It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purposely Vague Aggravation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I hate when people post topics that go pretty much like this: "I have top secret info that a top secret insider gave me but it's so secret that I can't tell you anything other than that it was really great info and also very secret."

That is all.

edit on 19-11-2014 by MojaveBurning because: ..

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
And... I hate when added to what you just said is this - "I've been hacked, They know my information is so on point they're following me, hacking my computer, trying to stop this all important information I have... LOL

prey tell .

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I know something I won't tell.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
I hate when people post topics that go pretty much like this: "I have top secret info that a top secret insider gave me but it's so secret that I can't tell you anything other than that it was really great info and also very secret."

That is all.

Seeing a lot of those lately.

And the flags roll in so fast and plenty it looks very suspicious.

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think the majority of us would have to agree with you. If a person has such information then they should either post it, or they should refrain from making any announcement or thread whatsoever. If you are not willing to share the information, then do not make others aware that you have it. I think the vast majority of these instances are people who are seeking attention in one form or another. Or they are trolls, which basically amounts to the same thing. If ATS does not do it already, they should lock or delete any thread of that nature, and perhaps warn the person or even ban them outright. Perhaps ban them after a couple of infractions to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But I have seen threads locked, although I do not know the reason for such, that were similar to this, but they were different in that the poster was asking for advice. I remember one guy talking about how he was going to soon get his hands on some information and was essentially asking for advice, and that thread disappeared pretty quickly. And I was genuinely interested in the subject matter because it sounded highly plausible. I think it was something to do with 9/11 and someone filming the plane in PA, and the poster was going to obtain the film. I was pretty aggravated over that incident, and I think that there is a difference in a thread like that and a true teaser thread where a person claims to already have the information but will not release it for whatever reason. Or they claim that they will release it after X number of days, which again is pointless. Don't mention it until you are ready to release it, if you already have it. So these should be handled on a case by case basis I believe.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

too many people have delusions of thier own self importance

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
that is what most of the ATs community is about. people that are not interested in the truth, just in promoting their personal agenda and their beliefs and onw way to do that is to put yourself in a position of superior knowledge, aside from the ones mentioned by OP and others there is also stuff like:
you are close minded (aka see reality my way or you are stupid)
do your own research (aka i am smart and know where to look, you are not)

gotta love it, especially on a website with the motto "deny ignorance"
sounds more like "deny conflicting evidence" most of the time

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Well, I have a friend in a certain agency that I can't name that said that something is going to happen somewhere that I can't tell you the location of.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Maybe it's me, but the membership used to be a lot harder on such posters. Demanding evidence, and persisting until the OP had to fold the rumor tent and steal away. We determine content. Do not star, or flag such threads and demand some sort of reliable source or as we famously say..."pics or it didn't happen".

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Some people do it to stoke their egos.

Some people are afraid of being tracked down and hunted due to how OPSEC works.

Basically, if you are cleared for classified things, you sign a NDA.

In this it basically states that if the info you receive is classified enough, they have the legal right to monitor your online presence and psychical communications to see if you breach the NDA. Sometimes, it is a lifetime deal where you'll never be off the radar due to how sensitive the information is.

And this being the internet, literally anyone could come on here and read said info and realize what the source is and go from there.

Don't see why you needed to create a thread about it though

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

I did the NDA 32 years ago. Had TS Crypto NATO with access to ESI and other NOFORN things and such.
Someone's lifetime and several Presidential Administrations ago. I have wondered "Does this expire at some point"?
Say, is this true? I heard certain info from the Civil War is still classified.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: misschareesee2

High enough on the alphabet, I believe it is Unicorn, and yes there is quite huge possibility that if it had to do with crypto analysis your online presence might be monitored for certain words or acronyms that might be sensitive to the NSA's affairs.

Most clearances like that expire at around 50 years. All spec ops and all other than top secret classified are due to be released 75 years after they get classified and even higher clearances take 100 years to be de classfiied.

Don't take it from me though, my knowledge on those kind of affairs are pretty outdated

top topics

join