It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your Good Luck Charm? Fun quiz and discussion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Take the fun quiz ... add your own comments ... nothing to get uptight about. Just have fun with it.

What is your Good Luck Charm?

You got: Shark's Tooth

Life can be as rough as the sea, but you have an animalistic power on your side. Some people bring so much fear into their conflicts, they weigh themselves down from the start. Get a shark's tooth to remind you that like a shark, you swim through the storms of life with a razor-sharp focus on what's important and an indifference to the tiny trials that bring lesser creatures down.

In real life I don't have a good luck charm. I have an old rosary that I'm attached to and that I still use but no 'good luck charms'. My daughter has a sharks tooth necklace that she bought in Virginia Beach but she doesn't wear it for luck. (It just looks good on her and she's a huge swimmer and fan of the water).

About good luck charms - When i was a kid I found a few four leaf clovers. I picked them and ironed them between sheets of wax paper. I kept them for a while. I remember seeing rabbits feet for sale at the circus when I was a kid but that was just gross to me. And the poor rabbits weren't lucky so I didn't understand how people could think they were good luck. The house I grew up in has been in the family for 5 generations and I remember my grandfather hanging a horseshoe over the cellar door - ends up for good luck.

Does anyone have any good luck charms or tokens that they carry?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
he he your are becoming the quiz queen!

You got: Horseshoe Your love for animals is a sign that you feel a strong to connection to the animal lifestyle: you're ruled by instinct and survival. Many people hang horseshoes for good luck and swear that the points should be facing up so that the good fortune doesn't fall out. How you hang them doesn't really matter, but you should look out for horseshoes and horseshoe shapes—for you, they signify good luck.

Which is funny, because we have two, hanging on our porch, that were found when my hubby was rototilling the garden.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

ive always considered my eyes to be very lucky, ide love to be able to get them on a keychain one day ,maybe even get them plated for long lasting durability and safe keeping like

what was luck again ? positive resulting happenchance? hmmm

funbox

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
We had horseshoes hanging over the doorways to the dirt cellar of our very old New England farmhouse. I remember my grandfather being very careful to make sure the pointed ends were up so the luck would 'stay in the shoe'.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What a coincidence....

I have one of these tattooed on me. I guess I never have to worry about leaving home without it.

What Is Your Good Luck Charm?

You got: Four Leaf Clover

Like a four leaf clover, you are a symbol of tradition. Respecting your elders, being responsible, and helping your fellow man are all jobs you take seriously in your daily life. The four leaf clover is an uncommon variation, and exception to the rule, a rarity. Just like you.

Thank FF.
I always like these little quizzes.
edit on 11/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I got....

You got: Laughing Buddha

The Laughing Buddha is a corpulent reminder of the most important things in life: not riches, but happiness and love. The little statue reminds us to be content even when we feel destitute. Wander the world with your eyes and heart open and don't get caught up in frivolous desires. Unless it feeds your mind, body, or soul, don't chase anything.

Leave the love out except for family and it is pretty darn close!

Other than that, I really don't believe in good luck charms.

Fun quiz though!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Huh! These are seeming fairly accurate:

Laughing Buddha:

The Laughing Buddha is a corpulent reminder of the most important things in life: not riches, but happiness and love. The little statue reminds us to be content even when we feel destitute. Wander the world with your eyes and heart open and don't get caught up in frivolous desires. Unless it feeds your mind, body, or soul, don't chase anything.

I AM into Buddhist philosophy. Freaky.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ladybug? They are mean. They bite!

You got: Ladybug

Good luck rarely looks like good luck when it arrives. It looks like a bug on your shoulder, or feels like a pain in the butt. Sometimes you even get agitated at the string of seemingly bad luck that seeps into your life. Pay attention to ladybugs. Let them be a reminder that the wrenches thrown into your works have never wrecked your system. In the end, the bugs often make life better.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What Is Your Good Luck Charm?
You got: The Number 7

Symbolism rules your life. Your experiences come in groups, and you have a lucky number that seems to pop up multiple times every day. Be aware that the number 7 is a lucky charm, an indicator that something important is on the horizon. Look out for it, and when it appears, be alert for hazards as well as opportunities.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My good luck charm is my Avatar. I was using my metal detector to look for things in the wood on side of the house and almost tripped on it. I had thrown rocks to the side when backfilling around the house and eighteen years later tripped on this artifact that I threw out of the pile. I actually had to go around a bunch of weeds when I tripped on it. This was one of the best finds of my life.

Without being verified, it has little value but if I were to bring it to a place and get an official verification, it could be worth almost as much as I would pay for the verification. So, I'll just stick to owning a near worthless artifact. It has been unofficially verified by an archeologist and other people who know about these things, that is good enough for me.

If I paid a lot to verify it, the wife would want me to sell it to recover the costs. I would rather own it than have someone else own it.

Good luck charms can become bad luck charms if you don't watch it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You got: Laughing Buddha

My Virgin of Guadalupe medal....
edit on 19-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I got a rabbit's foot. Sorry, Beezzer. You don't really need both of them, do you?

Some people think any old rabbit's foot will do as a good luck charm, but that is not the case. There are stipulations as to which leg to nab and how the rabbit's leg is obtained...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It has been unofficially verified by an archeologist

So.....? What is it!?

On Topic :
I got a ladybug, although I've never been bitten by one.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: rickymouse

It has been unofficially verified by an archeologist

So.....? What is it!?

On Topic :
I got a ladybug, although I've never been bitten by one.

Some sort of stone hammer head that has been ground to represent something. Exactly what it represents is not so easily deciphered. Probably some sort of animal or an indian head or something. people see different things in it.

It is just a shaped rock which has a hole the shape of a marrow hole in it. The only one that would truly know the image and where the stone came from is the artist who ground it. To say it definitely is one image would only be an interpretation formed by what we view of reality. I think it looks like a puppy myself but there were no puppies in America yet when this was made.. Could be a coyote pup or wolf pup though

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
I got a rabbit's foot. Sorry, Beezzer. You don't really need both of them, do you?

Some people think any old rabbit's foot will do as a good luck charm, but that is not the case. There are stipulations as to which leg to nab and how the rabbit's leg is obtained...

Oh my god! You are hilarious!

You take one and I'll take another...I got rabbits foot too!

Sheesh, He will still have two left. What's the big deal?

Funny thing is, I never really believed in them but I use to carry one around as a young girl.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I got horseshoe.

A little heavy...I think I will just stick with a good pair of socks.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You got: Laughing Buddha- The Laughing Buddha is a corpulent reminder of the most important things in life: not riches, but happiness and love. The little statue reminds us to be content even when we feel destitute. Wander the world with your eyes and heart open and don't get caught up in frivolous desires. Unless it feeds your mind, body, or soul, don't chase anything.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You got: The Number 7

Symbolism rules your life. Your experiences come in groups, and you have a lucky number that seems to pop up multiple times every day. Be aware that the number 7 is a lucky charm, an indicator that something important is on the horizon. Look out for it, and when it appears, be alert for hazards as well as opportunities

Not far off, definitely look at most things in a symbolic/spirtual nature.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Awesome!

I had one of these as a kid, never knew what happened to it though...

You got: Rabbit's Foot

Some people think any old rabbit's foot will do as a good luck charm, but that is not the case. There are stipulations as to which leg to nab and how the rabbit's leg is obtained. You're like a rabbit's foot in that you follow the rules. You don't expect special treatment, but you do demand that everyone treat you fairly.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You got: Four Leaf Clover

Like a four leaf clover, you are a symbol of tradition. Respecting your elders, being responsible, and helping your fellow man are all jobs you take seriously in your daily life. The four leaf clover is an uncommon variation, and exception to the rule, a rarity. Just like you.

I don't believe in luck as much as destiny!!

Sal

top topics

<<   2 >>

join