It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police responding to reports of a gunman on Florida State University campus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

At least two people have been shot on the Tallahassee campus of Florida State University. A local hospital, Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare, tells CBS News it is treating the victims. The school is warning students of a "dangerous situation" on campus. The message says, "*FSU ALERT!* Dangerous Situation! Main Campus - Tallahassee. Seek shelter immediately, away from doors and windows."

www.cbsnews.com...

Just hearing about this now, suspect hasn't been apprehended. Hope everyone stays safe!

twitter.com...
edit on 20-11-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
its 2 in the morning on a Thursday, exactly how many students are even out there?? I dunno man this sounds fishy. IF there is truly even a gunman out there, it was probably beef or a personal vendetta against someone, I seriously doubt they came out after midnight with the intent to harm or kill as many people as possible. Probably even a simple robbery.

Its Florida, he wont get far

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Probably people doing things all hours of the day there, but yah, odd time of the day to "lose it"

(started just after midnight)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

based soley on this twitter feed and the only two victims being treated at the hospital still alive, I suspect strongly that the shooter knew of these people in some capacity. I live 4 hours south, if he got away its because he specifically chose those two targets and intended to leave immediately. He will be identified and apprehended by mid-morning to late evening is my guess.

So anyone want to take a wager against me on my claims???

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Sounds bang on to me..

Disgruntled ex boyfriend type of stuff me thinks, but we'll see ..

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

Sounds bang on to me..

Disgruntled ex boyfriend type of stuff me thinks, but we'll see ..

We don't even know the gender of the two victims and you already go the "disgruntled ex boyfriend" route...i sense a feminist agenda/ mindset?
It's like me saying "probably some fat chick that isn't getting any"

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
hehe, I am sure she meant no harm. Just bringing up a scenario no doubt. But this speculation has me wanting to make a game called "guess the perp" . We could make bets to pick from a specific suspect, once someone picks a suspect no one else can pick it. The winner gets the pot of the buy in pool. Any takers??

Oh what am I saying, two people were hospitalized this is no time to make it a game. *sigh*, only an American.

Florida State University police fatally shot a gunman at the campus library early Thursday after a shooting that left three others wounded as hundreds studying inside the library fled or took cover in panic.

Officers confronted the gunman and ordered him to drop his weapon, but he fired one shot at them and they unleashed a volley of shots, Tallahassee Police spokesman Dave Northway said.

It was not immediately known if the wounded were shot by the suspected gunman.

Northway said authorities did not believe there were any other threats related to the incident. The lockdown was later lifted and the school said on its verified Twitter account that the area was secure.

Well that was swift, and the perp was even kind enough to spare us the tax burden by firing on the police. Thank you Florida officers, another scumbag well done. Now we should hopefully have the profile in but a few more hours after interviews with the hospital victims is disseminated.
edit on 11/20/2014 by DYepes because: updating from source

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

C'mon, big girls get plenty of rumpy-pumpy. I sense a Size Zero agenda here.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

i never heard "rumpy-pumpy" before and i'm loving it

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

originally posted by: skalla

i never heard "rumpy-pumpy" before and i'm loving it

hey you two knucleheads, why don't you take a guess as to the nature of the crime and maybe play my game of guess the perp??
I think I am going to settle on an acquaintance that was either owed money or recently wronged in some way, and he failed to take any logical recourse and presumed this was a way of getting even, except he realized he #ed up and just figured it would be better to an hero than get butt pumped in prison for the rest of his life.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Apologies, i was just advocating for big chicks; and anyway, there's a(nother) "k" in knuckle

I guess that given the circumstances described (ie: night time and a seemingly limited number of victims) then it's just another attempted murder by an acquaintance.
edit on 20-11-2014 by skalla because: snarky correction fail

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

ahahah ok, ok guess the perp...
so it was midnight, we has on a school campus, who's on campus at that hour? other guards? cleaning staff?
and if like you speculated there is a good chance he knew the victims, i say the shooter was a potential security guard that might have landed a job there, but the other two (also security guards) lied to him about something, causing him to not get the job.
unless we find out the victims were students, in that case it's about drug money!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
AP released the name of the suspected shooter as Myron May.

Here is his facebook page: www.facebook.com...

Very interesting that he was connected/interested in the targeted individuals phenomenon and even a part of a group on Facebook.

Otherwise a model citizen, alumnus, aspiring lawyer.

**This goes much deeper than a disgruntled ex. This was an alumni with a successful career. 3 students injured, a 4th was shot at but library books saved his life**
edit on 7/3/2008 by blackbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
More on Myron May:

heavy.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well this time it was a Christian terrorist committing murder, interesting. That's nothing new of course because the media refuses to cover the faith of all criminals unless they are Muslim, that way they can tie it to terrorism in peoples mind with their brainwashing. Thankfully nobody was killed except him.

Let that be a lesson to other states, this is how we respond and handle crazy shooters in Florida. Texas is pretty good at handling their thing as well.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I can say or think whatever I like within the parameters of the forum rules, thank you

top topics

join