It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity kids instilled with buddha like knowledge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Those were some...interesting words from these two young people. Most kids their age aren't into the philosophical angles to life, and even though I don't believe that either of them have enough life experience to have formed these thoughts on their own I will say that I am curious to hear their thoughts in a decade or so. Maybe they will do something big, maybe they're just full of hot air and like to sound intelligent. Who knows.

Either way, these kids need to eat a damn sandwich! They can't weigh 200lbs between the two of them!
edit on 11/20/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think it's more likely that celebrity kids have enough free-time, money, and support that they are able to explore things that others can't due to focusing on survival.

Wisdom can't be taught, it's lived and earned. These kids are not wise. They are regurgitating broad statements that I've heard here on ATS for years and years. It's nothing new, it's nothing profound. The profoundness comes from true understanding and perspective of those subjects, something impossible to get with such a short, pampered life.

I'm not saying these kids are bad people or anything, I totally applaud the fact the are trying to concern themselves with more important issues than the banal stuff that seems so popular today. But it seems they are simply wearing the "intellectual person" thing as a style choice not as a lifestyle, as someone with true maturity and experience would have enough self-awareness to realize they should probably try to live a bit more life before they claim to have it all figured out.

Kids are kids and think they know everything anyway, add in the ego-boost of being rich and powerful with millions of people looking up to you, and it's a recipe for arrogance and obsession with public imagine, something totally incompatible with enlightenment.

I hope their parents keep them grounded and humble, if they thirst for knowledge and truth they are in a great position to seek those goals, but they need to avoid the pitfalls of adoration and wealth which is hard for anyone, let alone children. Instead of trying so hard to LOOK like an intellectual and a philosopher maybe focus more on actually BEING one. Which means plunging yourself into unfamiliar situations and living life to give you perspective and understanding, compared to sitting at the pulpit declaring the facts of life to everyone.

edit on 20-11-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well they dont look insincere... Any one who finds the path of truth and is motivated to walk it, should be celebrated, not criticised senselessly or mocked. Theyre still young and lerhaps a little naive, but theyre still young, give them time to figure things out fully is what i say, you never know what great things they might end up doing for humanity in a few years time. It souds like at the moment they are still studying, and are finding out the truth in this world for themselves, a rare thing, as we on here should all know.

Jaden: “Here’s the deal: School is not authentic because it ends. It’s not true, it’s not real. Our learning will never end. The school that we go to every single morning, we will continue to go to…You never learn anything in school.
This kind of statement should be applauded. Most adults dont even realise this, and so they send their children to state schools (indoctrination factories), and hate the older generations for it, causing a generation divide. We need less kids hating the older generations and more speaking the trhth like these kids.

<< 1   >>

join