It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief Flynn of Milwaukee PD speaks a harsh truth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

This is how it is done. No hint of racism, no hint of hate.

Speaking the truth about African American violence. The problem with a lot of ATS members..is that when they attempt to say the say thing...they also attempt to label the entire race as violent.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

The problem will not listen to reason.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

This is how it is done. No hint of racism, no hint of hate.

Speaking the truth about African American violence. The problem with a lot of ATS members..is that when they attempt to say the say thing...they also attempt to label the entire race as violent.

So what did the chief say? I am on a mobile phone and YouTube won't play.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Holy crap that was powerful!

F & S! Thanks for posting, OP.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Now that's a cop.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
He was basically saying that too many people are taking advantage of situations like the Ferguson shooting, without actually caring about what occurred. For instance, there are citizens who are up in arms over what they believe to be a blatant homicide by a cop on an unarmed citizen, but they don't really care about the victim, rather they care about promoting their own agendas where this situation is concerned. He was stating that the police force will go after the bad guys, whether they be regular citizens or other police officers themselves. And he was irritated about people complaining about him being on the phone, when the only reason he was on the phone was because he was staying updated on a shooting that had just occurred, a shooting where a 5 year old kid was killed. He is probably sick of people complaining over the stupid stuff like this, while they actually ignore the true problems. That was basically the overall tone of his speech. People should be caring about the true problem, things like criminals with guns who do not care about who they kill. They did not care about killing this innocent 5 year old child for instance, who was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time. So the community should be more willing to place the blame where it lies: with their fellow citizens. Too many people do not care about getting the true criminals off the street. It seems to me that there are some black people who will always take the side of a black victim when that victim is harmed or killed by a white person, regardless of who is in the right and who is in the wrong. And that is taking advantage of the situation.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This is a cop I can get behind, wish there were more like him.

He's absolutely right.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Evidently this man is not even afraid to stand up to a Senator

Here is a clip where he gets into a heated argument with Lindsey Graham over background checks

[Feb. 28, 2013]

I'm really liking this guy!!!

------------------

a reply to: Brotherman

When you get a chance, you really should listen to the video in the OP
I know jiggy told you what it was about but to hear the passion in his voice was moving
edit on 20-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I was with him until........High capacity magazines..........This is a staged outrage.......Who talks like that......People pushing an agenda.

If you want to see a real honest good cop look up the Milwaukee country sheriff......He is a liberal black man pushing the 2nd as hard as he can. This is real hero not this man reading from a anti-gun script.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
We have at least two good lawmen in the SE Wisconsin area, Chief Flynn and the Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke. These two guys keep me grounded when my thoughts turn to all cops being bad from watching the seemingly endless amounts of police brutality videos that crop up daily. Check out Clarke:

He's a straight up kind of guy, no sugar coating which is why I like the guy.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Uh...

what?

Huge problem with what this guy is saying. He is saying that just because people are holding the police accountable for their actions that people can't also be outraged about criminal violence as well? How the hell does he know who does or doesn't know who is being killed? Is he in every church when prayers are said for victims? Does he read all of the community newsletters? Is this old white guy really trying to tell me that he has his finger on the pulse of the African American community?

No, he is simply trying to deflect and shift focus away from his department by trying to blame the people in their communities, of what? Not being cops? Holding cops to a higher standard than they hold criminals?

This guy is a joke.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

What he's saying is the black community should address the problem of black on black violence rather than soapbox about one unjustified killing involving the police. I won't even go into Milwaukee any more, you know why? Nightly shootings that many times have innocent people caught up in all that monkey island madness known as Milwaukee. Give Flynn a little credit as it can't be easy to be the Chief of what is basically Detroit jr.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

A more accurate statement would be that many on ATS have pointed out that blacks will not take to the streets when 100 blacks have been killed during the first quarter of the year but will raise hell if a cop has to use his gun.

And that really is what this guy is saying as well.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Uh...

what?

Huge problem with what this guy is saying. He is saying that just because people are holding the police accountable for their actions that people can't also be outraged about criminal violence as well? How the hell does he know who does or doesn't know who is being killed? Is he in every church when prayers are said for victims? Does he read all of the community newsletters? Is this old white guy really trying to tell me that he has his finger on the pulse of the African American community?

He knows because he is cleaning up crime scenes and dead bodies all week and trying to get witnesses to testify? He knows because he has to go to homes and inform loved ones?

Old white guy?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
a reply to: AgentShillington

What he's saying is the black community should address the problem of black on black violence rather than soapbox about one unjustified killing involving the police. I won't even go into Milwaukee any more, you know why? Nightly shootings that many times have innocent people caught up in all that monkey island madness known as Milwaukee. Give Flynn a little credit as it can't be easy to be the Chief of what is basically Detroit jr.

The black community -does- address the problem, and when they do, they are told they should do -more-.

SHARPTON CONDEMNS BLACK ON BLACK CRIME, NOW SHOULD SPEAK OUT ON BLACK ON WHITE RACIST ATTACKS

"monkey island madness"? Really? Wow.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

False equivocation.

Since people aren't willing to become targets of retaliatory attacks, they must not be serious about wanting violence to end. That line of thought doesn't work on white on white organized crime, and it doesn't work here.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The black community -does- address the problem, and when they do, they are told they should do -more-.

SHARPTON CONDEMNS BLACK ON BLACK CRIME, NOW SHOULD SPEAK OUT ON BLACK ON WHITE RACIST ATTACKS

Al Sharpton... LMAO Al Sharpton? Reverend Al addresses this problem? Really? How did he find the time to do this between Tawana Brawley and being a mole for the FBI?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thank you for proving my point so eloquently.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thank you for proving my point so eloquently.

Thank you for steriotypically using Al Sharpton as a symbol of the black community!
That's as much a part of the problem as anything else is, imo.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well, it wasn't stereotypical, it was calculated. Al Sharpton is the example of the black community that is routinely vilified in conservative media. So, to address my point, I used their favorite weapon to elucidate it.

I mean, you must have noticed the website I linked was FOXnews. It's not like the black community was begging FOXnews to report on Al Sharpton. They decided to do that for themselves.
edit on 20-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join