It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler's Artwork

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am an artist, and for years I was inspired by some of Adolf Hitler's Artwork, and still is.

sobadsogood.com...

I would just like to ask something. For me, some of his artwork is truly amazing, and I would love to have one of those in my house, but his paintings sell for millions. So here is the question. Is that because other people also think that he had true talent, or is it just because it is artwork by the famous Hitler?

Also, anyone else out there that think he did some amazing work?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

2,4,11,18 and 25 are ok....not inspired but something id buy for £20 to put on my wall.

Some of the others look like what a child would draw

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I see four different "hands" (at least) in those paintings. There's been some speculation that his early work isn't really his, and that some of this later work was also "ghost painted." Also, the signature is different across many of the works.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's because he's Hitler. The work is basic at best. A talented student could do much better.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I see four different "hands" (at least) in those paintings. There's been some speculation that his early work isn't really his, and that some of this later work was also "ghost painted." Also, the signature is different across many of the works.

i totally agree, there is more than one artists work there.
Hitler's work is the most basic looking stuff, the pencil drawings of soldiers, numbers 8, 9 , 10 and 12.
edit on 19/11/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So is my signiture. It is very easy for my signiture to differ from painting to paint.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Having looked at them, I'd suggest it's definitely because of the name.

I thought they were dull to be honest, I wouldn't purchase any of them for their content, absolutely nothing appealed. But of course, you're buying a bit of twentieth century history, so I can see why they would go for millions.

What I would say is maybe if he spent more time painting and less time plotting to take the whole of Europe, maybe he would have became better? He isn't a natural artist, he has worked quite hard, but not hard enough.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

i totally agree, there is more than one artists work there.
Hitler's work is the most basic looking stuff, the pencil drawings of soldiers

Not to sound rood or anything, but when changing styles, medium and canvus, one person's work can look like the work of many people. That is how my work is.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

He was evil incarnate, but some of his work is impressive. Others are crap.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Maybe this links would help you see what I see.
And yes, I do know that everyone has their own likes and dislikes, likes and dislikes.

www.sciencecaffe.com...

www.germaniainternational.com...

www.world-war-2-diaries.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Not really. The medium may change but the artist work will be obvious. That's true of any artistic medium. Took Stephen King's fans no time to figure out Richard Bachman was him.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's only collectable or interesting because of the macabre connection to the worlds most notorious evil human being. If these were put out by a no-named person, they would not be looked at twice and they'd be forgotten. IMHO.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Churchill was much more talented:
www.museumsyndicate.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Not really. The medium may change but the artist work will be obvious. That's true of any artistic medium. Took Stephen King's fans no time to figure out Richard Bachman was him.

Not always true. If I work with water colours, my work is sympistic and light. But with oil, my work is super realistic, bright and intense. With normal drawings I would only create outlines.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't want any art work done by this man to be hanging in my home. I'm sorry, but it would be just too creepy. Every time I looked at it I would be reminded of him and the evil he did. I don't think he had any particular talent. But everyone has different tastes in art so maybe some might find them worthy of putting out for display.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I enjoyed reading on the Live Page...

Hitler's Artwork
Members Art

I wouldn't dare call his art amazing. For the average painter he's good but that's about it. Can we not associate Hitler with amazing? Besides, it really kills it's meaning.

edit on 19-11-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
George Bush is a better despot... I mean painter...

On a serious note, if Hitler painted any of those... I'm the son of Queen Elizabeth II...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF?

Obama Jokes That He 'Should've Been An Artist'...But He Got 'Sidetracked'

As part of his visit to Northern Ireland, President Barack Obama visited Enniskillen Integrated Primary School on Monday with U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron.

While visiting the school, Obama and Cameron helped students paint a mural about the G-8 summit, held this week in Enniskillen.

"I should've been an artist," Obama joked while painting with the schoolchildren. "Instead I got sidetracked and went into politics."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
George Bush is a better despot... I mean painter...

On a serious note, if Hitler painted any of those... I'm the son of Queen Elizabeth II...

Nice to meet you Queen Elizabeth II!!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Reading his book, you can clearly see that he was more interested in Painting and Architecture that one might think. Yes, he did paint, that is how he earned his bread and butter.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join