It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Mansion tax. I have no problems with this, would you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: blupblup

Some folks build empires. Some folks build strong families. Some build huge walls of empty liquor bottles. We each have a choice as to how we spend our time.

You say it as if it's a split... you either work or you choose family.
As I said, there are people who work all the hours in the day and still never see their family and still never get ahead.
The kinds of people you're talking about are the vast minority, those who give up a family to pursue their career.
The guy you're speaking of doesn't deserve rewards in my opinion, he's not my kinda guy.
He neglected and lost his wife and kids because he CHOSE work over them... it was his choice, he doesn't then get tax breaks because he's now really rich.

He could have done the decent and wise thing and had a good work and life balance... but he wanted more and more and wanted the money and power.

But if we are putting value on how time is spent...i would say time spent in sacrifice of a family is time that has the greatest value, at least personally. While it may mean nothing to you or I that they sacrificed having a family....it means a lot to them. Or, at least it would to me.

No...not at all.

We are just two different people who see the world entirely differently mate.

It's all good.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sounds to me like they just want to punish the rich for being financially successful.

Alot of those who are financially successful have done thing that would get many of us common folk thrown in prison.

I don't want highers taxes.

I want equal enforcement of laws and taxes.

Make the banks pay up for the damage they did.

Make the super rich and mega corporations pay there GD taxes! Not raise them just pay the ones they already owe!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well said man, it's unbelievable how some people really think about their fellow human beings, especially how they view the poor and vulnerable.

BFFT's post reminded me of David Cameron tbh, his strivers and shirkers crap... the poor are poor because they're lazy.
Just obscene and so blatantly wrong on so many levels.

Oh well.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

These corps paid their taxes.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I don't think I am arguing for tax breaks. I think I am arguing that if the government is broke, they need to figure out how to not invent new taxes and improve the leveraging of the current tax system.

I think ewok put it fairly well. No new taxes, just have folks pay what they already owe.

In my estimation, at least as far as America goes, I am against any new tax at all. At least, until church's start paying taxes first.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

These corps paid their taxes.

www.forbes.com...

good for them and I have no issues with those ones then (though I don't think apple paid there UK taxes)
edit on 19-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Or Amazon, but that might be untrue...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think I am arguing for tax breaks. I think I am arguing that if the government is broke, they need to figure out how to not invent new taxes and improve the leveraging of the current tax system.

I think ewok put it fairly well. No new taxes, just have folks pay what they already owe.

In my estimation, at least as far as America goes, I am against any new tax at all. At least, until church's start paying taxes first.

Exactly... tax Evasion is a huge problem, the mega-corps getting away with not paying taxes.
And yes, churches should definitely pay tax.
Problem is, the mega rich have got so good and not paying their share and hiding their money away, that it's difficult to get the money.

Plus many politicians are crooked and are on the payroll or board of many of these companies too.

It's far too messed up man.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Tax the rich feed the poor until there aren’t no rich no more. Eventually you will run out of other people’s money then what?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join