It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ramones doing cover songs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
These are some covers The Ramones recorded. They did a bunch of covers, but I think they really did a good job on these:

'When I Was Young' by The Animals

The Stones' classic 'Out Of Time'

'Indian Giver', a 1960s bubblegum hit by the 1910 Fruitgum Company

The Spiderman theme

'Time Has Come Today' by The Chambers Brothers

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I will surely miss the Ramones. End of the century indeed. I did a farewell post about the Ramones not to far back, maybe you might appreciate it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I love Dee Dee. He played with GG Allin then denied it on camera!. While playing Bite It, Dee Dee didn't know the song so it took him a few tries to get it right. Anybody remember his rap career? Dee Dee King.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I've always been a huge Ramones fan. Never was too crazy about their covers though.

Bonzo will always be my favorite Ramones song though.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I must've been away from the computer for a couple days to miss that thread. I would have flagged it.
I checked it out. Great thread!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

That's a great song. I saw them once in Minneapolis and they played a longer than normal version of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I love Dee Dee. He played with GG Allin then denied it on camera!. While playing Bite It, Dee Dee didn't know the song so it took him a few tries to get it right. Anybody remember his rap career? Dee Dee King.

I talked to him at a couple shows. He did some decent solo stuff. This song was something of a tribute to the old school
girl groups. I know Joey and Dee Dee really dug the 60s girl groups like The Ronettes. They did a cover of 'Baby I Love You'
by them.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ramones was one of those groups that can play whatever they wanted and make it sound cool.

new topics

top topics

join