It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton owes almost 5 million in taxes to both the state and feds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Things not looking so good for our friend the Reverend Al Sharpton.

Apparently he and his "businesses" owe big money in back taxes including payroll taxes that help fund Social Security and Medicare.

Hmmm.

Elitist crony Al Sharpton apparently hasn’t been paying his taxes and, while flying first class and taking a huge salary from his National Action Network, now owes almost $5 million back in taxes to his state and the federal government. And while he’s said that he’s paying it back, apparently the amount he owes continues to increase:

NY TIMES – Mr. Sharpton has regularly sidestepped the sorts of obligations most people see as inevitable, like taxes, rent and other bills. Records reviewed by The New York Times show more than $4.5 million in current state and federal tax liens against him and his for-profit businesses.

And though he said in recent interviews that he was paying both down, his balance with the state, at least, has actually grown in recent years. His National Action Network appears to have been sustained for years by not paying federal payroll taxes on its employees.

Al Sharpton owes almost 5 million in taxes to both the state and feds

Oh the Irony !!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

lets see what happens if he goes to court and gets a conviction.
wont be his fault. it will be the white devil racist judge....

With the tax liability outstanding, Mr. Sharpton traveled first class and collected a sizable salary, the kind of practice by nonprofit groups that the United States Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration recently characterized as “abusive,” or “potentially criminal” if the failure to turn over or collect taxes is willful.
In 2009, when the group still owed $1.1 million in overdue payroll taxes, Mr. Sharpton began collecting a salary of $250,000 from National Action Network. The recent Treasury report that called that sort of practice abusive also said only 1,200 organizations in the nation owed more than $100,000 in unpaid payroll taxes, which would put Mr. Sharpton’s group among the most delinquent nonprofit organizations in the nation
------------------

what a stand up guy
edit on 19-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Tawana brawly wasn't his fault.
The crown heights riot wasn't his fault.
The Freddie's fashion mart arson wasn't his fault.
Why would back taxes be his fault?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Exxon is a lot worse.

Instead of gloating when someone is called to accounts by the IRS, maybe you should wonder where all the money is going and why we are paying out billions every year for a mafia-style collection agency when a flat tax based solely on what people buy would be so much fairer?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

But he's a reverend... They don't gotta pay taxes right?

edit on 19-11-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

nah...
you wonder all you want.

when a person like sharpton that takes a 250k a year salary from a non profit org gets called out on anything, i gloat

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

During the Crown Heights Riot, Sharpton (who arranged a rally in Crown Heights after Cato's death[35]) has been seen by some commentators as inflaming tensions by making remarks that included "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house

Sharpton was quoted as saying to an audience at Kean College in 1994 that, "White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.

On November 28, 1987, Tawana Brawley, a 15-year-old African-American girl, was found smeared with feces, lying in a garbage bag, her clothing torn and burned and with various slurs and epithets written on her body in charcoal. Brawley claimed she had been assaulted and raped by six white men, some of them police officers, in the town of Wappinger, New York.

Attorneys Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason joined Sharpton in support of Brawley. A grand jury was convened; after seven months of examining police and medical records, the jury found "overwhelming evidence" that Brawley had fabricated her story.[84] Sharpton, Maddox, and Mason had accused the Dutchess County prosecutor, Steven Pagones, of racism and of being one of the perpetrators of the alleged abduction and rape. The three were successfully sued for defamation, and were ordered to pay $345,000 in damages, with the jury finding Sharpton liable for making seven defamatory statements about Pagones

In 2005, Sharpton appeared in three television commercials for LoanMax, an automobile title loan company. He was criticized for his appearance because LoanMax reportedly charges fees which are the equivalent of 300% APR loans

--------------------

al sharpton is a big turd. i hope he goes to court and i hope he goes to jail i am thinking of releasing a dove for every year of his sentence like people did for every count michael jackson was aquitted on

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Exxon is a lot worse.

Instead of gloating when someone is called to accounts by the IRS, maybe you should wonder where all the money is going and why we are paying out billions every year for a mafia-style collection agency when a flat tax based solely on what people buy would be so much fairer?

Exxon paid more taxes than anybody. 31 billion.

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What? Surely he can afford to pay his $5M taxes. He works for MSNBC...THAT place is swimming in money!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If it was some no name guy in the middle class not paying it out of principal we would be cheering him on. Many of us on here believe the ability to tax us is out of control.

Because he's Al Sharpton he may not get the same support but i say good for him....
edit on 19-11-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Shocking isn't it?

No? Yeah me neither.
edit on 19-11-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

When he earns in 1 year what most American families have trouble earning in 10 years is when the pitty flies out the winddow lol.

We shouldn't cheer on middle class or even low class people not paying taxes either... Taxes are a very important part of society.

Middle class jobs were removed from flint Michigan over the last 20 years. This middle class moved to other means to survive. MANY chose to sell drugs or cars or hell even paint curbs TAX FREE. This majority of untaxed income creates what you see in flint today. There are potholes that you could literally bury BODIES in. Yes plural.

This loss of tax revenue forces cities to cut budgets... Schools are usually first on the chopping block. What happens when all those untaxed workers kids grow up in an education program that is missing all its tax dollars? More people unable to function and pay taxes. They get stuck in the same cycle as their elders...

I'm not saying "omg they are so wrong for not paying taxes!!" Yah they gotta do what they gotta do... But it's really not helping the overall picture.. Just their little household. Idk the answer but I do know that taxes help for the most part when logically applied and implemented. We need to pay our fair share f we ever expect to be more then a 3rd world county.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
in 2003/4 we filed our taxes incorrectly. We owed back taxes totaling around 4500 bucks. They caught up with us in 2007..by the time the IRS had their way with us--it was like we stole the crown or something..they were RELENTLESS..I think I would have have rather been dealing with the mafia..I sh!t you not--when we finally went settled we owed close to 80K

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

i files wrong in 1997.
they caught me the next year.
i forget what i owed but they sent me a letter. i set up a payment plan but only made 2 payments....a couple years went by before i got another letter. i set up a payment plan and made a couple payments...then i stopped.

in 2008 it all went away. apparently there is a statute for them coming after you....i called the IRS cause i had a big check coming in and i needed to know if they were going to intercept this check or put a lien on my account.

they said there was current judgements or orders. after 10 years they go bye bye

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You would think being an FBI snitch he would have had that taken care of, but then again look who we are talking about.

I'm sure his " GOOD BUDDY " Obama will take care of him, I mean Sharpton picked out the new DOJ for Obama, that should be worth something... no matter how bad she may be.

WOW these people are pathetic, can anyone remember when Obama and his MORON lackies were not in charge ????

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
If it was some no name guy in the middle class not paying it out of principal we would be cheering him on. Many of us on here believe the ability to tax us is out of control.

Because he's Al Sharpton he may not get the same support but i say good for him....

When an employer does not pay payroll taxes on their employees’ wages that have been taken out for that purpose then the tax burden falls on the employee. So you’re ok with him screwing his employees and making them pay twice in taxes?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

No, I'm pretty comfortable cheering on the demise of a 2 bit race baiting piece of s**t like Sharpton. He loves to point fingers and stir the pot when it's profitable for him, but don't breath a word about his wrong doings or you''ll hear RACIST shouted from the rooftops. For all the misery he's caused, I'd love to see him do time for any reason.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

O man.. If he does time.. Il deposit money into his concessions acct and use the name "Hah A$$hole" just to make it sting a bit more.

I can't imagine he will do time outside of a summer camp tho.. Ole sharpton is connected if he's anything.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenWhen I owned money to the IRS. They took it from me until it was all paided up. So I suspect they could do the same for Al. However, if he is paided in cash, I do not know how they would collect their back taxes.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've seen this fat, racist tub at the Macanudo Lounge in New York City where membership starts at $3,000 a year. If he can swing this he should probably be paying his taxes.

new topics

top topics

join