there is a difference in trying to prove the existence of a supreme being, and then claiming that supreme being is no other than one of the bible deities, Jehovah, El Elyon, Yahweh, Elohim, Jesus......etc.

You say it much better than me. Well done, my thoughts exactly.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Now how could that be?

God is earths bodyguard from all potentially harmful outside influences

Oh I get it...So the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that killed 230,000 people was a natural event that god allowed to happen?
Yeah BECAUSE god only interferes with meteorites!!! Wow. A part time god.

Were the floods caused by the 22 tsunamis in the last 40 years Noah Version 2? Was god sending another message there?

Oh hang...he will allow Wormwood through though.

Where was he when the Tunguska event happened? Off in the garden temporarily not omniscient like when Eve was tempted.

Wow cognitive dissonance....

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

My reasoning is scriptural, if he can shut the mouth of a lion, protect his prophets from being roasted alive in a furnace, if he can command a group of wild to bears to attack a mob, keep someone alive in a whale for three days, then he is literally capable of protecting us from anything.

So after the OT there are a few miracles made by jesus in the new testament. Where are the miracles in the last 1700 years. I mean with the exponential growth of adherents of christ you would think there'd be at least what 50? 100? 2000? miracles a day.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
double post
edit on 24-11-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: DP

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

WHich one of the OT gods are you talking about oh thats right there are a few aren't there. El Shaddai, JHVH, Baal, Adonai, El Elyon. Pretty sneaky those jews/hebrews/khazars.

Conquer the people, transform the old pagan gods into the new gods of the hebrews, commit genocide so there are no traces of the original people (as per the old testament edicts)

You're right their is no creation point of your biblical god....it comes in many flavours, attributes, ,mental personalty, circumscised/un circumcised,

In 200 years it will be shown in the texts that the biblical god is a god who promotes abstinence from sex/procreation (after deals done with the churches and the State) to help population reduction.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
When I respond with give me a reason the Biblical God would need a creator is because if they do that then I would become an atheist, but they can't do that because he exist and none of his attributes require him to have a creation point.

ok, how about this...

you can't have something from nothing. EVERYTHING needs a creator.

this whole "god is infinite, and doesn't need a creator" routine, is just denial-induced lazy thinking, that allows you to justify your beliefs, while staving off full-on cognitive dissonance...

you don't know for sure that such a being exists, you certainly don't know how such a being would have come into existence, so you guess, and make stuff up, to justify blind belief in something you have absolutely no reason to believe in.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Well the scripture says God is eternal so that is what is used as proof of his claim that there is no creation point and thus no need for a creator. Perhaps the best approach would be giving some history as to how the religion evolved and was influenced by surrounding cultures. How can he be so sure the books in the Bible were actually divinely inspired, or that those who compiled the Bible were divinely inspired when choosing what was in and what was out? Then of course you have contradictions (and I don't mean the ones that could be honest mistakes) to take into account.
edit on 11-24-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

right, then we fall into the trap of using the bible to prove the bible....which never works.

it'd be like me pretending to be a cop, and when i'm challenged, i pull out a piece of paper that says "i am a police officer, signed - me", in other words, i am a cop because i say i am....it just doesn't work.
edit on 11-24-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Of course it doesn't work! But it does in many of their minds. So we can't have any hope of a deconversion without proving to them the Bible isn't special or overly unique in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Let's try to keep a lid on the sniping and off topic personal banter, Please.

Going Forward ...

Mod Note: Please Review This Link: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Mod Note: Please Review This Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

edit on Mon Nov 24 2014 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I'm 22 and I'm running a successful business which I started with no upfront costs... I don't want to get in trouble for linking it. With enough ingenuity you could find it fairly easy.

Would Write Back Productions be that 'successful business'?

A web site containing nothing but conspiracy and religious videos, a forum with all the posts in it by you and no advertising whatsoever?

www.breakingtruth.info...

Great business model, if that's it. How's the revenue stream?

Or do you rely on advertising revenues from your YouTube channel? Didn't see any ads there either.

Or are you somehow obtaining an income from your empty blog?

Maybe Write Back Productions isn't the 'successful business' you're talking about. Maybe it's something else altogether. But if so, you're spending far too much time on an outside interest for a supposedly dedicated entrepreneur, and I wouldn't give too much for your chances of sustained success. Unless, of course, your business exists only to finance WBP. A fairly extensive paper round would do for that.

edit on 24/11/14 by Astyanax because: of poor grammar.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join