It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mike Tyson Car Beating Charges Dropped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Asaf Alikadic, 22, had claimed that Mike Tyson jumped up on the hood of his car about 12:45 am as he was leaving the Pussycat Lounge in Scottsdale, AZ last month. Tyson was cited with one count of felony criminal damage. Mr. Alikadic is in the process of having the charges dropped, saying he only called the police for insurance purposes and does not want this to get out of hand, as he is good friends with the people at the lounge. "I just want it to go away," he said. A Scottsdale city official said the prosecutor�s office had not been contacted about Alikadic�s decision as of Friday afternoon but charges are normally dropped in such instances.

uk.news.yahoo.com

Mike Tyson car-beating charges dropped

Friday December 10, 11:39 PM

SCOTTSDALE, Arizona (Reuters) - An Arizona man who claims his car was attacked by Mike Tyson, says he will drop his criminal complaint against the ex-heavyweight champion for damaging the vehicle outside a local nightspot.
Asaf Alikadic, 22, told Reuters on Friday he has no interest in pursuing the case against the troubled fighter, who in an apparent fit of anger jumped on his car's hood and damaged it near the Pussycat Lounge in Scottsdale last month.
"I didn't want this to get out of hand anymore," Alikadic said. "I am good friends with the people at the lounge and this is out of respect for them. I just want it to all go away."
The Pussycat Lounges owner said the club would pay for the damage and Alikadic said he only reported the incident to police for insurance purposes. He added that he would tell police shortly that he wanted to drop the charges.
Link

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Alikadic had said that he slowed his car to allow Tyson and others to pass in front of him. Tyson then began screaming, ran towards the car, and jumped up on the hood. The Pussycat Lounge�s owner had said the club would pick up the tab for damages to Alikadic�s car.

So Tyson gets to walk on this one. Too bad, he never seem to learn. One would think after having spent time in jail for other crimes he committed, he would have learned his lesson and toned down his temper to avoid more time at club fed. He�s lucky that Alikadic just wants to put this behind him, and if anything Tyson should pay for the damages to Mr. Alikadic car instead of the club covering the costs of the repairs.

Related News Links:
uk.news.yahoo.com

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Banshee]

new topics

join