It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUESTION to ALL Atheists!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

yes..all the ills of the world can be explained by "satan", and "devil possession"....come to think of it, this sounds rather familiar....where HAVE i heard this one before.....

oh yes...."thetans"

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

lol, holy s**t bill.....why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Another point I would like to make is there is no logical reason to assume that just because one thing was created its creator must have a creator. The argument I am posing here is that things with semiotic dimensions are products of intelligence. Our machines code carries that therefore we can imply intelligence. You cannot just turn this logic on God without first proving that his attributes require a creation.

You can't be serious. are you really that oblivious to special pleading fallacy?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I would consider it a hallucination and/or some sort of trick for sure. I wouldn't put it beyond either government or certain religious groups to stage some sort of holographic imagery to get people to believe and/or control.

If I had some sort of "going to the light" experience after an accident, I would deem myself mentally affected by my injury and pass it off as nothing.

If I started to believe for any reason, I would suspect that I had some sort of brain tumor that was pressing against a part of my brain and causing me to feel this way. I actually suspect that may have happened to some people who find themselves suddenly devout. Maybe an unburst aneurism. Some sort of pressure against the part of the brain that controls our beliefs and logic.

If the Xtian apocalypse literally began in some fashion with all the revelation-y stuff happening and all that goes along with it and I had some sort of meeting with some sort of Xtian representative, be it J-dawg or his papa, I would be insanely sad, disappointed and horrified that was the truth all along.
And then I'd ask to speak to Satan.
edit on 21-11-2014 by gottaknow because: (no reason given)

Now, what would it take for you to suddenly believe in Allah, or Buddha, or Shiva? Or what would it take for you to question your beliefs at all?
edit on 21-11-2014 by gottaknow because: added question

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

They who are under the hands of a few we don't hear about, control the minds of the masses with religions, ie those bankers and royal families. And when you stray out of their boxes and post things beyond those limits, to open minds, there is a very solid assault team that calls you every name in the book with new age being their most definitive put down. And then death threats, phone calls at home, as happened to ET_MAN, threat to me when I spoke up and told them to stop threatening him, and I don't shut up or change my posts over a period of time with enough pressure. Not on my watch. But I found out the very basic and primal control boxes they use, religions. Not saying the higher road and metaphoric understandings and Good within some writings is not important, but only if you use discernment and don't buy into whole packages.

They don't like windows and doors flying open in those boxes. You're allowed to seek and find or begin the never ending journey, as long as you don't have a lot reading the posts and speak out to others.

But thats the job and duty of all people, speak out and draw the line in the sand with light to them and not budge one inch on their threats. I just tell them, hero or zero, and we are going to nard and cosmically arrest all the zero's there, good buddy!

edit on 21-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Impossibility of many of the claims (e.g. Noah's Ark).

Some perspective on Noah's Ark:

edit on 11-21-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

That video is awesome. Part 2 is even funnier especially the end.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah, it's funny stuff. You should check out his 'High Stakes Intelligent Design', it's one of my favorites.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Yeah I have seen it before as well as some others.

I wish I could see how christians react when they watch them though I am sure a good portion of them will not watch them all the way through but for those that do I imagine have the same reaction as old Noah and sons do in the second video.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

a reply to: BlackManINC

So you're saying our existence and intelligence demands a creator?
How much more intelligent must the creators mind be?

His intelligence is infinite, it is so far beyond our own that we cannot even fathom his Majesty.

So intelligent, it too requires an explanation for its existence?
If God doesn't require a creator to explain its existence, why do we?

God doesn't require a creator for its existence because God is not a created being, he has no beginning, he has no end. God simply IS, "I am that I am". Stop trying to rationalize the nature of a deity that is far beyond anything we can compare him to in our little sphere of existence and understanding the revelation of God through scripture will come easier for you. He is God all by himself, there was no other "intelligence" or "gods" before him, neither shall there be after him.

edit on 21-11-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC

His intelligence is infinite, it is so far beyond our own that we cannot even fathom his Majesty.

God doesn't require a creator for its existence because God is not a created being, he has no beginning, he has no end. God simply IS, "I am that I am". Stop trying to rationalize the nature of a deity that is far beyond anything we can compare him to in our little sphere of existence and understanding the revelation of God through scripture will come easier for you. He is God all by himself, there was no other "intelligence" or "gods" before him, neither shall there be after him.

Why does HE require worship? Why does HE get so bent?

edit on 21-11-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: BlackManINC

Why does HE require worship? Why dies HE get so bent?

Well, if I have to tell you why, then you don't know who God really is.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

In other words you don't know.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

In other words you don't know.

Oh I do know, he requires worship and praise because your eternal salvation depends on it. Its really that simple when it comes down to it. And like I said, if I have to tell you this simple observation from scripture, then you don't know who God is.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You're not telling me why he needs praise you gave a reason why someone should do it. Those are two different things.

You are correct in that I don't know who god is. Never met seen or heard from him. I don't think he exists if he does then he has a strange way of making himself known. I am also pretty sure that if he does exist then there would have to be thousands more like him.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You're not telling me why he needs praise you gave a reason why someone should do it. Those are two different things.

You are correct in that I don't know who god is. Never met seen or heard from him. I don't think he exists if he does then he has a strange way of making himself known. I am also pretty sure that if he does exist then there would have to be thousands more like him[b/].

And with the last statement, you show exactly why God won't waste his time revealing himself to people like you in any way shape or form, because you are not worthy.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Well the feeling would be mutual because I don't think it would be worthy of any type of praise and certainly not admiration. There are a lot of deities throughout history, millions actually but the one from Abrahamic religions is a real SOB.

(post by BlackManINC removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

(post by BlackManINC removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join