It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service arrests man with rifle in his car near White House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The Secret Service arrested a 41-year-old Iowa man one block from the White House today after a search of his car uncovered a rifle and ammunition, law enforcement officials confirmed to ABC News.

Secret Service arrests man with rifle in his car near White House

Sounds like this guy might have a screw loose. He walked up to a uniformed agent and told them someone in Iowa told him to go to the White House.
It will be interesting to see what his background is.... Ties to a militia, whatever.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That's some weird behavior. I'm sure someone is going to get all nutty and say the guy is being framed. From the comments it appears he may be an "environmental activist".

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If they manage to tie this into some "militia" or "right wing" nut, my bet is it's a deep cover operation.

Lots of Administration jealousy right now.

At all levels.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Maybe he went there to protect the President from the Republicans!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The man approached a uniform division officer on the corner of 15th Street and E Street NW at 12:54 p.m. and “stated that someone in Iowa told him to go to the White House,”

The article should read, "Man asks cop for directions to White House, by the way he had a gun." Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This right here.

Sounds to me like the guy had a rifle in his car but wasn't doing anything else.

That is if he even approached anyone at all. For all we know, he was just minding his own business. I carry a rifle with me when I travel.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is on all the news channels here. The guy's from Davenport, where I live. There doesn't seem to be any information other than what everyone knows already. Sounds to me like this guy is maybe just not too bright

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Better not carry one in your car in DC.
They don't like it when you try to exercise 2nd Amendment rights in the nation's Capitol.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The only Washington I'll ever visit is the one in the corner with cool mountains and that's bushbamoless.

I think I'm better for it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Agreed.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Remember the pickup trucks used to have that "Easy Rider" rifle rack in the back window loaded with shotguns etc..... Those were the days one did not think about the second amendment rights....

Anyone caught like this all "they" will do is dig through all the social media that "they" have in data collecting houses till they find something to nail you with..... surprised none of my fellow ATS Bros or Sis's have not been nailed on something using a thread or post as to the reason they were guilty after the fact*!

* fact is to save Feds embarrassment of lack of reason of search after pulling over on some made up reason.....

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm calling BS on him approaching an officer. That's just a cover story to hide the capabilities of our biggest and baddest satellite.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

That's one reason I've considered at times just making a blog or something with info housed all over(harder to erase) that is open that openly identifies me so that if for whatever reason they decided to start lying after murdering me in cold blood at least people would have a place to look to know it was a lie.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yeah. I also remember dad telling me how he would walk to town with a rifle when he was 11 because his mom feared for his safety(big family and no car so he had to get supplies).

Different times. Now you can be shot by police and nothing comes of it other than some made up slander. Who knows though, maybe it's always been that way but we just have more access to information these days.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Still riding around with my easy rider up here in Alaska. Just an everyday thing. With the world constantly growing the amount of bad apples will also grow. Bad places full of misspent youth.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: intrptr

This right here.

Sounds to me like the guy had a rifle in his car but wasn't doing anything else.

That is if he even approached anyone at all. For all we know, he was just minding his own business. I carry a rifle with me when I travel within my state.

Allow me to edit that statement for you sir, I would hate for piece of # prosecutors to one day use that internet statement against you one day for a false accusation.
a
So the gentlemen was arrested for carrying an unregistered firearm. Unless he shipped that thing from an FFL in Iowa to an FFL in DC, or purchased it from someone in te classifieds upon his arrival, I suspect they may slap crossing state lines as well at some point. I guess they would have to determine that with an investigation first though. Sucks that some municipalities in this country actually require you to register your equipment. NYC and Chicago come to mind as well. Funny how that works right? usually the cities with the most corrupted elected leaders.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Caught with a gun in their car near the whitehouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, shocking stuff.

That automatically means he was going to use it on someone in the White House.

If they had looked they would have also found someone had a wheel brace in their car which automatically proves they were going to use to harm someone in the whitehouse so why did not not arrest everyone who had a wheel brace in their car????????????????????

Another assination, sorry I mean terrorist attack thwarted

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

That automatically means he was going to use it on someone in the White House.

I guess that is how the Secret Service looks at it....
But if you have a knife and jump the fence and actually enter the White House, they are much more laid back about it.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Militia? Sounds like a useful idiot sort of thing. Lee Harvey and James Ray sort of dumbasses.

We need to give the militia a break here. A hunting rifle? If it were some militia operation they would have found a team 2 to 4 men with assault rifles and other tactical paraphernalia ect.

Hunting rifle sounds like James Earl Ray lone gun set up heat sink stoolie.

edit on 20-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Militia? Sounds like a useful idiot sort of thing. Lee Harvey and James Ray sort of dumbasses.

We need to give the militia a break here. A hunting rifle? If it were some militia operation they would have found a team 2 to 4 men with assault rifles and other tactical paraphernalia ect.

Hunting rifle sounds like James Earl Ray lone gun set up heat sink stoolie.

You are right.
I just suspected initially that this would be some kind of false flag against the militias.
So far, most of what we have seen with the government and militias are where the government sets them up for charges.... usually weapons related.
edit on bu302014-11-20T09:29:05-06:0009America/ChicagoThu, 20 Nov 2014 09:29:05 -06009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join