It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jules Bianchi: Injured Formula 1 driver 'out of coma'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Encouraging news has been released that Jules Bianchi is now out of his induced coma and breathing unaided , he hasn't regained consciousness yet but this is an important step in his recovery.

Statement released by his family.

"Almost seven weeks after Jules' accident at Suzuka Circuit, and following a challenging period of neurological intensive care, we are able to announce Jules has made an important step,"
"His treatment now enters a new phase concerned with the improvement of his brain function.
"Although the situation continues to be serious, and may remain so, it was decided that Jules was sufficiently stable to be repatriated to his native France."
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 19-11-2014 by gortex because: consciousness

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
It is truly remarkable that he is alive.
I hope he regains consciousness soon and has all his wits when he does.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Excellent news gortex my thanks

Having seen the crash I thought it was a miracle that he survived at all, here's hoping for a full recovery.

Cody

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

If this is the fellow whose car ploughed into the back end of one of the large plant vehicles parked up by the track, then I am amazed he did not have his head entirely caved in, or sheared off during the crash. The video of the crash makes your spine shake when you see the speed and angle of the impact. It looks as if the space which would have been occupied by his head, is all of a sudden taken up with the overhanging rear of the plant vehicle. Absolutely miraculous.

Without wishing to be a downer, he may have survived the crash in terms of his retention of his mortality, but I do not know how it would be possible for him to expect to retain anything more than that after such a devastating smash up!

top topics

join