It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
These are a great change from regular sloppy joes! Especially for those of you who like Philly Cheese Steaks!

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
1 small sweet onion; chopped
1 green bell pepper seeded and; chopped
1/4 cup steak sauce (like A1)
1 cup beef broth
Provolone cheese
Buns

Crumble the ground beef into a skillet and add the chopped onion and pepper. Begin to cook, when the beef is about half cooked, add the broth and steak sauce. Cook until all items are done and allow to simmer and cook down/thicken for a few minutes.

I used hoagie buns from the bakery. Slice them open and fill with the meat mixture. Then each was topped with a slice of provolone cheese.

Placed under the broiler to crisp up for 3 minutes.

Recipe with Pic

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The things I would do to try one some American cheese and Beef, the burgers here in the UK are crap!
I have admired the food for so long. The Man vs Food TV show is the culprit, I can't watch it anymore, makes me want to eat my TV!

It sounds and looks delicious OP!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
The things I would do to try one some American cheese and Beef, the burgers here in the UK are crap!
I have admired the food for so long. The Man vs Food TV show is the culprit, I can't watch it anymore, makes me want to eat my TV!

I believe you guys call it "minced beef"?

You'll be fine using what you have! The flavor will come from the broth and steak sauce.

I love Man vs food! Diners Drive inns and dives is another good one!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Puts bib on

Anything with 'Sloppy' 'Cheese' and 'steak' has to be worth waiting for.

I'll take two
Waits.

edit on 19-11-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Puts bib on

Anything with 'Sloppy' 'Cheese' and 'steak' has to be worth waiting for.

I'll take two
Waits.

Come on Slayer! That's an easy recipe!

Take off your bib and put on an apron!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I used to think beef couldn't be that different till I visited England, and tasted the steak there
Even McDonalds is so much different. I don't understand it personally. I think your stuff might be healthier, but I'll take it tastier instead

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

I used to think beef couldn't be that different till I visited England, and tasted the steak there
Even McDonalds is so much different. I don't understand it personally. I think your stuff might be healthier, but I'll take it tastier instead

Could it be the fat?

I have never had beef outside of the US. Hmmmmmm, just curious as to why there would be such a difference.

Anyhow, I always use 80/20 regardless of what I am making.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The only thing it needs now is...

edit on 19-11-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

When I was a kid we use to watch the Kraft Theater and during commercial break Kraft would run commercials for their food products. One was an open face sandwich of sort. You take some ground beef cook it off and then add miracle whip and mustard to the ground beef to taste then you would spread it on French bread cut in half with sliced cheese on top. Pop it under the broiler until the cheese melts and bam a great treat. Later in life when i learned to cook I used the same recipe and instead of putting it on French bread I would take bread dough and roll it out and cut it into squares and put the meat and cheese mix onto the dough and fold all the corners up and flip the balls over so the seal is on the bottom and then bake them. Great meal.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Mmmmmm. Baked balls are my favorite too.

As for the topic, my expanding waist line thanks you. But I'll be tossing my meat slurry onto a bed of rice.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Have to agree most of the food available here in the U.K pails in comparison to the offerings available in other nations. That being said British beef or to be more precise Scottish beef leaves American meat standing and is arguable the best beef in the world with Argentine beef coming a close second.

Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe does sound amazing all the same, I think I may try out the recipe this evening if I can come across a half decent peace of Provolone.

edit on 21-11-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join